New Tent Setup and First Grow

• Thread starter Blastfact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have yet to find a humidifier that does not need to be manually restarted if power is interrupted. I would love to use my inkbirds to turn them on and off automatically but cannot because they won’t restart when power is restored until I push the on button. Inkbirds work great on the dehumidifier side of things.
I built my own for similar reasons.

Little tub with a floating disk that holds ultrasonic fogger disks. Float valve coming in. Set it and forget it.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The Infinity controller is just controlling the exhaust fan by temp. The Inkbird is controlling the humidifier independent of the Infinity controller. If you use the Infinity controller to control humidity the humidifier has to be on all the time and the Infinity just sucks the humidity out of the tent to control it. With the Inkbird it turns the humidifier on and off at the set point. I do set the Infinity with a high humdidity setpoint 10% above the Inkbird setpoint. So if there is a humidity spike during lights off cycle the Infinity controller will run the exhaust fan to bring that spike down. The Inkbird can be used to control a humidifier, dehumidifier, A/C, heater, circ fans and such. BUT you can only control and have hooked up any two actions at anyone time. The Inkbird adds another layer of control and flexibility.
Dang man, that was very well explained. I understand about "another layer of control". A few people have told me they just rely on the dehumidifier itself to set the rh. But with an inkbird I would guess it's more accurate. Thanks for the explanation.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

As some of you know I've ordered everything for a new 2x4 tent setup to compliment my old 3x3 setup. So as everything starts coming in I will document that here, the setup and the first grow in the new setup. And to kick this setup off. It seems fitting that it's first grow should be a loud, wild and nasty Sativa grow. So Alaskan Thunder Fuck is going to be up first. And it's my understanding these lady's don't like wearing undies. It just sounds so right!

First item in is power strips and extension cords. I know,,, very boring but so important.
View attachment 1232027

This is the most important purchase I've ever made in my growing career. Why I didn't buy one years ago when they came out,,,, I don't know.
View attachment 1232028
View attachment 1232029

These came in a few weeks ago. I've been using the same nutrients and system for many years. Simple, clean and to the point. But with this new setup I'm breaking from old habits and giving this Nectar of The Gods Sample Pack ago.
View attachment 1232030

I will be updating this thread as items come in, the setup goes together and we kick off the wild lady Sativa Grow!
Do most dehumidifiers work with an inkbird?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do most dehumidifiers work with an inkbird?
No, most have their own controllers built in. Inkbird can only cut power going in.

What you really need is an analog dehuy if you want to use an external controller. Those are really hard to find these days.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

No, most have their own controllers built in. Inkbird can only cut power going in.

What you really need is an analog dehuy if you want to use an external controller. Those are really hard to find these days.
I'm really just planning on using the dehumidifier to control it. I figure it'll work okay

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have a 70 pint Hisense I got at Lowes that plays with the Inkbird.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Sorry,,, I've been lagging on this thread and grow. Lost a person that was a fellow grower, biker, adopted dad, business partner, mentor and one of my very best friends. Got to put him to rest this evening. So it's kind of been a shit storm around here the last couple of weeks.

I use a simple 1 gallon Honeywell and Walgreens branded 1.3 gallon humidifiers. Simple on off to the point units that have to be refilled every one to three days depending on where your at in the grow.

AC Ink hum

Poping seeds

Blastfact

Blastfact

So here is the update. Didn’t get the grow flipped to flower until June 15th.

