New to Growing, Are these plants ready for harvesting?

• Thread starter RattledRed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RattledRed

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and to growing in general.
This was my first time attempting at grow plants, as i haven't even grown a tomato plant before, this was a fun challenge for me.

My question is as follows. Based on the pictures do these plant look ready for harvest?
I have been reading up on it and they seem to have milky white trichomes and browning pistils.
So I should be harvesting them now right? The pictures were taken today(10 Mins ago).

I know my plants are small and sparse but this was my first attempt.
Also we had a really bad rain storm last week, so thats why there are some struts to help with the chuts.
I am planning on re-vegging them by cutting the main chut and doing 24/h sunlight.

Thank for the help in advance :).

IMG 20190911 105207
IMG 20190911 105224
IMG 20190911 105232
IMG 20190911 105242
IMG 20190911 105249

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think they have a few weeks to go. Sativa can take 12 weeks of flowering or more, and put on a lot of their heft during the final weeks of flowering. I see that you are getting some large fan leaf yellowing. This is a sign that your plants are maturing and beginning to draw energy from the fan leaves to help improve the seed set... which never comes! Things look good but I would let them go for a few more weeks if possible. I have had outdoor plants grow into November, with snow hanging off of it!

the rrock

the rrock

Yes like Jims said a few more weeks(patience),keep your eye out for mold. The mold(budrot) usually starts from the inside. With rain and morning dew you have to be diligent.GL

R

RattledRed

I think they have a few weeks to go. Sativa can take 12 weeks of flowering or more, and put on a lot of their heft during the final weeks of flowering. I see that you are getting some large fan leaf yellowing. This is a sign that your plants are maturing and beginning to draw energy from the fan leaves to help improve the seed set... which never comes! Things look good but I would let them go for a few more weeks if possible. I have had outdoor plants grow into November, with snow hanging off of it!

Okay, thank you for the information.

Also i have another question if you dont mind.

Last week we had a bad rain storm and on one of my plants my main chut snapped, Not a full break but a snap to be sure. I read online and taped it up and put in a strut to help keep it up right. This happened on one of my bigger plants. The top of the chut that broke dosnt seem to be dieing yet but i feel like this will definitely effect the top of my plant, and thats where most of my bud is so far.

I guess my question is; has this happened to you and what did you do? Is there anything else i can do to help it heal? And how badly will this effect my harvest of that plant?

Thank again in advanced.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If the top hasn't shown rapid signs of wilting, it will be OK. You shouldn't see too much of a setback as the branch is still getting nutrients and water... it would start to droop within an hour if it lost it's internal plumbing. If it is splnted and seems OK, then it will repair the injury, making i stronger than before. You *might* see a slight slowdown of the top part of the branch, but it should recover quickly.

R

RattledRed

If the top hasn't shown rapid signs of wilting, it will be OK. You shouldn't see too much of a setback as the branch is still getting nutrients and water... it would start to droop within an hour if it lost it's internal plumbing. If it is splnted and seems OK, then it will repair the injury, making i stronger than before. You *might* see a slight slowdown of the top part of the branch, but it should recover quickly.

Okay perfect, thank you for the help.

Have a good one!

Top Bottom