New To Forum, 4th Grow With Uc And 5500w Kind Led

• Thread starter acidreign
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RoeBuck

RoeBuck

They look like lollipops right now, and seem to have not liked it cool. Thin stems for colas. I turned the wind up so they may build better stalks. huge plants though, and I've seen some good bud pics, and no perceived deficiencies, so fingers crossed. Apparently the key to tight bud with LED and CO2 are temps above 85 all the way to week 7. Let's see how this goes.Out of a 92 sq. ft screen I should get a gram a watt easy. If not, then I need to dial it in a bit more. I imagine i'm 4-5 weeks from harvest. Today is day 29. More pics next Fri.

P.S. I'm running straight UC nutes-full line. At 650 ppm this week.

I'm still running H&G nutes. I'll be switching to the Current Culture line my next grow.

My PC run was only my 3rd so I was still in a steep learning curve. Now that I've got more experience in these systems I expect I would do better if I ran it again. With my current grow I finally feel I've got a handle on how to grow in UC and am having my best grow so far. At my current 83-84 temp and 1,200 ppm of CO2 I'm getting nice tight buds.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I Use the top off valve and use RO Water from my large res to top off. Im running 3-4 weeks between water changes. during a water change i flush with 5 ml/gal uc roots for 24 hrs, the slowly build the EC back up with the doser. The ambient temp in the room now averages 86, and the canopy temp is 82-85. The chiller has my water at 66. Outside intake with HEPA filter, exhaust with Carbon filter. CO2 is tied to cooling, so it stays off while ventilating. I see what appears to be light burn on a couple of the chunks, and a couple of yellowish leaves on the coughs. Other than that, so much health......interesting about the LEDs and heat. Glad I learned in time....

I've had some bleaching issues with these lights as well if I have the them lower than about 28". It seems to be somewhat strain dependent as well. That height is about as low as I can go anyway without loosing some side coverage. I'm basically 4 x 8' over each system and 28" gives me good coverage over the 4'.

With CO2 I don't ventilate during lights on. I exhaust right after lights out to remove the CO2 and then for 10 minutes every 3 hours during lights out.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

These look normal for entering week 5 as far as you guys can see?
Really looking to nail it this time, and could use any tweaks I can reasonably implement.

They look good to me and about where my current grow was 2 weeks ago. I'm running Female Seeds Ice and it topped out feeding about a week ago at about 550 on the 500 scale. I changed the system, dropped the ppm to about 425 and they are feeding nicely, the buds are getting fat and the hairs are starting to turn.

acidreign

acidreign

I'm still running H&G nutes. I'll be switching to the Current Culture line my next grow.

My PC run was only my 3rd so I was still in a steep learning curve. Now that I've got more experience in these systems I expect I would do better if I ran it again. With my current grow I finally feel I've got a handle on how to grow in UC and am having my best grow so far. At my current 83-84 temp and 1,200 ppm of CO2 I'm getting nice tight buds.
I was wondering if the roots accelerator would be too much in the UC. My roots are white as the snow and not big enough to clog........

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I was wondering if the roots accelerator would be too much in the UC. My roots are white as the snow and not big enough to clog........

H&G doesn't recommend using Roots Excelurator in RDWC. They recommend maintaining a sterile system and RE is an organic product. My first UC grow I tried using their full line, including RE, Algen Extract and Amino Treatment, both also organic. It was a mess. I even tried adding tea made with Great White to feed the organics. On the recommendation of the H&G techs I dumped the system and went sterile. Best thing I could have done. Since then I've not had near the issues I originally had.

acidreign

acidreign

This is great info. My hydro store guy is saying to use all that. I need sterile......

Top Bottom