New To The Altitude

• Thread starter SirKixaLot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SirKixaLot

Not too sure if I'm lacking something or going a little to heavy with something. Purchased August 5th for the purpose of mothering. 24 hour T8 4 bulb.Nutrients once a month 1/3 of dosage from bottle. Flushing once a month. New to the forum and new to the altitude. Not a fan of soil but wanted to try something new. She was doing fine all the way up until now (Fruity Pebbles OG from alien genetics forum cut)

New to the altitude
New to the altitude 2
Monster762

Monster762

whst are your nutes? And is the upside down bottles supposed to be a watering method?

Monster762

Monster762

whst are your nutes? And is the upside down bottles supposed to be a watering method?
I'm far from a pro but looks overwatered and nutes are way off. Looks like high nitrogen but I'd say definately overwatered. Get the bottle out of there put a fan near by move air by the plant. Cut all nutes for now. Get the plastic bag out from under it. Or put something for it to sit on that keeps drainage holes open to air. A milk crate be good. Adjust light up however high the pedestal changes the floor. I'd say run t8 at about 18-24 inches off top of canopy. Again what fertilizer are you using ?

S

SirKixaLot

The upside down water bottles are my way of getting hydration thru the soil instead of letting it sit on the top of the soil.

S

SirKixaLot

since it's dirt and they're curling down I'm pretty confident it's just an over watering issue. Let the top soil dry about an inch deep before you water again.
See I've been letting it go dry the top and at least 1-3 inches deep. Also been using 1/3 recommended dosage for nutes. Using floranova, grow big, and floraliscious plus. For a flush ii use florakleen. Started with a rapid start from GH.

S

SirKixaLot

since it's dirt and they're curling down I'm pretty confident it's just an over watering issue. Let the top soil dry about an inch deep before you water again.
I'm using nutes every other watering. And a flush once a month

MW7945

MW7945

See I've been letting it go dry the top and at least 1-3 inches deep. Also been using 1/3 recommended dosage for nutes. Using floranova, grow big, and floraliscious plus. For a flush ii use florakleen. Started with a rapid start from GH.

Tbh what I considered one of my mistakes from my first grow was buying florakleen.

Are you using tap water, ro water, etc.?

MW7945

MW7945

I haven't seen you mention pH yet either. What are you feeding them at, whats the runoff at?

same for ppm's

Temps?

Pretty much anything as far as that information helps

S

SirKixaLot

Tbh what I considered one of my mistakes from my first grow was buying florakleen.

Are you using tap water, ro water, etc.?
Currently using tap water not sure on the pH levels because a tds meter is not affordable at the moment. Temps never go over 77.9 on the high and low is never past 69.0

King Julien

King Julien

Definitely a little too rich on the nitrogen. Looks like it's been a little too wet for a little too long as well.

A PH meter is only 10-12 bucks delivered if you're not worried about it lasting longer than a grow or 2. I've got a 160 dollar meter that does almost everything in one package but I also keep 2 or 3 cheap ones on hand just in case.

I also don't use them anymore in my hydro set-up. I use RO water and a standard recipe that can be scaled in any direction in fractions and still keep a steady enough ph and after that I just follow which plants are drinking how much water how fast.

Oh, and you might consider using distilled water if you can. Next best thing to RO and cheap. Just gotta buy it and lug it around.

Organikz

Organikz

What are your temps, rh, intake/exhaust? This is 1 of 3 problems. Stagnant air, heat, or extremely low RH.

Monster762

Monster762

The upside down water bottles are my way of getting hydration thru the soil instead of letting it sit on the top of the soil.
Ok once soil has been moistened water should sink right through the top. Air movement is crucial. But don't force a hurricane on plant just make sure it wiggles. Do you have any gnats or bugs? Is that why you want top dry? Top should dry pretty quickly. Water slowly. I use a garorade bottle with holes drilled in the cap. Makes it a small garden waterer basically with lots of little streams.

Your florakleen should not be needed. Just dilute nutes and water water feed. Feed once every three waters. 2 waters 1 feed. Be sure soil is drying mostly between waters. Really has an overwater look and nitrogen high by the dark dark green n tips curled. Dry it out some. Flushing one time once your dry will give you a better idea where your at nute wise. If you flush with slightly warm water until runoff is clear your good. Do you have calmag? If so I'd give half dose at end of flush. Then let dry good. Then feed 1/4-1/2 strength of just the grow big.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm using nutes every other watering. And a flush once a month
I think you are way over fertilizing SOIL. Soil is different from other grow mediums in that it holds onto what you are putting in for much longer. Flushing soil does very little good, especially if you haven't overloaded it with readily absorbable excess nutes. I fertilize our soil maybe 3-4 times in an entire grow.

S

SirKixaLot

I think you are way over fertilizing SOIL. Soil is different from other grow mediums in that it holds onto what you are putting in for much longer. Flushing soil does very little good, especially if you haven't overloaded it with readily absorbable excess nutes. I fertilize our soil maybe 3-4 times in an entire grow.
Basically in the middle of no where so grow stores aren't around.

Monster762

Monster762

I was making same mistake. My plants seemed like they wanted more every time I fed them. It got to a point where I was feeding and going bone dry every day. Then I showed k deficiency. I gave it some k and all the sudden was like all the other nutes were overpowering. Started burning up. I flushed and runoff looked like fresh brewed coffee. I flushed til runoff was clear. Symptoms stalled but didn't heal.

S

SirKixaLot

I was making same mistake. My plants seemed like they wanted more every time I fed them. It got to a point where I was feeding and going bone dry every day. Then I showed k deficiency. I gave it some k and all the sudden was like all the other nutes were overpowering. Started burning up. I flushed and runoff looked like fresh brewed coffee. I flushed til runoff was clear. Symptoms stalled but didn't heal.
That's literally what happened. Put her in the shower and runoff was basically compost tea so ii kept going until it was clear before it went back in the garden the light was off for 8 hours. Letting her dry out before giving anymore water. I'm thinking the water has done something the genetics don't like cause that's my only variable at the moment due to running out of bottled water. Going to try and find some super thrive and see if she wants to keep showing love if not back to the basics of tracking down more genetics.

Monster762

Monster762

That's literally what happened. Put her in the shower and runoff was basically compost tea so ii kept going until it was clear before it went back in the garden the light was off for 8 hours. Letting her dry out before giving anymore water. I'm thinking the water has done something the genetics don't like cause that's my only variable at the moment due to running out of bottled water. Going to try and find some super thrive and see if she wants to keep showing love if not back to the basics of tracking down more genetics.
Super thrive I've seen at Walmart. And Walmart is marking down all gardening stuff cause of season. I just got huge bag of garden epsom salt 2x12 packs of jiffy pots and something else I forget. Total was $4. Everything garden related is like 50% + off. Unless it's all gone. They are moving Christmas stuff in everywhere.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

That's a ph issue, you can tell where you added nutes and didn't add nutes all the way from the base of the plant. Your feeds give off that dark fan leaf color, and your growth where you straight watered limed up and turned yellowish. The curling comes in from the excess nitrogen, but the yellowish is also curling, which most likely means you need to water, water then feed, not every other. Get a ph meter and you'll be great 6.5 to 6.9 is ideal

Top Bottom