New to Forum: Lil Ol’ Lady

• Thread starter Laurie22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Laurie22

Laurie22

I found this community after doing research on powdery mildew (traded a clone / didn’t inspect or quarantine).

I started growing to cover the cost of medical pot and found I had more control and it was fun/meditative.

I’m an indoor grower, getting ready to retire!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Welcome to the farm. Sorry you have mildew. Are you in veg or flower right now?

sambapati

sambapati

I found this community after doing research on powdery mildew (traded a clone / didn’t inspect or quarantine).

I started growing to cover the cost of medical pot and found I had more control and it was fun/meditative.

I’m an indoor grower, getting ready to retire!
You've got lots of company of people meditating and having fun with their plants. Some people are also already flat-tired (oops)

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

@Laurie22 one thing I have learned in 20 years of growing, is to never take clones from anyone, no matter what. I haven't had a single bug or fungus/mildew in 10 years. It sucks because clones are the best way to start, the hard part is already done. I grow from seed, and only use my own clones. Post some pictures of your plants and the infected areas, so we can give better advice

Laurie22

Laurie22

Welcome to the farm. Sorry you have mildew. Are you in veg or flower right now?
I HAD both sadly I couldn’t control the mildew. Literally just wiped out 8 plants; 3 in flower, 5 veg - plants, pots, soil.

Because of my med history, I won’t chemically treat my plants. Even natural treatments can leave the flower harsh.

So after thoroughly cleaning everything, I start germing my seeds this weekend.

Reactions: TSD
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I HAD both sadly I couldn’t control the mildew. Literally just wiped out 8 plants; 3 in flower, 5 veg - plants, pots, soil.

Because of my med history, I won’t chemically treat my plants. Even natural treatments can leave the flower harsh.

So after thoroughly cleaning everything, I start germing my seeds this weekend.

Laurie22

Laurie22

@Laurie22 one thing I have learned in 20 years of growing, is to never take clones from anyone, no matter what. I haven't had a single bug or fungus/mildew in 10 years. It sucks because clones are the best way to start, the hard part is already done. I grow from seed, and only use my own clones. Post some pictures of your plants and the infected areas, so we can give better advice
Great advice! I was on a rotation that was working great for several years. Then I accepted that d*rn clone. I’ll never do that again, Lesson Learned!!

Starting completely fresh this weekend.

Thanks for the welcome.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I wouldnt treat flowers either, but you can use sulfur dust or sulfur spray in veg and that wouldnt cause anything to be harsh as there arent any flowers.

Laurie22

Laurie22

I wouldnt treat flowers either, but you can use sulfur dust or sulfur spray in veg and that wouldnt cause anything to be harsh as there arent any flowers.
Good to know thx! Might have saved me some pain.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Welcome to the Farm Laurie!

I'll add that I like to use Azamax as my myticide/fungicide but before I do anything I have a set of clean protocols that I learned working in legal and illegal grow ops.

I like to bomb the inside of my tent before every new planting by mixing a bleach and water mixture with at least 1500ppm in the water in a hudson sprayer pumped up to full pressure. I stick the wand inside and set it to auto on and close the tent. I leave the fans running so that the bleach water mist will go through them and kill whatever pathogen or pest may be hiding. I also turn on my exhaust fan to kill off whatever pests or mildew that is hiding in the ducting or fan.

TSD

TSD

Welcome to the farm! Glad to have another lady on board... a little ol' lady is even better... got any good recepies?😊

TSD

TSD

You can start a grow diary for your new grow if you like, under the "grow diaries" forum. It's fun to track your progress (and mishaps) for future reference and so others can learn with you. 😊

Laurie22

Laurie22

You can start a grow diary for your new grow if you like, under the "grow diaries" forum. It's fun to track your progress (and mishaps) for future reference and so others can learn with you. 😊
Thx - I will plan on it! I will be restarting with Mimosa’s - Orange and EVO

Latest posts

Top Bottom