New To Socal But Not New To The Scene.. "texas Raised Me, & Cali Tamed Me.."

• Thread starter potter007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
potter007

potter007

Good people spread knowledge here daily, its very invigorating to be able to soak in so much information and good vibes here.
You can call me Potter for now, and if circumstances turn light one day we can bless each other with one anothers presence. I am originally from Houston, Tx. I spent all of my "young grasshopper" days there as a inquisitive boy. I had a want to know why things ticked, what made them go, and just wanting to know something about everything...

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General. *poem - Modern Major General

As life took its course, I transitioned from the student - athlete that would not have thought twice about smoking..
..into a Young Adult failed by the system that he was led to believe in, that would lead him into what is know as the "American Dream." hahaha:( lol fucking loser right???

***(off topic rant)
But from birth we are taught to obey your parents, laws, go to church(or not), GO TO SCHOOL, get a education, start work at 14-16, graduate GO TO COLLEGE, get a degree or 2 or 3, find a job, pay your taxes(lol), kiss every baby you see on the forehead, shake the hands of immigrants, WORK THAT SAME JOB UNTIL YOUR 65, retire, ETC... bs, bs, bs :mad:**END RANT**:mad:

...But honestly how many people do that work for. I am a 1st Generation city kid. Which means my parents grew up in the country. My mom a Country town in Texas that is still leaving in the 40s, and my pops and country town in Louisiana where he didnt attend High School because he had to help his father on the Farm. My grandpa farmed for the Town and surrounding areas.(lol, thats how small it was, but only by population the store and hospital were like 45 mins away from civilization)

Now back at this "American Dream" I was chasing..., well I soon realized it was something I would stay chasing. It turns out that you can never attain a dream that isnt yours. In reality I seen the countless failures and hopes of people that were in the same shoes as me. We all believed in a dream that was never ours from the Go.

SO after losing GOOD jobs(making $17hr at 18 yrs old) after going to jail for a 3.5 of Mexi Bagweed, after being profiled as a "Gun Trafficer"(1st felony evading in a motor vehicle), after getting my car seized by HPD, after selling every possible drug you can think of, friending characters you wouldnt want to spend 5 mins with, cleaning up situations I cant type, losing friends Ill never see again(death or life in prison),going back to jail(for 4 1/2 pounds) basically changing my whole life that i was comfortable in from a child. Making me have to adapt in away as to where I can keep my income, and not be forced to take a minimum wage job because I smoked a plant that is all natural..

One day I just WOKE UP.
I started growing as a experiment in my 1 bedroom apartment. It quickly got out of hand, i went from sleeping on a king size in my bedroom to a futon in the living room. So i needed more space and convinced my sweet GF at the time to let me rent a 3 bedroom house in her name. She agreed of course, lol and thats when i never looked back. I had already ordered my genetics etc, so i just needed the space. The experimenting process was over.

I quickly gathered my material and began to DIY a "ghetto growers paradise". Being in a illegal state i couldnt tell anyone or even move to fast or much as far as building materials. Another reason too, is probably because i only had a two door mercedez at the time to travel in. It played pick up for the weekend, moving 192 cinder blocks and and 30 odd something pieces of plywood(forgot dimensions).. Talk about a lowryder lol the car was riding the cement from the weight.. it took about 4 trips to 4 different hardware stores..

This was also around the same time i started "Forum Surfing" for all my knowledge. After coming home in 2010 I really turned into a loner and put all my energy into learning the cannabis business. But if i wanted to soon join this business I had to learn the proper ways to cultivate it. Dont get me wrong i didnt start growing because of the money, so please do not disrespect my love for this great plant. I started growing because of the situation I was in, and the strikes against me if I wanted to live a "normal life". I was what you would call a AVID smoker looking to capitalize and utilize my love and passions to my advantage. I really dedicated the past 8 years of my life to this plant and all its properties.. I didnt attend college and every business I have started has been with my own research and or funds. Growing in Texas was fun and risky all in the same.. Coming up with stories of where the pot came from and all the crazy connects I have to go through to get it, it was very tickling. But i also learned alot and had to grow up fast. The penalty for over half a pound is a felony, so imagine 300 girls in a house plus mothers and 6 - 10 clone trays going at once. They still will hang you for stealing a mans horse there, I was already dead sleeping on my tile floor with the fire place going because i had know heat or hot water. All the girls needed was electricity and water, my feelings dont matter... Cold showers are a bitch in the winter, you have to time your shower around the hottest part of the day in order to get the heat from the sun warming up the pipes.. also when i would refill my 2 watering tanks..

