New To Grow.

• Thread starter Kscott530
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kscott530

Kscott530

Hello everyone, first time growing. Right now I'm building a 8x8x7 grow room. I'm running one 600w cooled hood carbon filter 6" 456 CFM fan with a passive intake. I have it all framed up, wired and insulated. Gonna try to finish it this weekend. I built the room big enough to have room to move around. My plan is to have to 600 watt bulbs but just doing one for my first run of autos (Critical thunder).

I have the autos germinating right now along with green crack feminized regular plants. I also have 4 unsexed g13xgreat white shark about 2 1/2 weeks old. I was impatient and excited about growing so I started them early. My plan is to veg the g13 cross and green crack while I do my first run of autos. I'm currently veging under a t5 HO, using happy frog soil roots organic nutes (I've given the g13 cross 1/4 feedings). I have town water but it comes from wells, I know weird right? But it does. The ph is always around 6.6 and ppms close to 85, so I'm giving them cal mag to supplement, my temps for vegging aren't ideal I believe, 70ish for lights on and 65is lights off. I live in a drafty old house winch I'm in the middle of remodeling I just have them in my pantry out in the open. Thinking of buying a little veg tent and moving them in the living room where's it's always 72 or higher. Well here are some pics of the g13 cross let me know how they look. Thanks checking out my thread.

New to grow
New to grow 2
New to grow 3
Last edited:
Kscott530

Kscott530

Thanks guys! Final coat goes on tommorow, hopefully I can sand and paint Thursday night. Trying to get this done by Christmas .Plus my autos need to get under the hps. Only four of my critical thunder autos germinated so I'm germating a couple more. The green crack popped outta the soil today. Contemplating getting another 600w or not, maybe after my run of autos. The G-13 cross plants seemed to have doubled in size. Here's some pics.

IMG 0452
IMG 0453
IMG 0457
IMG 0458
Kscott530

Kscott530

All painted went with both exterior grade primer and paint. Hung my light because I was to excited not to. Put the hooks in the wrong place twice, should of waited on the Girl Scout cookies till after I was done lol. The fans bigger than I thought So the fan is gonna be really tight so I may have to add two 90s for venting. One thing I didn't plan out that great, oh well I'll have to make it work.

IMG 0469
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

wait what a stoner not planning out every thing noooooo that's un heard of lol

but on the real looks good babies might need a lil less water or a longer time before you water they look soaked and they lil girls really don't need that much water yet

Kscott530

Kscott530

Lol Thanks, I thought I may or may not be watering them enough. Seems like there soaked than bone dry a minute later.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

when they that lil I use a spray bottle to water them just don't use a fine stream and spray hard or u might knock them over

Kscott530

Kscott530

I got a few hours in the room this morning, looks like I may not be finishing by Christmas. I cleaned all the stuff outta the room from building it. Looks like I'm all set with the vent, I'm holding off on venting the lights and see what kind of temps I get and if I do decide to vent the lights I'll put a Y in and vent the light separately. I'm gonna by a silencer in a few weeks I did not think the fan would be as loud as it is. Since I'm venting into my kitchen for the colder months. Here's what I got done this morning.

IMG 0470
Kscott530

Kscott530

Plants look ruff today yellowing and drooping. A family member took it upon themselves to pinch the tops off, without me knowing. Some leaves tips are pointing down. Ph is 6.6

IMG 0486
IMG 0484
IMG 0483
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Yeah I was just gonna post ...in less than an hour of the light being on at 600watts in flower you'll be over 90° easily. Room looks hella nice. I think you're Temps are good now.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Plants look ruff today yellowing and drooping. A family member took it upon themselves to pinch the tops off, without me knowing. Some leaves tips are pointing down. Ph is 6.6

Awww. They topped em for ya? Lol...

Hard to tell but.....I'm gonna say...super early ca deficiency coming..

Kscott530

Kscott530

Thanks I bought a little inline fan today and I'm going to vent the light separately. I tried to hold of watering as I thought I was giving them to much, the soil was really dry and they were drooping bad so I gave them water and calmag, I've just been doing light feedings 1 tsp per gallon. I'll give them a few days and maybe up the dose. My water's ppm is only 85.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Thanks I bought a little inline fan today and I'm going to vent the light separately. I tried to hold of watering as I thought I was giving them to much, the soil was really dry and they were drooping bad so I gave them water and calmag, I've just been doing light feedings 1 tsp per gallon. I'll give them a few days and maybe up the dose. My water's ppm is only 85.

I think you're fine. I know we tend to think the sky is falling as soon as something looks out of place.

Kscott530

Kscott530

Got the plants in the grow room, no vented lights needed, I have the exhaust running at a little over 50% and I have some negative air pressure. My pond liner is lifting up about 8 inches in the middle. My temp at 18 inches away is 79 and the room is about 65. I'm not sure if I should supplement heat or run it, it'll probably be 58 degrees for a couple hours when all the heat escapes at lights out. I'm gonna ad 600 watt MH for my regular plants. So that will raise my temps then I'll have to turn the fan up higher, and maybe have to much negative air pressure?

IMG 0492
IMG 0493
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Got the plants in the grow room, no vented lights needed, I have the exhaust running at a little over 50% and I have some negative air pressure. My pond liner is lifting up about 8 inches in the middle. My temp at 18 inches away is 79 and the room is about 65. I'm not sure if I should supplement heat or run it, it'll probably be 58 degrees for a couple hours when all the heat escapes at lights out. I'm gonna ad 600 watt MH for my regular plants. So that will raise my temps then I'll have to turn the fan up higher, and maybe have to much negative air pressure?

Lookin good. Adding another 600 will raise your temps. You'll have to adjust your exhaust as you stated. I wouldn't worry too much about the negative pressure, just try and keep it around a 2:1 - 2:1.5 outtake to intake ratio

Top Bottom