New Room... Just Like Input Because It Helps Me Think...

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I got my room finished. 10x10... What environment controller do ppl recommend. I'm gonna start off with intake from outside and exhausting to other room but my intentions are to seal it up and run c02? Knowing that what would be a good choice in controllers. My room is 10x10x6. .

When I do seal it, . Do I buy a dual ac/heat unit that I see ppl use in bedrooms. I hear they are junk.
or do i buy just a space heater and use my window ac?

Is a window ac considered sealed?
And minisplits? Just heard the term.. opinions? Expense to operate...

New room just like input because it helps me think
New room just like input because it helps me think 2
New room just like input because it helps me think 3
New room just like input because it helps me think 4
New room just like input because it helps me think 5
hiboy

hiboy

I would run for 1000 hoods over two 3 x 6 tables to give you enough room in there
if you went 4 x 8 that would be very tight and your tables Would line the back of the tent and sides for no access
I do not do CMH but a lot of people would suggest using these for less wattage and less heat so you may want to do that but your-yoelds would be less. But you would need less AC
Hb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would foam spray your rim joists, and any lines coning in and out your house. Make sure you get the fire retardant type to be up to code. I just got done doing mine. Also, great idea to use mildew/mold resistant flat paint on the walls. I just did mine. Seal the floor with garage epoxy coating. Don't use the elcheapo floor stuff. Mine peeled in 2 yrs, and stains with any water left sitting on it. I put 3 coats when I moved in. Spend the coin now, vs 2x as much later on and when your basement is empty, not full of stuff, plants, rooms.

I use an autopilot master greenhouse controller, same copy as my old blueprint dbac2 controller. I absolutely love it!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would foam spray your rim joists, and any lines coning in and out your house. Make sure you get the fire retardant type to be up to code. I just got done doing mine. Also, great idea to use mildew/mold resistant flat paint on the walls. I just did mine. Seal the floor with garage epoxy coating. Don't use the elcheapo floor stuff. Mine peeled in 2 yrs, and stains with any water left sitting on it. I put 3 coats when I moved in. Spend the coin now, vs 2x as much later on and when your basement is empty, not full of stuff, plants, rooms.

I use an autopilot master greenhouse controller, same copy as my old blueprint dbac2 controller. I absolutely love it!
I just ordered the step down autopilot. Yours has fuzzy logic and mine is just timer controlled...
Mines the DEC...
Awesome info on sealing her up.. I need a couple more days on it then we see what's up!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Buy the "green" boxed 2 stage kit for 360.00 from HD or Lowes. Must have outside and inside temps of 60* (reason why I couldn't use it).

Yes, fuzzy logic and I need a temp controll, as I adjust my temps during flower cycle.

Also, I tried pulling outside air in. I got black mold from it. Spent 2 weeks spraying bleach, scrubbing walls, wasting 300.00 and 6hrs of time installing and ripping it out my duct work. Then 2 days painting my walls (again), 3 days spraying my rim joists with foam, then 1 more day putting r30 faced insulation in the rim joists. This was all done with my basement filled, plants growing. Had about 2' max of work room on 3 walls. Major PITA. Now u have to seal the outside brick, as I'm getting moisture seepage at my glass block window area.

Had I know those was an issue, I would have done all this prior to moving in and setting up shop.

Just a heads up.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I,m rebuilding mine now after a sewage line break put 2" of waste water in my basement. Mine is 8x12 and I'm going to run 4 600's with a 400 10,000k mh between each 2 600 hps .
Cooling for now will be 2 6" 400 cfm fans with the intention of adding a 8,000 btu window unit out my window well before I start to run my propane fired cO2 burner.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I definitely second getting a mini split! One of the 12000 btu's would be plenty. You can find ones that have built in heat pump if it gets to cold in the winter with lights off for about 1000$. I always used the utopian units they are cheap and work but if you have the extra cash get a Fujitsu! The mini splits are sealed and wont leak any smell out. I would be stuffing 4000 watts in there personally haha. but im a little guy and am used to having to crawl through my rooms since i like plants stuffed wall to wall haha. Sounds like a nice room good luck!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Buy the "green" boxed 2 stage kit for 360.00 from HD or Lowes. Must have outside and inside temps of 60* (reason why I couldn't use it).

Yes, fuzzy logic and I need a temp controll, as I adjust my temps during flower cycle.

Also, I tried pulling outside air in. I got black mold from it. Spent 2 weeks spraying bleach, scrubbing walls, wasting 300.00 and 6hrs of time installing and ripping it out my duct work. Then 2 days painting my walls (again), 3 days spraying my rim joists with foam, then 1 more day putting r30 faced insulation in the rim joists. This was all done with my basement filled, plants growing. Had about 2' max of work room on 3 walls. Major PITA. Now u have to seal the outside brick, as I'm getting moisture seepage at my glass block window area.

Had I know those was an issue, I would have done all this prior to moving in and setting up shop.

Just a heads up.
Dude all I can think about at work is you talking about pulling air in and black mold. Why do u think that happened? ??
Did your filters get wet????

hiboy

hiboy

I,m rebuilding mine now after a sewage line break put 2" of waste water in my basement. Mine is 8x12 and I'm going to run 4 600's with a 400 10,000k mh between each 2 600 hps .
Cooling for now will be 2 6" 400 cfm fans with the intention of adding a 8,000 btu window unit out my window well before I start to run my propane fired cO2 burner.
Window units push all the smell outside if you have neighbors that's not a good idea
Hb

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Window units push all the smell outside if you have neighbors that's not a good idea
Hb
No neighbors, ran a 5,500 in my 4x8 out the same window well and never had a problem with smell leaking out of the unit. For the price of the mini-splits I can buy a 2 1/2 ton air handler/ heat pump and condenser unit for under a $1,000.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No neighbors, ran a 5,500 in my 4x8 out the same window well and never had a problem with smell leaking out of the unit. For the price of the mini-splits I can buy a 2 1/2 ton air handler/ heat pump and condenser unit for under a $1,000.
Me too. I rocked one all summer... And my room reeked.....but I was running carbon filter max ...
But no smell outside window... but I will be aware!!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Dude all I can think about at work is you talking about pulling air in and black mold. Why do u think that happened? ??
Did your filters get wet????

Imo, the only thing I can think of is my wife ran the dryer, and having my winter air intake 3' from it (even built a small enclosure for my intake to block dryer air), my intake sucked in some moist damp humid air. I only clone in my home, my main grown is done in a commercial bldg in detroit.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Also, since my winter intake air had a down ducting, ice was building up right after the baffle/dryer duct port I used. It caused my r8 insulated ducting work to become moist from the ice melting. There was NO mold on the r8, ducting, baffle, ext. All the mild was 30' away on the other side of my basement.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Imo, the only thing I can think of is my wife ran the dryer, and having my winter air intake 3' from it (even built a small enclosure for my intake to block dryer air), my intake sucked in some moist damp humid air. I only clone in my home, my main grown is done in a commercial bldg in detroit.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Also, since my winter intake air had a down ducting, ice was building up right after the baffle/dryer duct port I used. It caused my r8 insulated ducting work to become moist from the ice melting. There was NO mold on the r8, ducting, baffle, ext. All the mild was 30' away on the other side of my basement.
Interesting. .. good info... thanks..

hiboy

hiboy

Strange
we had smell so dumped it
I got my 2ton mini for 1300 for my veg room
20 tons in my flower rooms on the roof
Hb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom