New room, seeking advice.

• Thread starter Cannacure420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannacure420

Cannacure420

Hi all, new member here. I've had many outdoor grows in the past but am fairly new to indoor growing. Anywho, I am trying to put together a little flower room and could use some help with ideas about the design. I have ordered 10 Cherry pie feminized seeds and 10 Skywalker OG seeds from "I heart Growing Marijuana".
I live in a humid subtropical environment. The room in question will be either a 4x8 or 5x9 Gorilla heavy duty grow tent at 7'11" tall. This tent will be placed inside of a 14x12 room inside my home with only one West facing window. The temperature and humidity inside my home ranges from 69-70 degrees F with humidity in the 50-60% range. I have already purchased 2 ChilLed Growcraft 600x6 lights, a 14,000 BTU active air portable ac, a 6"x16" 400 cfm Phresh carbon filter and insulated ducting, 8 15 gallon smart pots, 8 cubic feet of fox farms ocean forest and 8 cubic feet of foxfarm happy frog, ph up and down, bluelab ph and tdc meters, the full growth science conventional nutrient line in one gallon quantities, scrog trellises, 2 clip on stationary fans, 2 clip on oscillating fans, rope ratchets, straps, clamps etc.
The current plan is to run 8 plants scrog in 15 gallon smart pots. I am unsure of what to do about environmental controls and equipment. I have around $1000 US left to spend after the purchase of the tent. The lights are 42"x42". Should I stick with a 4x8 to maximize my light distribution and try to run the environmental equipment under the canopy, or buy a 5x9 and use the last foot to house the dehumidifier, humidifier and air conditioner (if needed)? What should I do about humidity control? I am CLUELESS about humidifier/dehumidifier sizing and selection. Is there enough in my budget for a co2 capable environmental controller? Passive or active intake system? Should I buy an ac infinity cloudline t6 fan with the built in temp and humidity contoller or just a regular inline duct fan and an all in one environmental controller? If so, which controller? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. It's a budget garden to produce medicine for myself. Quality flower is my greatest concern more so than yield. Thanks a million.
"only when the power of love overcomes the love of power can there be peace"

AuntieKush

AuntieKush

Check out my garden - I use inkbirds and a pulse grow monitor and I feel like it really gives me a good set of tools for keeping things in check. I think you'll definitely want more fans for moving air around, a humidifier when you're starting out, you might even want a small space heater at first when your plants are small. I'd get it set up, and add things as you need them.

I would probably get the bigger tent. The environment will be a bit more stable (more air), and you'll have more room to work with. I feel so cramped in the 4x4 that I'm thinking of getting rid of some plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those pots are waaaaaaay to big. Get an inkbird humidity controller and control the room environment not the tent. You will likely do best with a 70pint dehumidifier for that size grow. Invest in a good fan and filter and then a cool mist ultrasonic humidifier.

I run CO2 and I can say forget that for now. It creates a whole host of other things to address.

Latest posts

Top Bottom