Anyways the setup was a 4 tier stadium hand watered SOG as seen on here and other forums.. 4k watts going 24 hrs a day, hung down the middle of the room bare(no hoods). I had a fan blowing up from under each light to keep it cool(the little circle turbo circulators from home depot or the best cool tubes IMO and like $16) I had a ghetto intake to keep air from going stale, and no Co2 what so ever. Never had mites, or lost a crop to aphids, bud rot etc.. Soil mites gave me a serious scare and i spent a crazy amount of money on pesticides i never used. lol got home did some reading and found out about "The Good Mite".. The girls were in a 30% coco, 30% peat, and 40% perlite mix.. and yes i reused this mix over and over again.. Sometimes it would get about a month and half rest because i had so much. But this gave time for all the mychos, acids, and other beneficials to do there jobs and get the mix essential for my crops. I ran organics like hydro and finished off with strictly organics in flowering after the 1st bloom boosters.. Remember i was growing commercially so yield was the most important factor, but i also wanted good tasting meds so this was my way of supplementing giving the girls ass shots and breast implants(steroids or non organic fertilizers)..

I honestly miss my setup, I moved to California about a month and 2 weeks ago. I was blessed to get out of my lease i was in, which is also where i was growing at. I found mold in the house and the home owners were being dicks about fixing it. They bullshitted me for 5 months, and the week before i was to renew they told me they wanted to make repairs before renting it out again. So get ready for the SAD part. I trashed every plant, clone and mother in every room. They were putting pressure on my neck to see the house. lol after 5 months of calling them now i turn into the bad guy. So i did what any smart stoner would do.. Get rid of all evidence incriminating him, pack his bags and prepare to grow again. lol As far as equipment i still have everything except the CINDER BLOCKS and PLYWOOD, go figures. I will let them and there wonderful customer service remove all of the bricks out of the master bedrooms closet.. YES I LEFT THE BRICKS;):rolleyes::p;) But everything else is still in my parents garage..

So after all this and this is not the half, Im now in SoCal not far from the water lol.. I packed 2 bags and every dollar i own, and jumped on the bus from Houston to Cali. Here I am in the flesh, to start the legal part of my journey. I hear so many older growers say how much it is becoming a job.. Well to you Bushy Old Growers(No pun @B.O.G) I really want this to be my only job. Im ready to cultivate so badly, but i refuse to do it on the scale I was doing it on. I have lost 7 people to cancer in the last 4 years. I was able to help contribute through chemo, etc by offering my goods and services. Although it helped them through and transition smoothly, I feel in the right place with the right tools Medical Marijuana can do more than help transition. I was growing this one bag seed sativa for my Uncle. I hated it and thought it was Hemp, but he swore by it saying it didnt make him high it just relaxed him and took his bone aches away. He could function for a longer period of time without feeling the mocking pains of his cancer. He also said it worked but the residual effect of being high never came up. Honestly it didnt work for me, it slowed down my mental and heartbeat which is awesome because im always in 6th gear. But nothing I would push to the market. My reason of saying this is, in the right setting who knows it could have been the next cbd strain that changes lives around the world. But as a ghetto grower with no labs etc it was no way to find out. Now the fact that there are millions of growers out there throwing away seeds and phenos we can never get back is my real fire. It is why we have to continue to fight for legalization and implicate a process to be able to make thc and cbd testers available at patient friendly prices. lol sound like a pipe dream..

In short, Im in a new place, and although I dont want to miss a beat I guess as i acclimate myself to the new environment i must 1st spread my roots along the floor and set my foundation. So forgive me for my long off topic rants, forgive me about living in the past, forgive me for wanting to do what i dedicated my life too for the past 8 years. Forgive me as a human for wanting to GROW; spiritually, mentally, and physically.. But i cant see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life. I am to far to turn back now, I AM 1500 MILES AWAY FROM HOME.. I have my ass in the coco with no where to go but up, AGAIN..

So feel free to send me messages, links to check out, events, etc.. I will also answer all questions to the best of my ability. I have smoked a lot of strains and grown just as many, i wouldnt mind saving you some time and money. As far as friends, Im open to those too. Im in compliance now and look forward to sharing my future gardens with the community. I hope it doesnt stop at gardening, and we can put our minds together and actually make a difference in a community that was once geared in the right direction.. Yes i said it, at one point i use to read about people spreading genetics out of the sake of keeping strains alive. Now its a keep away and take all the money you can type thing.. I mean no disrespect but to "MY GENERATION" these bushy old growers have risked there necks to give us all of this wonderful info at your finger tips. It is up to us not to abuse it and use it for the greater preservation of the beautiful plant.

The right people will find me, the rest will see when its too late.. Either way im HOME California.. and I am here to stay.. Happy growing, stay free, and stay rebel.. #ForeverJunky #JunkyVision

"Rather a diamond with a flaw, than a pebble without.."

-Potter:cool:
New to socal but not new to the scene texas raised me  cali tamed me 2

New to socal but not new to the scene texas raised me  cali tamed me

**No edits straight off SD card..
Pic 1 is Redondo Christmas Evening..
Pic 2 is Seal Beach not sure when..

potter007

potter007

My first visitor, thanks for taking the time to speak.. I hope all is well in Dab City, wish i was on that flight.. lol the avi must be the pilot.. be blessed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Very interesting and informative introduction. California is going to be nothing like the Houston area, or really any other part of Texas except maybe Austin (the area of Cali you chose, I should say). Now, if you're feelin' a little homesick and need to see some good ol' boys, you know, the kind with a rifle in the rear window of their Ford pick-up, you just head on up north to the mountains here and you'll find you some.

I spent over 30 years of my life in southern California. Well over, thinking a little harder on it, gotta account for Dad's Navy years.

Whereabouts in Louisiana? Dad's born & raised NOLA, I was born NOLA, spent a little time in Shreveport as well. Can't say I wanna go back, I'm too swarthy.

potter007

potter007

@ElManiaco appreciate the greeting brother hope is looking well as we approach the New Year..

@Seamaiden you are so right.. The speed, the vibe, the sun and wind lol its all different. I love it dont and really feel more at home here than I ever felt in Texas.

I do look forward to meeting the NorCal folk. Im an outdoorsman myself and prefer the woulds and mountains over the ocean most days.. I guess because its GREEN.. who doesnt love GREEN. lol Maybe i can find a 'Bush Man tha wouldnt mind a city boy sowing seeds around his land..lol that will be the day..

I cant wait until I can get 30 years in this beautiful place under my belt.

My pops is from a place called New Roads, Louisiana.. He was raised there and Batchelor, Louisiana.. A population of less than 5000 today.. which im sure is super inflated.. lol But he is 69 and still today retired has converted the backyard into his many little farm.. lol More veggies than the space allows but he makes it work.. Tomatoes(4 types), Greens(mustard and collards), Cabbage, Watermelon, Basil, Bell Peppers, Kale , several Lettuce varieties(my mom loves her salads), 2 types of Okra(love fresha okra and tomatoes, and i know i missing some others..

But i do have to agree Louisiana, is nice in its own swampy southern way, but its not for me. I love the people and food, you want find a better combination know place around the world. Southern Hospitality is one thing I dont find much of in Cali.. Other than that, I am a californian as far as i can tell..

Let me stop teasing beacuase I do love my Southern roots.. One day I will have to show the West Coast how to really have a BBQ.. No coals, just wood and slow smoked for 12 - 16 hrs.. When we BBQ we BBQ its usually a 2 day event. lol Pink smoke line all the way through the meat..

But again I appreciate the warm welcome from the 3 of you. Hopefully soon I will be starting some sort of Journal introducing my babies.. I fed them today for the 1st real time, giving them a full course meal and a blast of silica and "Be One"

I bought teens and the first water was just "Be One" from "Mad Farmer" and i foliar sprayed and 3 n 1 pesticide for mites, fungus, etc. It really just smelled like cod liver oil. But I will see tomorrow how they respond. If they look up to par and arent too shy I'll post some pics.

@Seamaiden Well Sweet Lady, you have a nice night and I wish you the best vibes on this New Year Eve..

potter007

potter007

Why wait right, they may not make it until tomorrow if they dont like what i fed them lol.. anyways my pre teens, soon to be Mothers just waiting on Nature to take her course.. I know they look beat and under fed, TRUST me they are. Wasnt sure what they were being fed or how along they were. The Bud Tender was not all that knowledgable(go figures). That was 10 days ago, as you cant see they have been feeding off of themselves and are starving. Well we shall see how they respond.

Valley Girl (SFV OG x Face Off OG BX1)
IMG 20141231 180855 533

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm. I'm a southern gentleman raised in Baytown TX area. Also a victim of the Souths justice system. Also a transplant here in SoCal. Your in the right place. Peace.

potter007

potter007

Welcome to the farm. I'm a southern gentleman raised in Baytown TX area. Also a victim of the Souths justice system. Also a transplant here in SoCal. Your in the right place. Peace.

Right on brother, and I can tell, by the way you write..(no homo) we just have a way to our words.. lol Look forward to seeing you around the boards.. I have two questions being from the South and all..

Whats your favorite strain these days?
and how long have you been a transplant??

Have a safe New Year bro.. i think i have spent more birthdays and holidays on these forums than I have had parties for myself... lol life of a grower...

