New Room, Design Help

• Thread starter kushedoutmymind
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushedoutmymind

So i have in my new room ready to be built. Its 18x20 ft. total space. keep in mind i need to have veg. space, harvest space, and storage( nutrients, dry tent and other basic stuff). the room has a wall mount AC. I also have 40 amps to play with. I plan on running 4 600w hps lights.

Here is what im thinking. split the room pretty much in half with black and white poly. So i will have 20x8 ft for the flower room. 4 lights with each covering a 4x4 space lined up in a row. With that i will have a couple of ft around the plants to work and walk and whatnot. And plus to have my fans and res. For ventilation a 8in exhaust fan connected to a carbon filter up top and a 6 or 8 inch duct boosting fan at the bottom to help drive air in. The air will of course be coming from the AC cooling the whole room its self.

I guess the other option would be to build or buy a tent that is 10x10ft. and pretty much do the rest the same. It gives me a little more room to work outside but thats pretty much it that i can think of. Oh ya the outlets are spread out so the first design would be easier to connect everything.

Any and all info is appreciated. I will be posting pics as soon as i get my camera back and turn this into a nice grow journal. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First design sounds better, and more... configurable. Sounds like a great space to be working with!

Don't forget to make it so that you can seal each area off from the other, and that you can enter each room in a manner that allows you to control disease vectors. Separate entrances for each space would be what makes most sense to me without seeing a diagram or the space.

Bump-de-bump.

singlespeed

singlespeed

I agree with Sea. You might want to give the Blackout canvas a try. You can cover the wall with it or make your own tent. if you decide. I just re-built my room last month and I love this stuff. It 6 millimeters think, and blocks out all light. This was really helpful because, I use a window ac and had to worry about light leak. This stuff is super durable too. Peep…

B

bongtime

I agree with Sea. You might want to give the Blackout canvas a try. You can cover the wall with it or make your own tent. if you decide. I just re-built my room last month and I love this stuff. It 6 millimeters think, and blocks out all light. This was really helpful because, I use a window ac and had to worry about light leak. This stuff is super durable too. Peep…

thanx...for..the..link!!...what...stunning...growroom

B

Bobby Smith

So i have in my new room ready to be built. Its 18x20 ft. total space. keep in mind i need to have veg. space, harvest space, and storage( nutrients, dry tent and other basic stuff). the room has a wall mount AC. I also have 40 amps to play with. I plan on running 4 600w hps lights.

Here is what im thinking. split the room pretty much in half with black and white poly. So i will have 20x8 ft for the flower room. 4 lights with each covering a 4x4 space lined up in a row. With that i will have a couple of ft around the plants to work and walk and whatnot. And plus to have my fans and res. For ventilation a 8in exhaust fan connected to a carbon filter up top and a 6 or 8 inch duct boosting fan at the bottom to help drive air in. The air will of course be coming from the AC cooling the whole room its self.

I guess the other option would be to build or buy a tent that is 10x10ft. and pretty much do the rest the same. It gives me a little more room to work outside but thats pretty much it that i can think of. Oh ya the outlets are spread out so the first design would be easier to connect everything.

Any and all info is appreciated. I will be posting pics as soon as i get my camera back and turn this into a nice grow journal. :)

Save yourself some headaches and get the 10x10 tent for flowering and a 4x4 tent for moms/clones.

You're "only" running 4 600s (that's what I flower with as well, but most people on this site use more power than that for their un-rooted clones), which would fit in there nicely.

Honestly, not to come off as crass - if you've gotta ask, I'd HIGHLY recommend the tent.

BTW, I hope for your sake that those 40 amps are 220/240 and not 110/120, or you're not gonna have enough power (depending on what all you're putting in there - I'm assuming you're going to have a veg/clone setup as well).

Finally, I don't understand your ventilation/AC setup - you're going to be running intake/exhaust fans in conjunction with an AC?

K

kushedoutmymind

Save yourself some headaches and get the 10x10 tent for flowering and a 4x4 tent for moms/clones.

You're "only" running 4 600s (that's what I flower with as well, but most people on this site use more power than that for their un-rooted clones), which would fit in there nicely.

Honestly, not to come off as crass - if you've gotta ask, I'd HIGHLY recommend the tent.

BTW, I hope for your sake that those 40 amps are 220/240 and not 110/120, or you're not gonna have enough power (depending on what all you're putting in there - I'm assuming you're going to have a veg/clone setup as well).

Finally, I don't understand your ventilation/AC setup - you're going to be running intake/exhaust fans in conjunction with an AC?

I have a 4x4 tent that was given to me. either going to be mom/clone room or dry tent. im on a tight budget so a $500 give or take 10x10 tent is extra i just dont have. i just ordered the black and white 6mm poly which ill use to make my flower space.

the breaker has 4 switches, 2 of which say 20, and the other two say 30. the first two are marked that they are connected to all the outlets in the room. the outlets are regular 120.the other two switches are marked that they control the wall mount AC unit and the AC is on 220v for a fact. so thats what i see, help?

as far as the ventilation, i have an office space. the office has a wall mount AC. within the space is where my flower room is. sealed off of course. so for the flower room i have an intake fan and carbon filter connected to 8in 740(i think) cfm exhaust fan. so the air being drawn into the the flower room is coming from the cold air being pumped into the whole office by the wall mount.

thanks for the feedback :yes

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're still too new to be able to post like an adult, you have to get bot-approved first. First ten or something like that, and you'll be able to PM after something like thirty posts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom