New to hydroponic farming needs help

• Thread starter Danfarmer8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danfarmer8

Danfarmer8

Hey everyone i was wondering whats going on with my plants I thought I've put to much nutrients in the water so I purged the roots with new ph 5.8 water with no nutrients for 2 days and restarted the nutrients but with less this time and the plants are still yellowing and now browning at the tip and becoming crisp at the tips I have an air stone in there to give oxygen to the roots ( heard somewhere its not necessary) the roots still have a lot of space to move so I dont think that they're root bound and there's no root rot also ( root are healthy from what I can see ) I also don't top feed them because the roots are always in water absorbing nutrients should I start top feeding ?
New to hydroponic farming needs help
New to hydroponic farming needs help 2
New to hydroponic farming needs help 3
New to hydroponic farming needs help 4

tobh

tobh

Supporter
What's your water source? RO or tap? If tap, what's your water's starting ppm? What's your nurtient solution ppm? water temp? Setup details, DWC? Aero?

Flushing for two days with no nutes exacerbated the issue, that's for sure.

As a side note, and don't take this as me being rude, if you want solid help you need to provide clear, specific details, even if you feel some detail doesn't matter. I suggest finding one of the archived help threads (there used to be a template) and following that format. No one can help you if you don't provide enough detail.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I’ve seen that browning on seedlings before deficiency or overdose?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What's your water source? RO or tap? If tap, what's your water's starting ppm? What's your nurtient solution ppm? water temp? Setup details, DWC? Aero?

Flushing for two days with no nutes exacerbated the issue, that's for sure.

As a side note, and don't take this as me being rude, if you want solid help you need to provide clear, specific details, even if you feel some detail doesn't matter. I suggest finding one of the archived help threads (there used to be a template) and following that format. No one can help you if you don't provide enough detail.
^^^ this all day..! I couldn't help you cuz I'm not sure what you're trying to do?

I agree you should pop those into some decent soil, you could save quite a few of them, good luck!

Danfarmer8

Danfarmer8

Sorry like you said I didn't think these informations we're relevant. I am using tap water that starts at a PH of 7 and 135 ppm. I bring it down to 5.5 PH and with the nuts it shows 110 ppm (do I need a new pen ? Isn't it suppose to go up when you add nutrients?) Setup is Dwc with a air stone in the middle they were still in the tray that I started my seeds in (General Hydroponic Rapid rooter tray and inserts) I dont know about water temp i droped my thermometer 2 days ago and broke its usually around 18 to 22 Celsius, the grow room temp is 30 degrees with 50%humidity in dwc setup i only have 6 spots and the seeds that I transplanted we're "Bag seeds" as a test run so thats why they're still in that setup i wanted them to grow big enough to see which would be male and female and then put the females in the "real" setup. Also my light is 600w dual spectrum led light at 5 inches from the top of the plants light schedule is 18-6 and I'm using the advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 steps ( Grow Micro Bloom ) I just thought I could get away with growing in a tray for a month or two or until they grow enough to see which one are females
IMG 9840

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sorry like you said I didn't think these informations we're relevant. I am using tap water that starts at a PH of 7 and 135 ppm. I bring it down to 5.5 PH and with the nuts it shows 110 ppm (do I need a new pen ? Isn't it suppose to go up when you add nutrients?) Setup is Dwc with a air stone in the middle they were still in the tray that I started my seeds in (General Hydroponic Rapid rooter tray and inserts) I dont know about water temp i droped my thermometer 2 days ago and broke its usually around 18 to 22 Celsius, the grow room temp is 30 degrees with 50%humidity in dwc setup i only have 6 spots and the seeds that I transplanted we're "Bag seeds" as a test run so thats why they're still in that setup i wanted them to grow big enough to see which would be male and female and then put the females in the "real" setup. Also my light is 600w dual spectrum led light at 5 inches from the top of the plants light schedule is 18-6 and I'm using the advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 steps ( Grow Micro Bloom ) I just thought I could get away with growing in a tray for a month or two or until they grow enough to see which one are females

i think your PPM meter is broken, first off. Second, don't pH until you've added nutes. That won't impact your incorrect PPM reading, but it will impact your final pH.

Just so I'm clear, I'm going to put your details into a template so it's easier to consume.

