New to growing and need some advice

• Thread starter The_Dank_Wizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

I am still in my first grow but I am soon going to be growing gorilla glue autos and lemon haze og autos in a greenhouse with natural light. Would 5 gallon fabric pots or 7 gallon fabric pots be better? Also wondering how precise does humidity have to be while growing in a greenhouse?

Anthem

Anthem

I am still in my first grow but I am soon going to be growing gorilla glue autos and lemon haze og autos in a greenhouse with natural light. Would 5 gallon fabric pots or 7 gallon fabric pots be better? Also wondering how precise does humidity have to be while growing in a greenhouse?
I started out in a greenhouse and I only did 4 runs but it taught me a whole lot. The more precise you can make the greenhouse the better the end result will be. For example, take a look at using light deprivation techniques to achieve the best possible results. You will need to consider your air exchanges in a greenhouse, with the experience I had, I would shoot for at least one air exchange every minute. I have used both 5 and 7 gallon pots. I prefer the 7 gallon for outdoor. Also consider placing something under the bottom of the pots to get the plants up off the ground.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

I started out in a greenhouse and I only did 4 runs but it taught me a whole lot. The more precise you can make the greenhouse the better the end result will be. For example, take a look at using light deprivation techniques to achieve the best possible results. You will need to consider your air exchanges in a greenhouse, with the experience I had, I would shoot for at least one air exchange every minute. I have used both 5 and 7 gallon pots. I prefer the 7 gallon for outdoor. Also consider placing something under the bottom of the pots to get the plants up off the ground.
Do I need to do light deprivation for autos? Do I need fresh air or just circulating air? I am in Washington so it is a little harder to regulate the temps in a greenhouse as it gets cold at night and pretty warm during the day.

Anthem

Anthem

Do I need to do light deprivation for autos? Do I need fresh air or just circulating air? I am in Washington so it is a little harder to regulate the temps in a greenhouse as it gets cold at night and pretty warm during the day.
No light dep for autos. my Bad. You will need to exchange the air when there is sunlight. I ran a 7' x 15' greenhouse in so cal and the temps get out of control hot even on cool days. One grow was between July thru early Oct. I was running a 4" and A 6" exhaust fan on temperature controls. I could not get the temperatures down, plants went days with daylight temperatures around 100. Messed the terps up. Greenhouses are a little more tricky than you think. The whole key is to keep air moving thru the greenhouse.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

No light dep for autos. my Bad. You will need to exchange the air when there is sunlight. I ran a 7' x 15' greenhouse in so cal and the temps get out of control hot even on cool days. One grow was between July thru early Oct. I was running a 4" and A 6" exhaust fan on temperature controls. I could not get the temperatures down, plants went days with daylight temperatures around 100. Messed the terps up. Greenhouses are a little more tricky than you think. The whole key is to keep air moving thru the greenhouse.
Thanks for the info. I’m doing a small indoor grow rn but I’m looking to expand. Are there any kind of major problems you ran into with a greenhouse other than high temps?

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for the info. I’m doing a small indoor grow rn but I’m looking to expand. Are there any kind of major problems you ran into with a greenhouse other than high temps?
I bought a 7' x 15' off amazon for like $115.00. They are only good for about 1 year. There are 3 basic things that will be a challenge.
#1 Heat, I found some programable temperature sensors on Amazon for like 30 bucks that I used.
#2. Sunlight, believe it or not the plants can get too much sunlight. I ended up buying a product called Alumishade for the months with tons of sunlight. It comes in different percentages of blocking ability. I want to say I went with 25 or 30 percent
#3. Is humidity, just because you are in a green house it does not mean it will not get humid in there. I ran a dehumidifier lights out and when I would uncovered the green house in the morning and there was condensation on the interior walls of the green house.
You can grow some really nice stuff in a green house but you have to be aware of the possible issues. The list above where the problems I found.

Top Bottom