New to this and needing some advice

• Thread starter Lilrkent420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilrkent420

Lilrkent420

Hello everyone,
Some quick background, I love plants, trees and botany in general. I’m big on growing and harvesting my own fruits, vegetables and herbs. Recently a friend of mine gave me a few cannabis seeds and I thought sure I’d like to try my hand at growing. I didn’t know how involved the process could be when I stuck those seeds into pots on my patio.

However, the more I read and learned the more I wanted to do it and continue growing. I’ve learned the difference between male and female plants and out of the 3 plants, 2 were female and I got rid of the male.

As these were mystery seeds, I’m not sure what strain they are, not even sure if she is indica, sativa or a hybrid. I’ve done research but I’ve also heard that the cannabis community is a great way to learn from other and is very helpful. So I decided to come here for some guidance and tips. Hopefully y’all don’t get onto me too bad since it’s my first time trying. My questions are can anyone help with identifying this? I’m not sure when to harvest this, I’m seeing the buds get bigger and the trichomes look white. It’s not a tall plant and I didn’t do much of anything to it. It doesn’t have a loud smell. I didn’t know about LST at the time. Any help and tips are appreciated. I look forward to being part of the community. I can provide more information or pics if needed.

Lily
New to this and needing some advice
New to this and needing some advice 2

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hi there, welcome.

I am new as well and like you i got the itch, the more i grow the more i want to continue growing and I look forward to doing my first indoor grow this winter. Your buds are starting to mature but they are definitely not there yet. One easy way to tell is by all those white pistil hairs in the top picture. I can see she is starting to pack on some trichomes but they are still quite light. both of these are tell tale signs that it's not ready. Once those pistils change color and look more mature and the plant starts producing more trichomes is when it gets a little trickier. I would recommend getting a jewelers loupe with 30X+ magnification so you can use it to examine the trichome heads. It's also very useful for identifying bugs and other issues. Clear trichomes heads are under developed, cloudy white is adolescent so to speak and amber is fully matured. You want mainly cloudy trichomes with some amber mixed in but minimal clear heads. Almost everything is a hybrid between sativa and indica it's just a matter of what percentage. From looking at your buds and leaves I would say it's surely indica dominant. Sativa dominant plants have thinner finger like leaves and the buds aren't as dense.

Lilrkent420

Lilrkent420

Hi there, welcome.

I am new as well and like you i got the itch, the more i grow the more i want to continue growing and I look forward to doing my first indoor grow this winter. Your buds are starting to mature but they are definitely not there yet. One easy way to tell is by all those white pistil hairs in the top picture. I can see she is starting to pack on some trichomes but they are still quite light. both of these are tell tale signs that it's not ready. Once those pistils change color and look more mature and the plant starts producing more trichomes is when it gets a little trickier. I would recommend getting a jewelers loupe with 30X+ magnification so you can use it to examine the trichome heads. It's also very useful for identifying bugs and other issues. Clear trichomes heads are under developed, cloudy white is adolescent so to speak and amber is fully matured. You want mainly cloudy trichomes with some amber mixed in but minimal clear heads. Almost everything is a hybrid between sativa and indica it's just a matter of what percentage. From looking at your buds and leaves I would say it's surely indica dominant. Sativa dominant plants have thinner finger like leaves and the buds aren't as dense.
Thanks for your response. I just ordered the jewelers loupe. I’m looking forward to doing an indoor grow as well during the winter. I haven’t had much fun growing plants during the winter months as much of my work goes into keeping plants from dying from the cold. But I’m ready for this winter and the new projects.

Top Bottom