New tent. New problems. Help!

• Thread starter VBSwift
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VBSwift

VBSwift

Just got the spider farmer 2x2 today and moved the girls in (girl really, holding out for the runt, but I don’t think she’ll make it). Off the bat, it’s hot in there. At 81 after 10 minutes of being zipped up. Any recommendations on temp control?

I know my cable management is a mess right now. It will be cleaned up later today. Exhaust will be shared with the dryer exhaust to go out the house.

New tent new problems help
New tent new problems help 2
New tent new problems help 3
New tent new problems help 4
New tent new problems help 5
VBSwift

VBSwift

Do you have an exhaust fan?
Yes I do. It’s the DF-100m. Question on that. Why should I use the carbon filter on the exhaust if all I’m using it for IS exhaust. I don’t care what’s coming out

Ponky

Ponky

Yes I do. It’s the DF-100m. Question on that. Why should I use the carbon filter on the exhaust if all I’m using it for IS exhaust. I don’t care what’s coming out
Weed stinks. For quite a distance.You could just use a duct fan. If you want cooler temps you might have to move more air. But often times you have to open those velcro flaps at the bottom there to let the air flow in. Close them up when the lights are off. Helps a lot

growsince79

growsince79

It will cool a lot better without the filter. If you don't care about smell.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you can leave the doors open, only thing is just make sure when lights out there’s no light on in that area.
my tent is never closed.

Eyerealeyezd

Eyerealeyezd

Where is your air intake at....? I read you said you have the exhaust but in looking at pics i dont see an ass or intake line pulling fresh air from outside the tent...

VBSwift

VBSwift

It will cool a lot better without the filter. If you don't care about aweso
It will cool a lot better without the filter. If you don't care about smell.
Where is your air intake at....? I read you said you have the exhaust but in looking at pics i dont see an ass or intake line pulling fresh air from outside the tent...
That’s a really good question. I don’t have one. I was wondering the same thing when I set it up and didn’t notice where it would go

VBSwift

VBSwift

The tent has opened bottoms vents that allow cool air to be brought in the outside the tent

VBSwift

VBSwift

Ballast will always make it a bit hotter in a tent. 81 isn’t even that bad honestly. Air movement is key.
Wanted to make sure. I’m waiting for a couple oscillating fans to be delivered now. Going to set one at the bottom and one at the level of the light to take air away from the driver for the light array

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Wanted to make sure. I’m waiting for a couple oscillating fans to be delivered now. Going to set one at the bottom and one at the level of the light to take air away from the driver for the light array
Sounds like a great idea. When I ran a 4x4 I had 3 fans, and an intake/exhaust. Looking good .

Latest posts

Top Bottom