New to hydro

• Thread starter Johnnykoz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Johnnykoz

Also, I just changed my water, couple days early because of this. I'm at 27 gallons of water 5.7ph and 1230ppm. How do you guys feel? Mind you I have gmo cookies, week 3

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My pH goes up, usually I have to down it twice per water change. What I'm saying is my ppm should go down, that would show me the plants are eating not just drinking, correct?
No.

They are always eating if they are healthy. so if the ppm is staying the same they are eating and drinking equally and your nutrient concentration is bang on.

If the ppm is rising the nutrient solution is to strong.

If the PPM is falling your nutrient solution is to weak

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also, I just changed my water, couple days early because of this. I'm at 27 gallons of water 5.7ph and 1230ppm. How do you guys feel? Mind you I have gmo cookies, week 3
I don't think there is a right or wrong PPM and there are a lot of factors that affect nutrient uptake like lighting, VPD temps and the list goes on. PPM should be used as a guideline to start with.

J

Johnnykoz

Okay, thank you very much for your advice. I'll be keeping a solid eye on these ladies, they've done great so far I don't want to run into any problems now.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes when ec is on the rise, water level is pretty low, thru the week I would say iadd about 5-7 gallons? I test my water every morning and night.
If your open to suggestions from a ole skool hydro guy. Look on some reef tank sites or salt water shops. Get a Ph meter made by American Marine. Runs off 9 v batt has a 8 ft long probe and suction cups. Stick it in your rez and wallaaaa you have an instant read on your ph without having to do the whole probe thing. Dont forget to calibarate it once a month. Automation is the way. A bro has a heavy duty water setup and even his nutes are automated and dosed on a schedule he sets. Auto top off with fresh water is kool too.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
4 am comes early. Will stop back by after work tomorrow. Peace out.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I get great results at 900-1000 ppm with GH Trio. 1900 is really high. In general, my plants use water faster than nutes. Always check your ppm after topping off, as it will be higher when the water is drawn down.

J

Johnnykoz

I've been watching my ppm all day. I flushed my girls with fresh water, and added fresh water dropping ppm to 1050. Ppm went up after the first feeding but not by a lot. I think I've fixed it. We'll see how today goes. I'll report back

Skybound

Skybound

For comparative purposes,

Example Charts

J

Johnnykoz

Sooo I dropped my ppm to 917. It fed once and I'm back up to 940 is this nutrient lock? Should I drain more and add fresh?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Sooo I dropped my ppm to 917. It fed once and I'm back up to 940 is this nutrient lock? Should I drain more and add fresh?
That's probably just water loss due to transpiration. When a plant takes in liquid, it doesn't take H2O and nutes at the same rate. They typically use water faster than the nutes, which will cause the nute ppm to climb until the water is topped off again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok i should probably add to what i posted earlier as looking back i was not as clear as i should have been. A 20ppm change in a day is very close to perfect

You will always get some fluctuations but as long as they are small there is no issue. Its more about adjusting the feeding to get as close to optimal as you can. It takes some time to gauge how much.

If your ppm is rising each day the plants have enough nutrients and depending how much its rising too much. So each day you add back water and a weaker nutrient solution that has been PH'ed. How much depends on the change in ppm. You can get technical with calculations but i don't feel its needed. It may be just PH'ed water if the daily jump was high.

If the PPM is the same just mix up the same ppm and ph then add back.

If the ppm is lower you want to mix a stronger solution and ph then add back.

This takes some time to get used to how much and you will always see ppm change. The goal is to get as close to the same ppm as possible but this is a goal not a rule.

The longer you go on doing this the closer you will get. The purpose of this is to stay close to optimal nutrient levels not be perfect, its just gives you some information on what direction you need to go in with your nutrient levels.

I bet if you add back to the original water level with RO you will see your ppm actually went down. The amount of rising or falling a day just tells you how close to optimal levels you are at.

J

Johnnykoz

Ok i should probably add to what i posted earlier as looking back i was not as clear as i should have been. A 20ppm change in a day is very close to perfect

You will always get some fluctuations but as long as they are small there is no issue. Its more about adjusting the feeding to get as close to optimal as you can. It takes some time to gauge how much.

If your ppm is rising each day the plants have enough nutrients and depending how much its rising too much. So each day you add back water and a weaker nutrient solution that has been PH'ed. How much depends on the change in ppm. You can get technical with calculations but i don't feel its needed. It may be just PH'ed water if the daily jump was high.