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm in love with a pheno of Kimbo Kush from ExoticGenetics that I found. And I been in Cali about 5 years or so. See you around....
peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You folks watching the Rose Parade this morning? I've got it set to record. I haven't been watching the weather but I expect it's colder than a witch's tit down there, especially if my folks in the desert have snow! Up here it's just as cold, but dry as a bone.

Happy new year gentlemen! Here's to 2015 (I can't believe I made it!).

potter007

potter007

@Seamaiden
No parade for me, i am probably the most anti- social photographer in the business. I love talking to people and have wonderful customer service. But years of living a double life will have you stuck in a sort of system.. I still get anxious being in crowds, etc. Slowly im trying to work my way out of it, telling myself this feeling is normal. Im just use to the calmness of my girls.. But i thank you guys and gals for being my supplemental medicine.

Luna Love

Luna Love

Be sure to hang out up in the garden at the Getty Musuem....my favorite place in all of LA....big bonus...its free and good beers are only 5 bucks up there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Rereading this made me think of Shreveport, and all the camping in the region we did when I was young. I got turned away from a gas station toilet or two back then. Can't say as I miss it. At all. Lemme see if I can find the video my sister made from some old home movies... hold on, brb. Newp, looks like she took it down. Bitch.

potter007

potter007

so forgive my lateness.. I just started a new job so getting acclimated to the new schedule has been taking its toll. The good thing is it is at a hydro shop sooooo.. lol thats always good news.. Look forward to some nice things in the near future. But, do not fret, my fellow farmers i assure you that i have not abandoned my plot...

Anyway, the "Valley Girls" are coming so-so.. They are still a little slow vegging, which is to be expected. Its a very OG dominant strain, but the reason is know fault to her. Its been all grower era, nothing horrible tho. lol I have just been taking my time getting everything together and done.

Which brings me to the closing. If you have been following with me through this brief existence, then you remember me complaining of having to start over. Well, God is good, lol.

I get a phone call at work, and its a good older friend I met since being in Cali. He tells me his new genetics are ready(seed form) and that he was throwing out all his mothers. He say he had just cloned them and just need the room. Well being the stoner/pothead i am, I think dont throw them away..

But throw them to me, lol and keep the genetics around. At the same time, it would be greatly appreciated by me, who is at this rebuilding stage..

Anyways, before the thought could cross the interceptor and even get to my tongue. He said he was in route to my spot. lol i get home to a full motel.. The stoner Gods are good, and sweet Mary is even sweeter..

So i am now the proud step father of:

Rollex OG(2 Phenos) - Devils Harvest (White Fire x Kuchu Hybrid)

Liberty Haze(2 Phenos) - Barneys Farms (G13 x Chem Dawg)

Jack The Ripper - TGA Subcool (Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X Romulan X Cindy99BCGA) -( the Lemon Pheno- smells like Lime Lucas Candy/Salt)

Skywalker OG - Reserva Privada (Skywalker x Og Kush)

Master Kush - Dutch Passions (Hindu Kush Strain)

Kosher Kush - Reserva Privada (Kosher x OG Kush)

Choco Kush - DNA Genetics (Chocolope x Kosher Kush)

all are females, and i have smoked most of them actually already since being here.. so i know what to expect pretty much as far as end results.. now its all about order..

And i was chosen as a tester for @TheRealHash so i am awaiting those arrivals.. This next couple of months will be nice. Look forward to seeing you fine folks soon. Be bleesed and stay safe..

Liberty Haze(Indica Pheno)
IMG 20150113 210320 941

VG the only 2 in coco.. the two on the right side.. Still having ph issues(SoCal tap, lol meters are in so no worries.)
IMG 20150113 210329 015

A Ugly Mess, lol. SW OG is the biggest mom to the left..
IMG 20150113 210417 546

Another Ugly Mess, lol 7 different girls, 11 different attitudes..
IMG 20150113 210436 770

**oh and he brought me these girls in SuperSoil.. WTF, I am a HydrOrganics guy myself.. But, not my specialty, at this moment getting them in mid stage.. so on to do some reading.. Only upside to this is its transplant time for there 1 gal or 6 inch square pots.

*another upside, i have to say besides the SS being hot and burning some leaves or nute lock out.. The girls are a rather nice dark green(cell cam sucks will get the 24 megapixels out on the off day). And, ironically eventhough there in soil, NO SOIL MITES, NO APHIDS, NO MITES, NO NEMATODES, etc.. its crazy.. but he has a very sterile setup and generally only runs RockWool in a flood and drain, top feeding, etc.

Im signing off now, to all a Good Night or Day if you are on the opposite end of the spectrum. -Potter

Latest posts

Top Bottom