New to indoor. SpiderFarmer SF7000 question

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I was just wondering how high my new SF7000 should be above canopy during flower? Manufacturer recommends 18", others have recommended 30-36. Also, Humboldt's Bloom booster. How often to use during flower and is it necessary to switch to something with higher potassium and less phosphorous? Is it worthwhile at all? Should I be using a hardener? FYI i'm in ocean forest, water/feed every 3 days, using full foxfarms and humboldt's line-up. I've seen zero burn despite feeding recklessly and may have stunted 2/6 but they're doing better. Using distilled and water only every few feedings. 5x5 space. Currently maxed out on light height at around 29 inches from canopy. 5 autos/one background photo.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
there is an app you can use for the light.

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
use the low number to start then watch the plants, they will tell you what is good for them.

as far as maxed out, you can use the dimmer to get it set how you want

cant help with the nutes, i use a supersoil, i add nothing but water.

you might want to swap to an RO water, the distilled is not so great. unless that is different how you grow, but for soil (and i thought you had soil) it is not so good.

i suggest you put some pics up, most wont stop by to help without pictures! lol

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I was just wondering how high my new SF7000 should be above canopy during flower? Manufacturer recommends 18", others have recommended 30-36. Also, Humboldt's Bloom booster. How often to use during flower and is it necessary to switch to something with higher potassium and less phosphorous? Is it worthwhile at all? Should I be using a hardener? FYI i'm in ocean forest, water/feed every 3 days, using full foxfarms and humboldt's line-up. I've seen zero burn despite feeding recklessly and may have stunted 2/6 but they're doing better. Using distilled and water only every few feedings. 5x5 space. Currently maxed out on light height at around 29 inches from canopy. 5 autos/one background photo.

Did you transplant in to a fresh batch of FF OF soil before flowering ensued ?
How many days in the flowering stage are your plants?

Feeding every 3 days sounds excessive. Even while using some other neutral soil. I grew out one plant start to finish in a 10 gal pot of Fox farms. It contains a decent about of nutrient.

"Recklessly" isn't the best approach IMO . Especially this late. If disaster strikes your options to correct it will be more limited.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Feeding every 3 days sounds excessive. Even while using some other neutral soil. I grew out one plant start to finish in a 10 gal pot of Fox farms. It contains a decent about of nutrient.

"Recklessly" isn't the best approach IMO . Especially this late. If disaster strikes your options to correct it will be more limited.
I didn't transplant, 5 gallon pots throughout. I've been using nutes anytime I don't see burn, hoping to just max everything out. I know my light is maxed out no matter what, just wanted to ensure I was as close as I could be. I'm using distilled water because my tap PHs at 7 and the distilled PHs at 6, no real way to test or control PPM/PH so I just try to keep it low and water between feedings to bring it down. Are you thinking more nutes isn't helping yield/quality beyond having enough to get by? I assumed the purpose was to get as much feeding and water as my light could keep up with. RO and distilled should both PH at 6, if I recall. Shouldn't be any difference there

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

also i'm only a couple weeks into flower on two, one week in on another and then I have one catching up and a photoperiod that i'm vegging in the back, the two smaller ones one was hurt by gnatrol and the other one was LST'd/topped

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

IMG 20210503 181748983

IMG 20210503 181730198
IMG 20210503 181733429
IMG 20210503 181743268
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

there is an app you can use for the light.

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
use the low number to start then watch the plants, they will tell you what is good for them.

as far as maxed out, you can use the dimmer to get it set how you want

cant help with the nutes, i use a supersoil, i add nothing but water.

you might want to swap to an RO water, the distilled is not so great. unless that is different how you grow, but for soil (and i thought you had soil) it is not so good.

i suggest you put some pics up, most wont stop by to help without pictures! lol
with the app you recommended my front camera shows maxed at 12,000 lux and the rear camera shows 1355 lux, both at canopy

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it is the front. you need more light, so lower it or turn it up.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

it is the front. you need more light, so lower it or turn it up.
My mistake, it's reading 112,065 lux fully raised. Is this too high? When I lower 4-6 inches it reads almost 200,000 lux

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Okay, I misread the app. I've not tested several of these apps and they all max out at 12000 lux regardless of hang height.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ok... so you have 1200, 12000 or some other number? it should be in the 60ks, more or less. so adjust till it reads between 45,000 to 65,000. you can raise/lower and you can dim/undim. so adjust till you get what you need

Screenshot 20210503 220828 Light Meter
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

ok... so you have 1200, 12000 or some other number? it should be in the 60ks, more or less. so adjust till it reads between 45,000 to 65,000. you can raise/lower and you can dim/undim. so adjust till you get what you need
i played with the settings, but got the same readings regardless. it would hit just under 12k every time

HarryHood

HarryHood

i'm using the sf4000 and on my last grow i went a little too close to the light at one point and had to back it away. i was doing autos on an 18/6 schedule and had them about 12 inches away and they didn't like it. maybe they can withstand being that close if they're photos on a 12/12 cycle, but that's just my speculation. i raised the light to 18 inches for the rest of the grow and wound up with a little over a 1/2 lb off of 4 plants. not bad for a rookie outing. happy growing!

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

i'm using the sf4000 and on my last grow i went a little too close to the light at one point and had to back it away. i was doing autos on an 18/6 schedule and had them about 12 inches away and they didn't like it. maybe they can withstand being that close if they're photos on a 12/12 cycle, but that's just my speculation. i raised the light to 18 inches for the rest of the grow and wound up with a little over a 1/2 lb off of 4 plants. not bad for a rookie outing. happy gro
i'm using the sf4000 and on my last grow i went a little too close to the light at one point and had to back it away. i was doing autos on an 18/6 schedule and had them about 12 inches away and they didn't like it. maybe they can withstand being that close if they're photos on a 12/12 cycle, but that's just my speculation. i raised the light to 18 inches for the rest of the grow and wound up with a little over a 1/2 lb off of 4 plants. not bad for a rookie outing. happy growing!
thanks for the info, looking like I need to invest in a meter and ask somebody else with the same model light. Odd that spiderfarmer recommends 18" for flower on both models

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

haven't honestly had any issues anyway besides stunting the one, these babies are flowering beautifully

HarryHood

HarryHood

pretty sure it's 12-18 inches for flower in the manual, which is why i believe the extra 6 hours for autos at 12 inches made them not too stoked to be that close for the extra 6 hours of lights on. again, just my speculation as i could be totally wrong

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

pretty sure it's 12-18 inches for flower in the manual, which is why i believe the extra 6 hours for autos at 12 inches made them not too stoked to be that close for the extra 6 hours of lights on. again, just my speculation as i could be totally wrong
yeah, just concerns me putting my light that close because it runs a lot more light and heat than the others

Top Bottom