New to DWC and have a sick plant HELP

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
III6hydro

III6hydro

every dwc ive done ive had the ability to flood and soak the roots for feeding then drain back..to a res .
is your run off ppm going up or down?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

every dwc ive done ive had the ability to flood and soak the roots for feeding then drain back..to a res .
is your run off ppm going up or down?
This isn’t a flood and drain system it’s DEC so the bubbles from the air stone soak the hydroton.

III6hydro

III6hydro

i see, the symptoms looked similar to some plants i had in a dwc that were not getting enough flow so the water stayed same level, ..
i think when it drains it helps the plant wick up nutes
do they perk up after water change?

III6hydro

III6hydro

do you have a light meter app? maybe try backing off light or dimming if able
check out ligjhting req at horticulture lighting group website they have got some good charts

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

i see, the symptoms looked similar to some plants i had in a dwc that were not getting enough flow so the water stayed same level, ..
I’m just confused with your question because I don’t have the water draining so I’m not sure
do you have a light meter app?
no I don’t. Do you recommend one?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

As far as perking up after water change, they looked fine until I did this water change yesterday and that is when I started noticing these new symptoms.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

do you have a light meter app? maybe try backing off light or dimming if able
check out ligjhting req at horticulture lighting group website they have got some good charts
Here are the readings using an app at the canopy of the plant.

7D540556 F652 4982 8E3E FC8FA78FEC8D
D7617939 8227 4080 A4CE 872DE2583DE4
EF270075 CF03 4233 BA3F D0E28A58C66E
III6hydro

III6hydro

Here are the readings using an app at the canopy of the plant.

Seedlings, ClonesUnder 100 PPFD
Veg, Greens150 PPFD - 400 PPFD
Extended Veg with healthy plants350 PPFD to 500 PPFD
Flowering, Fruits400 PPFD to 800 PPFD
Flowering with Supplement CO2600 PPFD to 1100 PPFD

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey everyone, Kylesidious here.

I recently got back into growing and decide to go with a single bucket DWC. Yesterday I bought clone that was in soil when I picked it up. When I got home I already had my water made up for the bucket and I went ahead and knocked off the soil from the root system and then transplanted it into a 6in net pot with hydroton and into the bucket it went.

For my water I’m using distilled water at 0 PPM and I added the following..

Res size : 3 gallons + 2 cups of water
Cal mag : 4ml/g
Cyco platinum A/B : 5.5ml/g of each
B1 Boost : 3.8ml/g
Cyco Zyme : 3.8ml/g
Dr.Repair : 3.8ml/g

After this I checked the PPM and it was only at around 300, so I added equal parts of more Cyco Grow A/B (20ml of each) and was able to get the PPM to about 700 and my PH was at 5.7.

Since transplanting I’ve seen the plant droop it’s leaves and they were curling under, that seems to have gotten better but now I’m seeing some discoloration in the leaves almost like a deficiency or burn. I’m adding pics for you to be able to look at.
I’m using a Spider Farmer SF1000 at full wattage and I don’t have any wind hitting the plant directly, just above the canopy.

Here are my current stats

humidity 38%
temp in tent 25c
ppm 799
Temp in water 20c
PH tested at 6.3 and just brought it down with PH down to 5.8
I still need help with this! :) anyone have any idea what I’m experiencing?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey everyone, Kylesidious here.

I recently got back into growing and decide to go with a single bucket DWC. Yesterday I bought clone that was in soil when I picked it up. When I got home I already had my water made up for the bucket and I went ahead and knocked off the soil from the root system and then transplanted it into a 6in net pot with hydroton and into the bucket it went.

For my water I’m using distilled water at 0 PPM and I added the following..

Res size : 3 gallons + 2 cups of water
Cal mag : 4ml/g
Cyco platinum A/B : 5.5ml/g of each
B1 Boost : 3.8ml/g
Cyco Zyme : 3.8ml/g
Dr.Repair : 3.8ml/g

After this I checked the PPM and it was only at around 300, so I added equal parts of more Cyco Grow A/B (20ml of each) and was able to get the PPM to about 700 and my PH was at 5.7.

Since transplanting I’ve seen the plant droop it’s leaves and they were curling under, that seems to have gotten better but now I’m seeing some discoloration in the leaves almost like a deficiency or burn. I’m adding pics for you to be able to look at.
I’m using a Spider Farmer SF1000 at full wattage and I don’t have any wind hitting the plant directly, just above the canopy.

Here are my current stats

humidity 38%
temp in tent 25c
ppm 799
Temp in water 20c
PH tested at 6.3 and just brought it down with PH down to 5.8
One thing I’m really concerned about is the foam in the bucket. I’ve never seen that before in there. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom