New setup

• Thread starter NotaRasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Hey farmers! Just getting back into growing after alittle hiatus. Went from a 10x10 room down to 5x5 tent. So heres the new setup
5x5 tent
Lighting I have 6 qb288 v2 driving them just over 100watts/board mixture of 3000k and 3500k
Jack 321
hempy bucket

I still have to pick up a few things before i start. Gotta get air scrubber and inline fan, some circulation fans, a few other things
Almost have the frame done just waiting on some angle aluminum to show up. Heres alittle mock up of light.

New setup
New setup 2
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Lights all wired up and works! These qbs put out alot of light. I was really surprised. Anyway I germinated 10 seeds from In House Genetics some Platinum Cookies all 10 sprouted. Ill post some pics on the next update.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Little update and some pics went from 10 seedlings down to 5. Picked the best looking/growing. Put them into solo cups for now
20191229 144337

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Transplanted the girls into 5gal buckets 5 days ago and things have gone down hill from there lol. I was on a 18/6 light schedule but I think it was getting to cold with lights off plus I was overwatering. Switched back to 24hr lights on. Also havent watered them for almost 2 days now and theyre starting to bounce back. Another thing I decided to change was using my well water. Hooked up an ro filter because it was taking alot of ph down to get my ph in the right range. Plus my well water ppm was like 340 out of the faucet. Any way 100% perlite is kicking my ass right now but im not one to quit. I'll post some pics once things are back on the right track.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Transplanted the girls into 5gal buckets 5 days ago and things have gone down hill from there lol. I was on a 18/6 light schedule but I think it was getting to cold with lights off plus I was overwatering. Switched back to 24hr lights on. Also havent watered them for almost 2 days now and theyre starting to bounce back. Another thing I decided to change was using my well water. Hooked up an ro filter because it was taking alot of ph down to get my ph in the right range. Plus my well water ppm was like 340 out of the faucet. Any way 100% perlite is kicking my ass right now but im not one to quit. I'll post some pics once things are back on the right track.
Yeah 100% perlite might have been overkill....

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Time will tell. I see alot people doing it with their hempy buckets so I thought Id give it a try.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Time will tell. I see alot people doing it with their hempy buckets so I thought Id give it a try.

your essentially taking about a soiless grow. As long as you stick to the principles you’ll do fine. I go heavy on it myself, mixing it initially. I fill mysoil mix up 3-4 then top with DE (light yet complete dusting) then fill last 20% with straight perlite. I have had good luck with this and it helps prevent fungus gnats - which is hard running organic.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

The issue I see with the rapid rooter is that staying wet while the rest drying out too quickly. Maybe it won’t be an issue for you.... but when they grow if your in straigh perlite your going to have to water all the time I would think.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

The issue I see with the rapid rooter is that staying wet while the rest drying out too quickly. Maybe it won’t be an issue for you.... but when they grow if your in straigh perlite your going to have to water all the time I would think.
Once the roots reach the bottom of the hempy bucket I should be alright. I will have an auto feed setup on a timer for when they need to fed multiple times a day.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Welp the perlite kicked my ass! Transplanted into 70/30 coco perlite mix. I'll give them a few days to recover alittle and see if I can get this grow turned around.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Heres a few pics of my pathetic plants after I pulled them out of the perlite and put them into the coco. These pics are from Jan.12th. They look way better now and are growing again. I snap some pics when I get home.

20200112 172803
20200112 172749
20200112 172746
20200112 172742
20200112 172735
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Built the screen today. I dont really like how I made the legs on it but it'll work for now.

20200120 141307
20200120 141259
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Not much to update today. Plants looking good. I did break one of the branches when tying things down. I tried to tape it but it didnt help.

20200126 000427
Top Bottom