If the PPM is the same just mix up the same ppm and ph then add back.

If the ppm is lower you want to mix a stronger solution and ph then add back.

This takes some time to get used to how much and you will always see ppm change. The goal is to get as close to the same ppm as possible but this is a goal not a rule.

The longer you go on doing this the closer you will get. The purpose of this is to stay close to optimal nutrient levels not be perfect, its just gives you some information on what direction you need to go in with your nutrient levels.

I bet if you add back to the original water level with RO you will see your ppm actually went down. The amount of rising or falling a day just tells you how close to optimal levels you are at.

Aquaman, you're the greatest. Thanks for your write up. I need to stop worrying and I use 2 stage RO water for my girls. They drink better water than I do lol.

J

Johnnykoz

Hello what I want to address and what I want intervention about is there's this lady out here at this apartment I don't know her name she's out there under that tent she started this s*** when I first moved here and has went and done it again her and that one lady from red eye dispensary keep going around from apartment to apartment and place I go to try to cut me off ahead of time to get people to go in there ahead of time and then they go in there and tell all people all these stories and all these rumors and make all these claims which ain't even true then have them all calling each other on the phone all this b*******

So now I go out there again outside and they're doing this just to torment me and hold me hostage inside the apartment so I can't go anywhere and do anything they've done this my whole life over and over and are only doing it to torment and be evil people they have to make up things about themselves because they themselves are such f****** slime balls that they can't make it through the day without talking s*** about someone else.
Her and that lady at savvy sativa with ring in her lip.
So I go out there to get something to eat and maybe socialize because I was invited to. And so I'm standing there and then she starts telling this kid this come up and start rubbing all over my leg while I'm eating and they've been telling stories about this event all over town since I've been here they pre-planned it staged it and told everyone to make sure the event happened while she stood there and watched this b**** is sick in the head

And then she tells them to keep doing it no matter what happens so I keep moving my leg as a polite way to tell this kid get off my f****** leg ain't even my kid he don't need to be on my f****** leg or she or whatever and then I walked off and back off if she keeps doing this it's the same broad over and over her and that blonde lady from Red Eye he drives the Jeep belonging to the lady lives upstairs from me

She's telling people she's a secret private investigator and she's not the lady is complete and total fraud and she's a liar

So anyway now this blonde lady from Savvy or from a red eye she when I first moved here went up and down the street told everyone she is a detective and she's not she forced entry into my home on Quincy then when I called the police she went and told them all that I gave her permission all this stuff thankfully I told him ahead of time she had no permission I never told her any of the kind and further these people keep playing a sick f****** head game all over town and these people keep going around starting it on purpose

Further the extortion continues because they keep doing this over and over everyone knows these accusations are false they keep staging up these investigations what they're doing is staging the environment first twisting the whole f****** story into something it's not and then go on presenting an issue the same people that followed me from apartment apartment all over town doing this over and over they've even stole my dog because they're so f****** slimy

The b**** tells these people all this s*** ahead of time always means things it don't mean s*** but she's telling him to do it manipulating everyone and trying to extort me because they think I'm and they're telling everybody they're going to keep doing it and last I make a deal with them and agree to get arrested over and over for them for s*** they do which they stage and run other people into the ground for to protect themselves because each and every one of those persons what they do is they go blame everyone else for the exact same thing they're doing to divert attention away from them on to someone else so that they can keep doing

Now the stupid b**** has red white copper car circling all the windows coming out in the parking lot driving circles around me everytime I go outside for a motherfuking years of this in the city and these people are punk ass b******

It's the same people doing this over and over they've been reported they keep going apartment apartment place to place business-to-business telling people they're FBI their investigators bottle they are none of these things never have been and are not going to be they're running a line of b******* and now they're doing it again at eden wood.

These same people make these accusations repeatedly, and they are false.

They twist these stories into something completely backwards that has absolutely nothing to f****** do with reality and then go around telling it to people and then tell everyone they're going to keep doing it unless you agree to do what they want you to do over and over and get arrested over and over for s*** they stage and for something which they can get ahead on at your expense
I must say I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to tell me.

J

Johnnykoz

Also, thanks to all your help we will be harvesting in about 3 days, we're currently flushing! Attatched are pics of the beauties

20190622 184918
20190622 152506
Top Bottom