Media: Rapid Rooters, DWC
Volume of solution in reservoir: Unknown
Water: Tap, 135 ppm
Nutrients: AN pH perfect 3 part (unknown how much of each part added to base volume)
PPM/EC: 110 ppm
pH: 5.5
Reservoir temp: Unknown
Lights: 600w Dual Spectrum LED, 5" from canopy
Room temp: 30C
RH: 50%
Room/tent dimensions: unknown
Genetics: bag seed
Growth phase: seedling

Problem: ....

What have you done to try to resolve: ...

Ok, now that that's done, let's address the fact these are still in the rapid rooters tray. Those roots are quite big. You're going to have problems getting them out, which will cause significant stress on the plants. Next, I'd recommend picking up a new pH and PPM meter because your PPM dropping after adding nutes indicates either one of two things: 1. it's reading incorrectly 2. you're adding so much that it's rolling over some limit and displaying 110 ppm.

Given these things, I'd just start over. If they're bag seed, it's not a big loss.

Frugalkratky70

Frugalkratky70

Hey everyone i was wondering whats going on with my plants I thought I've put to much nutrients in the water so I purged the roots with new ph 5.8 water with no nutrients for 2 days and restarted the nutrients but with less this time and the plants are still yellowing and now browning at the tip and becoming crisp at the tips I have an air stone in there to give oxygen to the roots ( heard somewhere its not necessary) the roots still have a lot of space to move so I dont think that they're root bound and there's no root rot also ( root are healthy from what I can see ) I also don't top feed them because the roots are always in water absorbing nutrients should I start top feeding ?View attachment 1063775View attachment 1063777View attachment 1063778View attachment 1063779
Back to basics! Experimented for 4 months. Tried the air pump thing but, too much maintainance for my cancer. This is my budget kratky set up, yes pool noodle from dollar tree. Roots touching bottom already. Left is almost 4 weeks from seed up today to 375ppm that's with tap water, right is 3 weeks from seed up 315ppm both are sativa hybrid in plain tap water ppm 190. weekly increase 1-1-.5 gram masterblend formula adds 55+ppm, 4ml of hydrogen 3%, 4ml ph down added. Picture sucks. Keep you updated...

IMG 20201204 231727391
a4twenty

a4twenty

light is 600w dual spectrum led light at 5 inches from the top of the plants.

among the other issues discussed, this is way too close. i would recommend you do some reading and research if you want have a better chance of success.

also 30 deg is too hot for the grow room and definitely too hot for the water/nutrients if they're in there too.

Growrx

Growrx

among the other issues discussed, this is way too close. i would recommend you do some reading and research if you want have a better chance of success.

also 30 deg is too hot for the grow room and definitely too hot for the water/nutrients if they're in there too.
Yeah I’d say back the light up to about 24 inches away from the seedlings. When they start vegging you can lower it. Most manufactures show their recommendations on their site.
Do not follow the instructions on the side of the bottle that say 15ml per liter that would be around 60ml per gallon of each of the micro, grow, and bloom, which if you mix that in a one gallon jug and test it, you’ll see the ppm will most likely be sky high (do mix them in equal parts though)

this is for my Phlizon 1200w

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sorry like you said I didn't think these informations we're relevant. I am using tap water that starts at a PH of 7 and 135 ppm. I bring it down to 5.5 PH and with the nuts it shows 110 ppm (do I need a new pen ? Isn't it suppose to go up when you add nutrients?) Setup is Dwc with a air stone in the middle they were still in the tray that I started my seeds in (General Hydroponic Rapid rooter tray and inserts) I dont know about water temp i droped my thermometer 2 days ago and broke its usually around 18 to 22 Celsius, the grow room temp is 30 degrees with 50%humidity in dwc setup i only have 6 spots and the seeds that I transplanted we're "Bag seeds" as a test run so thats why they're still in that setup i wanted them to grow big enough to see which would be male and female and then put the females in the "real" setup. Also my light is 600w dual spectrum led light at 5 inches from the top of the plants light schedule is 18-6 and I'm using the advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 steps ( Grow Micro Bloom ) I just thought I could get away with growing in a tray for a month or two or until they grow enough to see which one are females View attachment 1063905
What you've described is a lot like what I used to do in my sea of green/Hydro days way back when and it will work and you can sex plants that way

but something obviously went wrong, don't know if you can save that particular set of starts;

yes the PPM is supposed to go up not down when you add to it so something's wrong with that also
20200911 132243

@tobh gave you a lot of good information above, hope it works out for you, good luck!

Top Bottom