IMG_7764
IMG_77641920×1440 668 KB

IMG_7754
IMG_77541920×2560 1.06 MB

IMG_7756
IMG_77561920×2560 1.06 MB

Here is todays pics eight days after flip. The grow has recovered from the UVA burn. Still on Nectar of the Gods Roman Regime Light as I like to call it with. Feed once then water only. Keep the ph moving between 6.3 to 6.6. Temps running 78f and humidity is set to 60%. PPFD right now is 550 at he taller tops and 500 at the lower across the canopy. Will bring the UVA back into play in a week or so. This grow I’m going to run it for six hours a day in the middle of the light cycle. With Alaskan Thunder Fuck being a very sativa dominant plant there already acting like wild girls that don’t want to wear undies. Was smoking a bowl this morning checking them out and they were twisting leaf tips. I went ahead and got the pos china crap Inkbird IRT out and shot temps on leaves and they were anywhere between ambient to two degrees below ambient temp of 78f. There on light cycle is from 9pm to 9am and it was around 8am when I checked them. So they might have just about had enough for the day at the 11th hour. I miss my Fluke IRT something awful. May have to break down and buy another Fluke. Anyway the grow is rocking along. I can raise the scrog if stretch gets out of hand and have plenty of tent height if they want to get super leggy.

plants 1
plants 11920×1440 675 KB

plant 2
plant 21920×2560 1010 KB

plant 3
plant 31920×2560 957 KB

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Sorry,,, I've been lagging on this thread and grow. Lost a person that was a fellow grower, biker, adopted dad, business partner, mentor and one of my very best friends. Got to put him to rest this evening. So it's kind of been a shit storm around here the last couple of weeks.

I use a simple 1 gallon Honeywell and Walgreens branded 1.3 gallon humidifiers. Simple on off to the point units that have to be refilled every one to three days depending on where your at in the grow.

View attachment 1255948
View attachment 1255950
Thanks for the update, I'm going to pickup one of those, which one do you like the best Honeywell or Walgreens?

Sorry to hear about your co-conspirator. A close friend of mine passed away suddenly in a tragic accident... I just talked to him 12-14 hours before ...it's shocking

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

First seed pops and sprouts failed. Seeds died in the dirt. Seems to be a recurring theme the last three years.

Very nice setup.

The paper towel sprouting method has a very good reputation but when I looked it up i read about chemicals in the paper affecting the seeds. There is also the possibility to fuck things up when one moves the seed tail to soil.

I sprout directly in soil or swamps that is in a aerocloner hydrobox.

Havent read everything so maybe you switched your method now, just wanted to peep in.

Your first setup looks very golden

Blastfact

Blastfact

Thanks for the update, I'm going to pickup one of those, which one do you like the best Honeywell or Walgreens?

Sorry to hear about your co-conspirator. A close friend of mine passed away suddenly in a tragic accident... I just talked to him 12-14 hours before ...it's shocking
I prefer the Walgreens unit. I've had that one for 5 years or so. The Honeywell has a better foot print.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Very nice setup.

The paper towel sprouting method has a very good reputation but when I looked it up i read about chemicals in the paper affecting the seeds. There is also the possibility to fuck things up when one moves the seed tail to soil.

I sprout directly in soil or swamps that is in a aerocloner hydrobox.

Havent read everything so maybe you switched your method now, just wanted to peep in.

Your first setup looks very golden
It's just a new tent setup and first grow in it. I could see the paper towels having a chemical issue now days with all the BS crap manufactures are up to. I'm going to soak some seeds starting tonight. That will be a coco so I might just go ahead and get them straight into the coco. I've had all sorts of issues popping seeds the last 5 years or so no matter the method. Never in my life has it been this bad.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hello all! It’s been another week from hell in shit hole Oklahoma. Have had major water issues and nobody wants to do there job from the city to contractors concerning water in my home. And then a land deal that has been worked on for over a year damn stupid okie lawyers screwed it up. I just don’t understand why my wife is hell bent and bound to stay in such a damn shit hole of a state. I had to let a auto grow I just started go because of the water issues. But I’ve been hauling water to keep this grow going along with the house in general. I just can’t let this grow go. We have buds and it’s moving right along. Just finished the second week of flower and bud sites are set. PPFD is at 700 on the taller bud sites 550 or so in the lower canopy and no UVA. Haven’t even fired UVA up yet. With everything else going down the tubes I don’t need anything else to fiddle with right now. Feeding Nectar of the Gods and plain water twice a week right now. I should be more on top of this grow and really digging in. I just don’t have the time right now with all the BS going on. Maybe I can get back into the grow better if the idiot Okies can get something done with my water today, but doubtful.

