New to the growing world and need some advice

• Thread starter Cudder_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cudder_420

Cudder_420

First time grower and I picked up an auto mix from ilgm and hitting the mid of week 7 with little to no stretching from 4/5 plants.... I’m using 2 1000w king LEDs(with both veg and bloom lights on) and have them ab 30 in away from the light trying to induce the stretching on my own. I defoliate lightly but frequently since they went into the preflower stage. PH is between 6.5-7.5, 18/6 cycle, constant 80 degrees 50 rh, happy frog medium(and another slow release soil I just forget)and have been using fox farm nutrients every other day as directed, and using fabric pots. Am I just being impatient or have I stunted the growth of these girls w the defoliation.

New to the growing world and need some advice
New to the growing world and need some advice 2
New to the growing world and need some advice 3
coherent

coherent

Hard to say, some strains stay fairly short and bushy. They look a bit small but not stunted, but I don't have a lot of experience growing autos. I've read some autos don't stretch as much. It's still pretty early and they may take off still. Personally I wouldn't move the light away to induce any stretching. The stretching that they do when flowering is more of a flowering thing that happens because the plant knows it's season is nearing an end and it makes room for buds and flowers then the plant puts resources into the flowers. As far as putting the light too far away, that kind of stretch to get more light is an obvious indicator that they need more. When they need the most light for yield and flower growth is during flowering so give it all you can, don't limit it.

Cudder_420

Cudder_420

Hard to say, some strains stay fairly short and bushy. They look a bit small but not stunted, but I don't have a lot of experience growing autos. I've read some autos don't stretch as much. It's still pretty early and they may take off still. Personally I wouldn't move the light away to induce any stretching. The stretching that they do when flowering is more of a flowering thing that happens because the plant knows it's season is nearing an end and it makes room for buds and flowers then the plant puts resources into the flowers. As far as putting the light too far away, that kind of stretch to get more light is an obvious indicator that they need more. When they need the most light for yield and flower growth is during flowering so give it all you can, don't limit it.
That makes a lot of sense 🤦🏾‍♂️ TY

Dan789

Dan789

Curious about what you’ll think the harvest will be? I don’t grow auto’s, and veg for 2-3 months so the plants get a chance to grow bud sites, but that’s me...
The defoliation is also a big question as to why other than the very bottoms. Sorry, but that’s my truth.

Cudder_420

Cudder_420

Curious about what you’ll think the harvest will be? I don’t grow auto’s, and veg for 2-3 months so the plants get a chance to grow bud sites, but that’s me...
The defoliation is also a big question as to why other than the very bottoms. Sorry, but that’s my truth.
I do light defoliation here and there just to keep the airflow/bud sites clear...I don’t know the true watts of these LEDs so just wanted to make sure the smaller nodes were gettin some light. Also saw it’s a form of LST so I started with that instead of cropping. I’m not sure what I’m going to bring in since it’s my first grow, I’m definitely taking notes on the size and time of the plants to compare for my next ones.

JTShakes

JTShakes

Autos are a unique breed. My buddy had one outside that grew to six inches tall then flowered into one stubby bud. I've personally had one do something similar, it was a foot tall and only produced about 1/4oz. It really depends on genetics. Feeding them every other day is very often, but they don't look too bad so maybe you meant every other watering? Since your plants aren't huge, defoliation isn't that necessary right now. Light penetration should be good for you right now. Good luck and happy growing.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I do light defoliation here and there just to keep the airflow/bud sites clear...I don’t know the true watts of these LEDs so just wanted to make sure the smaller nodes were gettin some light. Also saw it’s a form of LST so I started with that instead of cropping. I’m not sure what I’m going to bring in since it’s my first grow, I’m definitely taking notes on the size and time of the plants to compare for my next ones.
I run the same lights and just so you know...the 1000w are actually equivalent to around a true 600 watt. I'm running 2 in a 5x5 tent and they may not be the best out there but great for the price

Latest posts

Top Bottom