New to forum and need some help with seedling leaf issues

• Thread starter porko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

porko

This is my third auto flower grow and something is wrong with the leaves on my seedlings this time, grow tent temp is 76 degrees, using black gold soil from last year, no nutes yet and seedlings are ten days up, any help would be appreciated, thanks 🙏

New to forum and need some help with seedling leaf issues
New to forum and need some help with seedling leaf issues 2
New to forum and need some help with seedling leaf issues 3
2Bad

2Bad

Watering just enough to keep soil moist with a spray bottle when it gets somewhat dry, two 100 watt led at 30 inches and pots have drainage holes
There's your issue. Incorrect watering. You're going to want to water enough for a few drops to come out of the bottom. Once you do that lift up the pot and feel how heavy it is. THEN water again once the pot feels light. You're drowning the roots my friend. They need oxygen just as much as they need water.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

looks like alot of issues, too much light, soil ph is most likely off if you are reusing but not reamending. Watering is off too. Water the whole pot then let dry back. Check ph first, with soil i like between 6-7. How many seedling are under the 2 lights. I used a 65w led for my whole 2x4 at about 48"s and it was plenty of light

2Bad

2Bad

looks like alot of issues, too much light, soil ph is most likely off if you are reusing but not reamending. Watering is off too. Water the whole pot then let dry back. Check ph first, with soil i like between 6-7. How many seedling are under the 2 lights. I used a 65w led for my whole 2x4 at about 48"s and it was plenty of light
It's unused soil

P

porko

Ok, I have always put my finger one inch down into the soil on my plants and only watered when it was dry, I thought mayhaps it was a fungal or nutrient issue, I will water less and give it a try, Thanks

2Bad

2Bad

Ok, I have always put my finger one inch down into the soil on my plants and only watered when it was dry, I thought mayhaps it was a fungal or nutrient issue, I will water less and give it a try, Thanks
Yep that's very unreliable. Try it my way and it should turn right around.

P

porko

3 seedlings, aliens on moonshine, purple sour diesel and amnesia lemon fast version and now the lemon is showing minor signs of the same symptoms, I felt I may have been a little overpowering with the light setup this time, I've never used a pH meter because our natural ground water has been good for the other grows unless the county or the excess rain runoff has done something to it but I will by a tester and flush the pots with an extremely dilute Humboldts secret solution

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

3 seedlings, aliens on moonshine, purple sour diesel and amnesia lemon fast version and now the lemon is showing minor signs of the same symptoms, I felt I may have been a little overpowering with the light setup this time, I've never used a pH meter because our natural ground water has been good for the other grows unless the county or the excess rain runoff has done something to it but I will by a tester and flush the pots with an extremely dilute Humboldts secret solution
yeah seedlings dont need much light, too much light will make a minor problem in the soil much worse,

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

This is a 65w hgl led. They put out a ton of light. I dont recommend doing this, my flower ten was taking way too long, i smashed these under a net and it is my current grow
dreamnfox-winter-grow-first-scrog-jpg.1300093

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Watering just enough to keep soil moist with a spray bottle when it gets somewhat dry, two 100 watt led at 30 inches and pots have drainage holes
Can I say/ask something about this......spray bottle watering, spraying plants, really seedlings.......is it possible that this doesn't allow the roots to get the moisture they need, especially under the tap root...? There's something in us humans that likes the wet sheen droplet jungle look of spraying. Like we're making things lush, when that's not what they need. It's the roots that need moisture. They don't like hitting dry pockets of soil. Plus, spraying increases other possible problems. Stem rot, fungus.....

Leaves need air. Roots need water. The plant will get water to the leaves by itself.

Top Bottom