New to Coco Coir and prob with one sativa plant.

• Thread starter Bob.Greener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bob.Greener

Bob.Greener

I have been fertigating it 2-3 times daily. washed coco and buffered it. I'm having problems with a particular plant. an R.K.S. By DNA I also have been putting 5ml calmagic in the gallon. today I used tap water with an ppm of 190. and no calmagic. after I find out what that does (there may be more ca/mg in the water. I understand EC and PPM 500 vs 700 scale) and its crappy it took so long to find out fox uses the 700 scale. I noticed they are putting it on the new products they offer. it has to be the 700 scale or it would kill everything. I'm using the combo of micro and bloom now. I also have been spraying water with a tsp of cal mag/gal foliar applied. one of my questions was if that can be done all through veg like routine. thanks. they were also just transplanted from keg cups into about 4 gallon containers. lots of roots lots. they seem to be wilted after lights come on so I have been just using the veg light until the roots expand if thats an issue? they (5) all had amazing roots. as do my seedlings. one week and they were out the bottom. they dont seem to like the brighter bloom lights with the veg. lights 600w leds in 4x4. they do better on the veg setting.

the one that I'm having trouble with is almost all sativa. its the middle of the 5 in the pic and all the pics with leaf problems. its got what looks like cal/mag problems.
2/3 coco 1/3 perlite. the water just flows through it. it doesn't seem like it has time to do anything. do I need a different kinda waterer like with fine holes. I'm putting 1/2 gallon thru each one.
lights are 28 inches above
stays 77 most of the time may go to 83 every now and then
has a small humidifier and stays around 40 percent.
I have been been feeding 1400 EC. to all 3 times a day. seems like a lot of time. thats diluted from the 1:2 formula. either with the tap water or 5ml calmag per ro gallon added.
I have not checked the run off yet. tomorrow. they have only been in the white pots 2 days.
So is it ok to spray or mist them with the calmag on a routine?
the RKS also looks a little lime than the others. the others had minor issues but they seem to be over it. seems like the bloom lights with the veg lights on together make it worse. some of the leaves look worse today. they also droop right after the are fed too. normal?

strange but the problems first started in the orig keg cups almost the same time. the coco in the cups was not buffered. I soaked the coco in the tent now in 5 gallons buckets in ph'd 5.6 calmagic water overnight. most of the info I got was on the site coco for cannabis. any ideas? are sativas more prone to things like this. I have heard of heads formula too. ? or using calmag water at the same EC? think it will get better when the roots spead out into the new container? big in back is DP front right gorilla skittles. the other 2 are accidental crosses with ww and ssh. they appear to be taking the ww route as the leaves look kinda wide. they are all not too far to start 12/12.
IMG_7612.JPG
IMG_7614.JPG
IMG_7616.jpg
IMG_7617.JPG
IMG_7618.JPG
IMG_7619.JPG
IMG_7620.JPG
IMG_7621.JPG

New to coco coir and prob with one sativa plant 3
Bob.Greener

Bob.Greener

I have been fertigating it 2-3 times daily. washed coco and buffered it. I'm having problems with a particular plant. an R.K.S. By DNA I also have been putting 5ml calmagic in the gallon. today I used tap water with an ppm of 190. and no calmagic. after I find out what that does (there may be more ca/mg in the water. I understand EC and PPM 500 vs 700 scale) and its crappy it took so long to find out fox uses the 700 scale. I noticed they are putting it on the new products they offer. it has to be the 700 scale or it would kill everything. I'm using the combo of micro and bloom now. I also have been spraying water with a tsp of cal mag/gal foliar applied. one of my questions was if that can be done all through veg like routine. thanks. they were also just transplanted from keg cups into about 4 gallon containers. lots of roots lots. they seem to be wilted after lights come on so I have been just using the veg light until the roots expand if thats an issue? they (5) all had amazing roots. as do my seedlings. one week and they were out the bottom. they dont seem to like the brighter bloom lights with the veg. lights 600w leds in 4x4. they do better on the veg setting.

the one that I'm having trouble with is almost all sativa. its the middle of the 5 in the pic and all the pics with leaf problems. its got what looks like cal/mag problems.
2/3 coco 1/3 perlite. the water just flows through it. it doesn't seem like it has time to do anything. do I need a different kinda waterer like with fine holes. I'm putting 1/2 gallon thru each one.
lights are 28 inches above
stays 77 most of the time may go to 83 every now and then
has a small humidifier and stays around 40 percent.
I have been been feeding 1400 EC. to all 3 times a day. seems like a lot of time. thats diluted from the 1:2 formula. either with the tap water or 5ml calmag per ro gallon added.
I have not checked the run off yet. tomorrow. they have only been in the white pots 2 days.
So is it ok to spray or mist them with the calmag on a routine?
the RKS also looks a little lime than the others. the others had minor issues but they seem to be over it. seems like the bloom lights with the veg lights on together make it worse. some of the leaves look worse today. they also droop right after the are fed too. normal?

strange but the problems first started in the orig keg cups almost the same time. the coco in the cups was not buffered. I soaked the coco in the tent now in 5 gallons buckets in ph'd 5.6 calmagic water overnight. most of the info I got was on the site coco for cannabis. any ideas? are sativas more prone to things like this. I have heard of heads formula too. ? or using calmag water at the same EC? think it will get better when the roots spead out into the new container? big in back is DP front right gorilla skittles. the other 2 are accidental crosses with ww and ssh. they appear to be taking the ww route as the leaves look kinda wide. they are all not too far to start 12/12.
View attachment 1072508View attachment 1072509View attachment 1072511View attachment 1072512View attachment 1072513View attachment 1072514View attachment 1072515View attachment 1072516
this morning run off ph 5.9 (is that magic?) EC was really high at first but was prob due to residual in the pan. it settled out around 1700 EC. should I run some calimagic water through it? they had been on all night under the brighter lights veg/bloom. they looked not happy a little droopy. I fertigated them and misted them with the calimagic water and they were praying in 15 minutes. it doesnt seem like they are getting enough water.

Bob.Greener

Bob.Greener

how many holes do you do you have in the bottom your buckets? I put a lot like 20 or more 1/8 inch in the bottom of these. could that be it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom