New to this hoping you guys can help me out!

• Thread starter Kodakkflowerz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kodakkflowerz

Kodakkflowerz

Within the next 5 days I will be starting my very first plants. And Im here asking you guys for all the tips and tricks you guys could teach me. I only have basic knowledge at this point but I am actively learning. Im finally feeling confident enough to get started at this point.

So heres what I have so far guys!
*Autoflower seeds
*3 gallon fabric pots
*2×4 grow tent set up wit ac infinity fan and vivosun carbon filter (I work long hours AT TIMES so the system seemed most suited for me)
*A giixer 1000w led light with the dual switches(plugged into a vivosun timer)
*A small 6 inch fan, I plan on purchasing another wit a bit more power
*I have the nectar for the gods one shot as well as the sample kit... (I will not be using the sample kit until i learn more about it when it comes to autos)
*I have a ph meter

A few questions I have
*I want to grow in coco but which do you guys think would be best?
*I want to grow one plant in the one shot and the other without just to see the difference, what would you suggest for the 2nd plant?
* I want to use a 18/6 lighting schedule what do you think?
* Does anybody know a good temp and humidity range for the tent😂 I have found wayyyy too many different suggestions on it!
*PPMs? Hear it a lot so I KNOW its important lmao but no one explains it!?

I know there are some things I'm missing and there are some things I probably dont need so again Im open to any and all info you guys have to give!

Kodakkflowerz

Kodakkflowerz

This is what shes looking like up top

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is what shes looking like up top View attachment 1043837

One tip is to hang the clip fan from a corner pole just above the plants and pointing up a bit towards the light. The breeze will help move heat up and away from the plants and also help draw cool air from the low intake vents up through the leaves which is very important to eliminate stale and humid pockets of air trapped under the leaves.

Kodakkflowerz

Kodakkflowerz

Thank you! My clip wouldn't fit in the corner (safely)so im going to try to pop that part off and use zip ties. The 2nd fan I was planning on placing on the floor of the tent, any thoughts or suggestions on that?

One tip is to hang the clip fan from a corner pole just above the plants and pointing up a bit towards the light. The breeze will help move heat up and away from the plants and also help draw cool air from the low intake vents up through the leaves which is very important to eliminate stale and humid pockets of air trapped under the leaves.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you! My clip wouldn't fit in the corner (safely)so im going to try to pop that part off and use zip ties. The 2nd fan I was planning on placing on the floor of the tent, any thoughts or suggestions on that?

Dont think you need 2 circulation fans in a 2x4. You only want the leaves rustling not the stems bending in the wind.

Here is how i put it in my 3x3 veg tent. And the hand clamp i used to attach the clip fan before you operate.

B7BD4B4B 1ED4 4B09 88CB E169F50D4D62
54011118 E89E 417D AC0B 85109162399B

Kodakkflowerz

Kodakkflowerz

Im not sure of what the best temp and humidity is for the inside of my 2x4 tent but I've left the light and fan set up running for a while with that one fan (placed in that location but a few inches to the left) and the temp easily sits at 90 degrees. So this is my reason for putting another fan honestly. Is it something else I could do to lower the temp or would changing the placement of the fan i already have fix that issue?

Dont think you need 2 circulation fans in a 2x4. You only want the leaves rustling not the stems bending in the wind.

Here is how i put it in my 3x3 veg tent. And the hand clamp i used to attach the clip fan before you operate.

View attachment 1043844View attachment 1043845

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im not sure of what the best temp and humidity is for the inside of my 2x4 tent but I've left the light and fan set up running for a while with that one fan (placed in that location but a few inches to the left) and the temp easily sits at 90 degrees. So this is my reason for putting another fan honestly. Is it something else I could do to lower the temp or would changing the placement of the fan i already have fix that issue?

Your exhaust fan should do the job but try what you got. Just remember cool air in the bottom hot air out the top.

And you may need to exhaust outside the room or even the house to maintain proper temps under grow lights.

Kodakkflowerz

Kodakkflowerz

Thanks that makes sense! Ill power her up again tomorrow and see how these changes help!

Your exhaust fan should do the job but try what you got. Just remember cool air in the bottom hot air out the top.

And you may need to exhaust outside the room or even the house to maintain proper temps under grow lights.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Standard grow room environment is 70-80 degrees and 45-60% humidity.

Above 60% humidity mold and mildew can happen and above 80 degrees may lower potency damaging trichomes and giving heat stress.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wondered what the difference of the fan being on the inside vs outside would be! Ill will test this out as well this out as well!

Fans run cool with the constant air running through i think you need to focus on proper ventilation.

Here is a real good tutorial.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I wondered what the difference of the fan being on the inside vs outside would be! Ill will test this out as well this out as well!
It could drop the temperature a degree or two, and that could be just the difference you need? Keeping all equipment outside the tent if possible is a good general rule, good luck!

Top Bottom