New Set Up / Grow Closet Help

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

HEY guys I want to start this thread on my grow rooom because I tryed growing 4 plants and they all grew starting out doors and then I brought them inside because I got my new hps and the hps dryed them out I think. But anyways im going to give it onemore shot. And see if anyone in this community has any suggestions or can help me at all.

SET UP
LIGHT: 600 WATT PALNT MAX HPS
W/ ballast and aluminum reflector

2 fans 1 on light 1 on plants

CO2 GENERATOR (homemade)

3 gallon bucket of water for humidity ( usually stays from 30-40 I need help getting it higher)

Also I heard I need a extration fan but I dont know what kind to buy
DEMENTIONS OF CLOSET
30 wide 79 high 39 deep

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

New set up  grow closet help
HGW562

HGW562

You need a 6" extractor for a 600w. I would go with a 400w for that small a space and relieve some of the heat issues. 30-40 rh is ok for flower. Get your space nice and tidy, get that ballast off the ground and out of the closet. The heat of the open 600w is gonna fry your plants in that space without an air cooled hood. The big fan you have on the light is not efficient and will only be moving hot air from the top of the closet to the bottom. Fresh air is your friend in this situation. What is your ambient temp outside the closet when the lights are on?

Last edited:
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

You need a 6" extractor for a 600w. I would go with a 400w for that small a space and relieve some of the heat issues. 30-40 rh is ok for flower. Get your space nice and tidy, get that ballast off the ground and out of the closet. The heat of the open 600w is gonna fry your plants in that space without an air cooled hood. The big fan you have on the light is not efficient and will only be moving hot air from the top of the closet to the bottom. Fresh air is your friend in this situation. What is your ambient temp outside the closet when the lights are on?
When the lights are on its around 80f when its off its around 60 f

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Another auesrion do you think I should buy a grow tent or stick with the closet guys?

HGW562

HGW562

Sounds like your temps inside the closet are 80 with lights on and 60 with lights off and a RH of 30-40. What is the problem. Just get everything set up correctly and get to growin. Best of luck.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Sounds like your temps inside the closet are 80 with lights on and 60 with lights off and a RH of 30-40. What is the problem. Just get everything set up correctly and get to growin. Best of luck.
I already tryed and the plants turned yellow after awhile and the leaves were really dry

HGW562

HGW562

Sounds like a problem in your medium. Perhaps not enough N to get them through. Without pics it's hard to say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom