New Tent Setup and First Grow

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

As some of you know I've ordered everything for a new 2x4 tent setup to compliment my old 3x3 setup. So as everything starts coming in I will document that here, the setup and the first grow in the new setup. And to kick this setup off. It seems fitting that it's first grow should be a loud, wild and nasty Sativa grow. So Alaskan Thunder Fuck is going to be up first. And it's my understanding these lady's don't like wearing undies. It just sounds so right!

First item in is power strips and extension cords. I know,,, very boring but so important.
New tent setup and first grow

This is the most important purchase I've ever made in my growing career. Why I didn't buy one years ago when they came out,,,, I don't know.
Meter1

Meter2

These came in a few weeks ago. I've been using the same nutrients and system for many years. Simple, clean and to the point. But with this new setup I'm breaking from old habits and giving this Nectar of The Gods Sample Pack ago.
New tent setup and first grow 4

I will be updating this thread as items come in, the setup goes together and we kick off the wild lady Sativa Grow!

Blastfact

Blastfact

The circ fans and carbon filter came in today. Just waiting on the tent and lights now.

Fan filter

Blastfact

Blastfact

The 350R, UVA-30 XL and scrog netting came in today. All that's needed is the tent so I can get some more grow on. Slapped the grow stool together today. Got my water, nutrient/care station set back up fully. Cleaned everything up. Moved a bunch of stuff out to the shed and got my Little Lee Reloading Bench moved to make room for the new tent. All the new gear is setting where the tent will be.

350R UVA 30 XL

Tent supplys

Blastfact

Blastfact

First setup action and a mod has been done to the 350R this morning. Killing two birds with one stone ROCKS!!! I-Bolts have went in to hang a 100 V2 off of the 350R during seedlings and early veg. When ready to fire up the 350R unclip the 100 V2 cover with a hand towel and raise it up into the top of the tent on its own yoyo. There it can be stored out of the way and protected until needed again. Will do this to the dual 260 Rspec in the 3x3 tent.

Light mod1

Light mod2

Blastfact

Blastfact

Got the job spiked and on it's way. Tents up, exhaust system in and the 350R is hung up. Still need to get the UVA-30 XL installed, 3 ea. circ fans, the Inkbird installed and setup. And yeah know there will be other stuff. Running the light wide open now and getting some heat built up in the tent to relax some of the fold lines.

Tent up

Light hung

Light mug

Blastfact

Blastfact

It’s pretty much done. Need to do some cable management and setup the controls. Just ran out of steam for the day. Had to resort to using zip ties to hang the 350R. The hanging cables were all different lengths. So I could not get it leveled up and squared out until I addressed the situation. I ended up using straps for the UVA-30 XL. Those slip loop cables they send with the light are near useless to me. My plan to hang a HLG 100 V2 from the 350R for seedings and early veg worked out great! And storing the light in the tent when not in use is going to be fantastic! It takes about a minute to go from seedling/early veg to main light veg/flower bringing the UVA on the job. So happy with it I just put two Alaskan Thunder Fuck seeds in a bottle and floating them on the seedling mat at 80F.

Germination/seedling/early veg setup.
Seedling setup

100 V2 stored safely away and ready when needed. Setup for flower with UVA-30 XL on.
Veg flower

Controls and the freaking cables.
Controls

Blastfact

Blastfact

I got the popped seeds out about noon today and sure enough the tails were a tad longer to my liking and the left seed was showing a double tail. So that should be interesting. Got them put in there solo cups with some mycorrhizae and identified, know which is which for future reference. Have the solo cups on a heat pad waiting for the helmet head sprouts to appear. The new 2x4 tent setup is complete now. All the control setup is done, a bit of cable management done. Even a few pool noddle’s are installed to help with light control because I keep the vents in the back of my tents open. So I put a few pool noddle’s in to help keep that dark between the tent and walls and still keep good airflow for the exhaust fan. It’s been a fun two weeks or so doing a bit of research and looking at different options. So with seeds popped and in solo cups the grow will have started once I get a couple of helmet head sprouts. OOOO I almost forgot, I need to get some new gnomes for the new tent!
:slight_smile:

Popped seeds.

Popped seeds
Popped seeds1920×2223 372 KB

Seeds in solo cups on heat mat.

planted seeds
planted seeds1920×2696 961 KB

planted seeds1
planted seeds11920×2437 576 KB

New setup is ready to grow! I also did a couple of small upgrades to the 3x3 setup, washed walls down, put a new skirt the wife made on my Little Lee Reloading Bench and changed a few things around in my office and brought things up a notch. Have a piece of art I still need to put in a frame and hang. But over all it’s been a lot of fun! On with it’s first grow! Come on Alaskan Thunder Fuck Helmet Heads!!!

new setup
new setup1920×2448 354 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

First seed pops and sprouts failed. Seeds died in the dirt. Seems to be a recurring theme the last three years.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Now have ATF seedlings in the tent. Day 1 of week 1 and there off and running. Wimpy seeds and wimpy seedlings so lets see how they do! The grow room / office is done. Upgrades done on the 3x3. New 2x4 is done. Room cleaned up, new wall hangings, new skirt for the loading bench and other things taken care of.

New seedlings, bless there roots.
Day1 seedlings

New tent and upgrades.
Room1

Room2

Blastfact

Blastfact

Lookat those tiny lil seedlings....god have mercy!

lol

Good luck Bro!
The seeds looked like little seed ticks. ATF should be about as close to a old school sativa so I'm sure those little shits are going to be full of surprises as the grow matures.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

As some of you know I've ordered everything for a new 2x4 tent setup to compliment my old 3x3 setup. So as everything starts coming in I will document that here, the setup and the first grow in the new setup. And to kick this setup off. It seems fitting that it's first grow should be a loud, wild and nasty Sativa grow. So Alaskan Thunder Fuck is going to be up first. And it's my understanding these lady's don't like wearing undies. It just sounds so right!

First item in is power strips and extension cords. I know,,, very boring but so important.
View attachment 1232027

This is the most important purchase I've ever made in my growing career. Why I didn't buy one years ago when they came out,,,, I don't know.
View attachment 1232028
View attachment 1232029

These came in a few weeks ago. I've been using the same nutrients and system for many years. Simple, clean and to the point. But with this new setup I'm breaking from old habits and giving this Nectar of The Gods Sample Pack ago.
View attachment 1232030

I will be updating this thread as items come in, the setup goes together and we kick off the wild lady Sativa Grow!
Nice and will be following the grow sounds like it’s going be a good grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom