New Tent Setup and First Grow

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

Little ATF's are 7 days old today. There at 240 PPFD under a HLG 100 V2 heading to veg. One is normal and the other is a damn runt. Should cull the runt. But I will let it grow.

1 week old

Blastfact

Blastfact

Seedlings are two weeks old today and doing absolutely fantastic! So much so they got transplanted into the permeant #7 pots early this morning and watered in with 2 oz. each of plain ph'd water. I normally transplant at 3 weeks. They will start on the feeding program using Nectar of the gods sampler pack in a few days. So far no droop or stress at all from the transplant. Like nothing happened. I will leave them under the HLG 100 V2 for another week then switch them over to the 350R. One thing I did different on this grow was I left the light on 24/7 for the first two weeks. These are photos, but I wanted to push them hard out of the gate. The left plant was found this morning to be complaining just a tad with the edge of it's leaves curling up a tad. It had had enough. LMFAO!!!! So they are now on a 18/6 cycle. :) I want these two plants to get real big so I'm going to veg them for awhile and see if this Alaskan Thunder Fuck lives up to the hype! The taller plant is at 375 ppfd while the runt,,, Seems like there is always a damn runt with all this fufu weed now days,,, is at 350 ppfd. May even buy another 350R. If two HLG 260 Rspecs are good in the 3x3 tent I bet two 350R's would be better in a 2x4!

14 days

Transplant

Ppfd

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You won’t be disappointed, I got the 650 and man I have no words - course you already know cuz ya got 1 all ready

Doin a half ass side by side with a kingbrite and omg no comparison . And the kingbrites grows good bud !
I have a scorpion diablo used for a flower cycle lol. Sitting in my garage im so sad i cant grow in my new place

Blastfact

Blastfact

You won’t be disappointed, I got the 650 and man I have no words - course you already know cuz ya got 1 all ready

Doin a half ass side by side with a kingbrite and omg no comparison . And the kingbrites grows good bud !
I'll put it together like this dual 260 Rspec in the 3x3 tent. I haven't grown a thing with the 350R yet. The babies are still under a 100 V2 4000K for another week.

Light2

Light1

Current lighting

Blastfact

Blastfact

Plants were three weeks old yesterday and doing great! They got there first full feeding/all six components of the Nectar Of The Gods Sampler Pack at half dose yesterday. I was hoping to have them under the dual 350R light setup yesterday. But the wife has had a medical issue come up that required some hospital time so I’ve been busy with her. She is much more important than any grow. They got there first topping yesterday and a couple of 3 pedal leaves pulled off the very bottom of the plants. They really need to be under the dual 350R’s. See if I can get that done over the next few days. This grow did not suffer because of my lack of attention like the 3x3 tent grow.
:frowning:

Plants week 3

Plant 1

Plant 2

D

Dugplug

Seedlings are two weeks old today and doing absolutely fantastic! So much so they got transplanted into the permeant #7 pots early this morning and watered in with 2 oz. each of plain ph'd water. I normally transplant at 3 weeks. They will start on the feeding program using Nectar of the gods sampler pack in a few days. So far no droop or stress at all from the transplant. Like nothing happened. I will leave them under the HLG 100 V2 for another week then switch them over to the 350R. One thing I did different on this grow was I left the light on 24/7 for the first two weeks. These are photos, but I wanted to push them hard out of the gate. The left plant was found this morning to be complaining just a tad with the edge of it's leaves curling up a tad. It had had enough. LMFAO!!!! So they are now on a 18/6 cycle. :) I want these two plants to get real big so I'm going to veg them for awhile and see if this Alaskan Thunder Fuck lives up to the hype! The taller plant is at 375 ppfd while the runt,,, Seems like there is always a damn runt with all this fufu weed now days,,, is at 350 ppfd. May even buy another 350R. If two HLG 260 Rspecs are good in the 3x3 tent I bet two 350R's would be better in a 2x4!

View attachment 1241118
View attachment 1241119
View attachment 1241120
I would fim them

Blastfact

Blastfact

I would fim them
These are suppose to be Alaskan Thunder Fuck and very sativa dominate. I will be vegging these to small tree level, no training and only basic topping in a effort to keep them symmetrical. But being a modern crap fufu plant god doesn't even know what there really going to do until you get into the grow.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Week 4 / 28 days this morning from helmet heads. Grow is doing very good. Got the 1/4" I-Bolts installed in the fixtures and got them centered up and perfectly leveled out. So the lights are set for there life’s work here at the shack. I’ve been feeding with Nectar of the Gods 6 bottle sampler pack at half strength. Went a head and bought the other two bottles for what NOTG’s call the Greek Regime. Also added there One Shot to the soil. Will stay at half strength feedings for another week on the Greek Regime then go full strength. The #7 nursery pots are holding moisture very well. Adjusted around on the lights this morning as mentioned earlier and they are at 480 PPFD 18" off the canopy @ 80F/80% RH.

Week 4 Plants

Week 4 Plants1

freezeland2

freezeland2

Week 4 / 28 days this morning from helmet heads. Grow is doing very good. Got the 1/4" I-Bolts installed in the fixtures and got them centered up and perfectly leveled out. So the lights are set for there life’s work here at the shack. I’ve been feeding with Nectar of the Gods 6 bottle sampler pack at half strength. Went a head and bought the other two bottles for what NOTG’s call the Greek Regime. Also added there One Shot to the soil. Will stay at half strength feedings for another week on the Greek Regime then go full strength. The #7 nursery pots are holding moisture very well. Adjusted around on the lights this morning as mentioned earlier and they are at 480 PPFD 18" off the canopy @ 80F/80% RH.

View attachment 1245565
View attachment 1245566
Why such high rh?

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hmmm i have a feeling you bot accounting for leaf temps in your VPD calculations or you may be using a ln online chart for reference? You should be around 65% imo around this size for tgose temps under LED
Those are the setpoints. With the exhaust fan coming on the 24hr. ave is slightly lower. And I bring it down slowly has the grow progresses. Leaf temps are always within 2 degrees of air temp. With the humidifier adding to the swing which is more because of wet bulb type reading which I'm not messing with at all anymore. RH will start dropping 5% a week or so next week and continue down into and through flower. Everything is fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those are the setpoints. With the exhaust fan coming on the 24hr. ave is slightly lower. And I bring it down slowly has the grow progresses. Leaf temps are always within 2 degrees of air temp. With the humidifier adding to the swing which is more because of wet bulb type reading which I'm not messing with at all anymore. RH will start dropping 5% a week or so next week and continue down into and through flower. Everything is fine.
Your leaf temps have a 2f differential under LED? Then that would tell me you are having transpiration issues likely from the high humidity. Under HID that would be expected but inder LED they should be around 4-5f cooler… i have seen as high as 8f and reports of 10f rarely unless you mean the chart your going off is using 2f difference and that would mean your VPD is not accurately calculated and humidity is to high also.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to add in some info you may find helpful… 75-77f leaf temps are the most beneficial for photosynthesis but it drops off extremely fast above those without co2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These guys could easily handle and benefit from a KPA of around 0.8 and even 1.0 at this point in my opinion. I bet you would see your leaf temps fall right into place at about 60-65% RH and the same temps you have now. The increased transpiration will provide more evaporative cooling. Just pay attention to nutrient concentration as increased transpiration will all result in more uptake but looks like that shouldn’t be an issue.

They look pretty good but a few small tweaks to dial it in and they would be banging on all cylinders

Blastfact

Blastfact

Your leaf temps have a 2f differential under LED? Then that would tell me you are having transpiration issues likely from the high humidity. Under HID that would be expected but inder LED they should be around 4-5f cooler… i have seen as high as 8f and reports of 10f rarely unless you mean the chart your going off is using 2f difference and that would mean your VPD is not accurately calculated and humidity is to high also.
You can't measure leaf temps accurately now days with all the China junk IR's out there. Just measured them with a now $500 Fluke and a $35 Inkbird. China junk Inkbird has them on ave. 4F above ambient and the Fluke has them 2F below ambient. I'm done with leaf temps,,, those days are over for me. And my Fluke is so old they don't want to work on it anymore or calibrate. And it's $500 to replace it. While it's still accurate when it was calibrated 2 years ago the switch and power drain is horrible. The gun safe door is always at ambient air temp. Fluke shows 72F which is correct and the crappy China junk shows 78F. There are no issues with transpiration. Everything is fine. The plants foliage feed fantastic,,,, nothing is going to change in my grows concerning this topic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom