New to Organic where do I Start

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elbow

no beef with you here sister. the pdf was off topic... seriously.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, well, since it came up in the discussion with the Squirrel, and no-till is one of the concepts and practices many organic farmers are using. I thought it's useful information to share here. I know I'm going to be able to use the info in my own gardens this year. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No-till is with specific regard to farming. Weed control and field preparation usually begins with tilling the field. When one tills, one is also able to incorporate amendments and such into the soil. When growing using no-till methods, one leaves everything in situ. This at the very least encourages, or allows microbial relationships to remain intact, thus allowing the soil food web to remain intact. It is important to establish and maintain the soil food web because that is how one 'feeds' the plants in organic farming--one actually feeds the soil, instead.

This is an incredibly brief explanation of the what and why.

S

spermwhale

thanks very much but can you go into this in more detail this sound like something good to do

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll side with Elbow on this, it would deserve its own thread. It is not a method I practice on my indoor cultivation at this time, and I practice partial or limited till on my land.

E

Elbow

Vine-Maple,-Old-Growth.jpg
I wonder if these trees are suffering from nutrient stratification being a no-till and all.

S

spermwhale

Hello elbow, Seamaidern ect, how are you all today? I'm going to bury some plants today as they roots are too big for the pots they are in..should I just get some muck from outside near the grass next to the road with some horse guano mixed into it for hummus and re-pot them into bigger pots with it

E

Elbow

spermwhale, good morning... I'm doing great! does the muck smell like sulfur?

S

spermwhale

hey.. thanks for quick reply, the muck is kinda brown color and smells quite mucky/dirty kinda thing it's got chunks of flint and chalk with some worms in it also a few ants nests would you use it? and what would you do with it?

E

Elbow

I don't know... better ask someone with more experience growing the dank with muck and ants and piss...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you grow plants too? what strands do you grow?
I grow all kinds of plants, too many to name. I grow many various strains, too, but mostly Loran's gear.

Vine-Maple,-Old-Growth.jpg
I wonder if these trees are suffering from nutrient stratification being a no-till and all.
I wonder if anyone's amending that forest... gee, I sure do wonder. ;)

Actually, I mostly see tree trunks and can't really gauge their health. The ferns and mosses look pretty nice, though. Gotta love epiphytes!

E

Elbow

" Gotta love epiphytes!"
phalaenopsis FTW.

now that I have your attention, lets talk about nutrient stratification, I see you post that garbage everywhere...

what's your take SeaMaiden? or you do only posting regurgitated soybean pdf's

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
no beef with you here sister. the pdf was off topic... seriously.
" Gotta love epiphytes!"
phalaenopsis FTW.

now that I have your attention, lets talk about nutrient stratification, I see you post that garbage everywhere...

what's your take SeaMaiden? or you do only posting regurgitated soybean pdf's

Why are you here, exactly? To contribute something? If so, we're still waiting.

E

Elbow

answering my question with a question... do I make you nervous? are you going to BAN me because I'm not a SM groupie?
your obviously the go to person in this organic section... and you're posting 69 page pdf's on soybean farming... in a n00b thread.

and spreading misinformation about nutrient stratification in a no-till farming practice... which I've done some research on since you brought it up, and it seems it's a problem... but only after 10 or so years of poor no-till practices...

looks like this Organics section needs an enema.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
answering my question with a question... do I make you nervous? are you going to BAN me because I'm not a SM groupie?
your obviously the go to person in this organic section... and you're posting 69 page pdf's on soybean farming... in a n00b thread.

and spreading misinformation about nutrient stratification in a no-till farming practice... which I've done some research on since you brought it up, and it seems it's a problem... but only after 10 or so years of poor no-till practices...

looks like this Organics section needs an enema.

I'll ban you as I would anyone. If you're trolling (and you sure do seem to be at this particular time), flaming, etc, etc. You can refer to the terms of use and rules for a refresher, the site admin has helpfully kept a permanent link to them at the top left of every page. If you think I'm looking for groupies, you are again in the wrong, as you are with your assertions. If your goal is to drag shit from somewhere else here, then I can see it being likely that another mod or the site admin will take banning you out of my hands entirely.

The enema will definitely be needed if I see things being clogged up here with bullshit the same way I saw the organic section on another site become completely clogged and loaded down with shit like what you're posting. So far you've scored a big fat ZERO in terms of contribution here, and are working hard to keep that score down.

You personally may find no help from something like a peer reviewed study, or evaluation of practices over many farms, but I find it helpful and so think others may find it helpful. If I'm spreading misinformation, then please, have a go at that.

:)

E

Elbow

that's the second time in as many web sites that someone has mentioned "karma from another site" following them. listen, I don't know your deal from other websites... and I'm certainly not interested in clogging teh bandwidth.

I must carry an air about me that you've met before, a loathing of misinformation that you're in constant battle with elsewhere.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<shrug> Is that all you got from my post? I didn't mention karma, but since you did, I find it telling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom