New to the COIR PH runoff higher than what is going in?

• Thread starter NolanRidin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NolanRidin

NolanRidin

i started a new setup, first time on coco for me. I've done my research and know the appropriate levels for entry PH & optimum levels overall.

My mate did the first feed at a PH of 6.8 (while i was buggering about doing other setup stuff) gave him the word it needed to be lower in our veg so I was doing feedings for a week at 5.8 on my transplants and didn't see much change in a 6.6-6.8 runoff. after that I have done a couple just straight water days and am still getting a runoff as above.

is it a matter of giving them a lot of 5.5 water through to properly rinse the substrate? Or are my runoff levels acceptable so far? Or perhaps a flashclean flush?

The plants look healthy, no nitrogen problems and have been on a transplant mix of nutrifeild a+b.

any advice appreciated, my first time asking for advice haha! love the forum.

youngOG

youngOG

its normal for the runoff ph to be a bit higher than the feed
ph climb when plants eat

you need to focus on the EC of the runoff, and be sure to give enough drain to have feed ec = runoff ec, this way you dont let the salts buildup, and reset the ph at the value you choose

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

Be careful adjusting PH inflow and do it very gradually.

CocoaForCannabis web site says 5.5-6.5, Veg Bloom nutrients(which I use) says 5.8-6.1. I did one feeding at 5.5 and it caused a host of weird issues that took a long time to correct.

Like youngOG said, EC of the runoff is the only one to really check. When I check the runoff PH its usually higher like what you experienced.

Top Bottom