New to this Help

• Thread starter Aj88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aj88

Aj88

Hello I noticed my indoor plants has white spots I checked for signs of mites and don't see anything, what am I doing wrong and what can I do to save it. Mind you I don't know what I'm doing it's been yrs. I'm not giving it anything but water here and there

New to this help
New to this help 2
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Looks like White Powdery Mold from here..I'm fighting a never ending battle with it as well.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That's definitely spider mites. They are tiny little buggers some people need a magnifying glass or loupe to see them. Buy some Neem oil and mix with warm water, spray every 3 days should take care of the problem. Stir the top couple inches of soil every day to deter females from hiding there.

Aj88

Aj88

That's definitely spider mites. They are tiny little buggers some people need a magnifying glass or loupe to see them. Buy some Neem oil and mix with warm water, spray every 3 days should take care of the problem. Stir the top couple inches of soil every day to deter females from hiding there.
Ok Idk they were that tiny thank you l will try that

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Looks like White Powdery Mold from here..I'm fighting a never ending battle with it as well.
hey bro got a tip for you that works well for the powder mildew,i use to fight it too,i learned that once you have it,the soil will also get it,so when it jumps up my ass,i take the first 2in of soil and dump,problem solved,i kept getting it on my squash plants bad,i get about 3 harvest and replant a year,kept getting it younger and younger in the plant life,mama got to goggling it and found that once it get on the soil from just watering ,it will go down into the soil and stay active,so last 2 years i tried removing the soil from top 2 inches,worked,first time after i found this out ,i dumped all the soil and started over,lot of work in a container garden,got some in my raised bed,hell with that and took top 2 inches off and hadnt been back since

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

hey bro got a tip for you that works well for the powder mildew,i use to fight it too,i learned that once you have it,the soil will also get it,so when it jumps up my ass,i take the first 2in of soil and dump,problem solved,i kept getting it on my squash plants bad,i get about 3 harvest and replant a year,kept getting it younger and younger in the plant life,mama got to goggling it and found that once it get on the soil from just watering ,it will go down into the soil and stay active,so last 2 years i tried removing the soil from top 2 inches,worked,first time after i found this out ,i dumped all the soil and started over,lot of work in a container garden,got some in my raised bed,hell with that and took top 2 inches off and hadnt been back since
TY @oldskol4evr I will try that too..I have been using Trifecta to keep it under control but the outdoor plants now have it too (I had to drag them indoors when the weather got bad)..Those will be getting a copper sulfate treatment and are only in veg..I may have to do a bud wash on a plant or two, but it's better than losing the crop. Shi* sux..once you got it..you got it..like Aids! :mad:

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yeah, either way Neem will take care of spider mites and/or PM. The other option I would suggest, if it is in fact PM, is try a foliar spray with some potassium silicate.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

TY @oldskol4evr I will try that too..I have been using Trifecta to keep it under control but the outdoor plants now have it too (I had to drag them indoors when the weather got bad)..Those will be getting a copper sulfate treatment and are only in veg..I may have to do a bud wash on a plant or two, but it's better than losing the crop. Shi* sux..once you got it..you got it..like Aids! :mad:
im with ya on the weather,rain has been obselet around here for last 10 yrs,el nino moved in last year and i been getting the powder,first sign and the [plants go to ditch with top 2 in soil and reamend with some ewc and compost 3 weeks later fruit hahaah,only had 2 so far,just worked them 3 days ago and already have seedling about 1 in tall,when my veggie garden plants slow down ,i start new ones right were they were ,new roots follow old roots and in about 3/ 4 weeks i be sick of rabbit food again hahah

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

im with ya on the weather,rain has been obselet around here for last 10 yrs,el nino moved in last year and i been getting the powder,first sign and the [plants go to ditch with top 2 in soil and reamend with some ewc and compost 3 weeks later fruit hahaah,only had 2 so far,just worked them 3 days ago and already have seedling about 1 in tall,when my veggie garden plants slow down ,i start new ones right were they were ,new roots follow old roots and in about 3/ 4 weeks i be sick of rabbit food again hahah
I have lived in N. Nevada for over 30yrs and never saw stuff like this. Sure I have seen cold snaps in May and June, but never 2 weeks long! Our summers are short enough without winter storms in May. That's why I begin vegging outdoor plants in February.(inside)

This week shows normal weather on the way and I am hardening off again. Now they are in 15 gallon cloth pots and moving is not that easy.

mancorn

mancorn

Two organics for PM that I've found effective are Actinovate (a biological), and potassium bicarbonate based systemic fungicides like Plant Doctor. (The Plant Doctor will also really green up your plants if used as a foliar spray.) Both are better used from the get go, before you actually get PW.

Also like the neem during veg (but be super careful about applying under lights or sun), and it also can be used as a preventative before you have a PM problem. Don't think it's as effective once you have PM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom