new to the game, need info

• Thread starter jingles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jingles

jingles

good day to all, I am on my first grow in hydro, I purchased a ink bird humidity controller, my question is, where in a 4' x 4' tent would be the best place to put the sensor. I have two plants, SCROG.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

good day to all, I am on my first grow in hydro, I purchased a ink bird humidity controller, my question is, where in a 4' x 4' tent would be the best place to put the sensor. I have two plants, SCROG.
In a tent I would have it at the top of or just inside the canopy. It's a simple question with a bit more complicated answer.

You have intake at the bottom so humidity coming in will be at whatever the rooms humidity is.

In the canopy and just above will be your highest reading because this is where transpiration happens and the plants are releasing moisture into the air. For me I want to know what the humidity is around the leaves so I can make adjustments to have the ideal humidity at that location for a good VPD.

But more to this knowing the incoming, canopy and outgoing humidity helps make it easier to fine tune. A 4x4 tent is not a lot of space and I would be most concerned with the canopy humidity.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
But more to this knowing the incoming, canopy and outgoing humidity helps make it easier to fine tune. A 4x4 tent is not a lot of space and I would be most concerned with the canopy humidity.

God damn right its not :(

curses self for not buying a bigger tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

God damn right its not :(

curses self for not buying a bigger tent.
Yeah some tweaking with exhaust you can really adjust the humidity pretty well though as long as enough air exchange for adequate co2. Slowing the air exchange can really help bump up humidity in a dry environment like you have. I think a cloudline T6 with sensor just inside the canopy to shade from light influence would work well for getting the best temp/humidity control.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah some tweaking with exhaust you can really adjust the humidity pretty well though as long as enough air exchange for adequate co2. Slowing the air exchange can really help bump up humidity in a dry environment like you have. I think a cloudline T6 with sensor just inside the canopy to shade from light influence would work well for getting the best temp/humidity control.

Yeah just more shit to buy thats the problem.. I'm almost 2k deep into this and nothing to really show for it yet. discouraging to say the least so more purchases that really are not essential get put on the back burner till i can at least produce A single crop lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah just more shit to buy thats the problem.. I'm almost 2k deep into this and nothing to really show for it yet. discouraging to say the least so more purchases that really are not essential get put on the back burner till i can at least produce A single crop lol
Yeah have to draw the line somewhere

Dr.B

Dr.B

I went $4000 in over two years before I saw my first real return.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Sorry lol. On the other side of that. By the time I hit a good harvest I had payed all of it back to my creditors. My savings on purchased flower vastly outweigh my investment.

See thats what im tryin to do is stop buyin flower and start making it my self.. shits expensive out there.

Dr.B

Dr.B

See thats what im tryin to do is stop buyin flower and start making it my self.. shits expensive out there.
Yep! 100% of the reason I do this. My prescription yearly through the dispensaries is well over 6000$ not covered by insurance. Cancer or not. Now I pay $2400 annually to the utilities, provide my wife's edibles to her for free and cover my own fertilizer and supply costs. Saving $2000 to $3000 a year and smoking so much more weed lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yep! 100% of the reason I do this. My prescription yearly through the dispensaries is well over 6000$ not covered by insurance. Cancer or not. Now I pay $2400 annually to the utilities, provide my wife's edibles to her for free and cover my own fertilizer and supply costs. Saving $2000 to $3000 a year and smoking so much more weed lol

Holy shit!

I'm buyin like 2-4 ounces a month depending on quality ranging from 160 at the best price to 225 the worst price :\

Its not a habit im proud of but shit tolerance sucks and all i do is smoke weed all day lol

So here we are 8 plants deep and hoping no fuckin males! :D

Dr.B

Dr.B

Holy shit!

I'm buyin like 2-4 ounces a month depending on quality ranging from 160 at the best price to 225 the worst price :\

Its not a habit im proud of but shit tolerance sucks and all i do is smoke weed all day lol

Best part is, no matter how many times I've screwed up and despite 4 initial very small harvests. I can f@ck up all day every day and still produce a product that's far superior to government schwag. I haven't purchased weed since late 2018

Dr.B

Dr.B

Holy shit!

Our legal market is charging up to $18/gram. Straight up. Always dry, always garbage. Packaged in 3.5g and 7g containers only...

Latest posts

Top Bottom