W2flower

W2flower1

W2flower2

W2flower3

W2flower4

Blastfact

Blastfact

Had a emergency trip the wife and I had to make. Would be nice if I could get through a grow without a disaster now days. This up date the grow is into it’s 4th week of flower. The day we left for the trip I hit them pretty hard with a Nectar of the Gods feeding and our house setter was suppose to water them a quart of day of plain pre-ph’ed water. Well they didn’t get watered at all. So I put a nutrient burn on them and then no water for 7 days killed a lot of fan leaves. They went into a full in your face death wilt 2 or 3 more days there would have been no saving it. And I did back the lights down a click on the dimmers before I left. So that helped also. I’m still cleaning up the damage.

plants1
plants11920×1440 695 KB

plants2
plants21920×1440 747 KB

Plants3
Plants31920×1440 743 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

Update on the grow and it’s not good. Other than the dates on the pics I really haven’t a clue where the grow is. Wife has been back in the hospital so I’m running the 80 miles round trip from there and back staying with her and trying to keep the house running. The grows have fell to the side. I pop in check them feed or water when needed. Or as the case maybe early or late. The grow has suffered horribly and it has issues now I haven’t the time to mess with. Just another nail in the coffin for nutrient systems that have to be mixed up and screwed around with. From now on it will only be something like Gaia Green, Earth Dust or something like that. The new Auto grow in Gaia Green is doing ok even with my lack of attention. I think the grow is starting week 7 of flower. Things are just so screwed up here right now I haven’t a real clue. Posting from my cell phone sucks!!!

Plants1

Plants2

Plants3

Blastfact

Blastfact

Week 8 of flower is in the book. The grow has suffered so bad. I’m very suprised it’s still in the game. They have went through three bad drought scenarios. A week or better in veg of no water or feedings, wife in hospital. And then they suffered through a week or better of no water or feeding in flower because we had to take a emergency trip. And most recently another week in flower or better with the wife back in the hospital. Each one of these drought weeks was so bad they lollie popped themselves. They shed leaves like a cat does hair on a 100f day. And most of whats left of the leaves will not recover. So now the debate within myself is do I go through and defoliate. I’ve got to take the wife to the doctor today so I will make my mind up on defoliation later today. There are still some viable small leaves lower in the canopy. And some of the new growth sugar leaves are ok. But 3/4’s of everything inbetween is ruined. There still a few weeks from finishing. So I will keep on with the watering and feeding of Humbolts Secret + 2.

Plants1

Plants2

Bud1

Bud2

Bud3

Bud5

Bud6

Bud7

Bud8

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sorry to hear about your road bumps and hopefully everything with the wifey ends up ok 🤙

Blastfact

Blastfact

Ten weeks of flower and there still in the game. But man-o-man have the issues taken there toll. The two draught issues in flower have been the worse. Been really fighting to keep the buds in the game. And it looks like they made it. The leaves have really suffered so that lead to stunting the flowers in a otherwise good grow. Did get some sugar on and in the buds. Since there still fighting to put out some white pistils I will let them go at least another week if not two and see if they put on anymore weight and make some amber trichomes in the bud. Have cloudy trichomes in and on the bud and normally I would harvest in a few days. Backed the lights down a notch and raised them a few clicks. Will give them another feeding tonight and see how they look this weekend. Took todays pics right after the lights went out so it’s room light and Iphone flash.

plants1
plants11920×2560 1.02 MB

plants2
plants21920×2560 975 KB

plants3
plants31920×1440 655 KB

bud1
bud11920×2560 590 KB

bud2
bud21920×2560 727 KB

bud3
bud31920×2560 681 KB

bud4
bud41920×2560 882 KB

bud5
bud51920×1440 376 KB

bud6
bud61920×1440 470 KB

Blastfact

Blastfact

Chopping today! Checked them last night and wham they were going amber and fox tailing was taking off in earnest. So it coming down today…

Top Bottom