new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ri420patient

ri420patient

i am just purchasing an uc 12 bucket 13 gallon and im going to run 3 1000w raptors and 3 600 drops 1/2 hp chiller and want to use curent cultures new lineup of nutes any help is greatly appreciated i have done soil coco and now going to try this after i seen a buddy of mines

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

good luck ! i will be following , i am also running the same line of nutes .

ri420patient

ri420patient

started taring down the old room tn to make bigger for the new setup ill prob get it done this week a little every day after work plus i had to put a new heating system in before it gets cold here ill be sving a little more money this year on gas so ican spend more on electric lol

good luck ! i will be following , i am also running the same line of nutes .
how have u liked them my friend started using them with his setup he got them for free to try out he really likes them

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your setup!
thanks ill be posting some before and after pics tm

ri420patient

ri420patient

3b
4b
6b

ri420patient

ri420patient

still have to paint and buy the chiller, air pump,recirculatig pump,co2 setup,carbon filter and three more 600s im going to run three 1000 watt raptors and 4 600 watt drops and i just purchased a 24000btu mini split i got for 600 im going to use the cc nutes and i will have a 50 gallon res filled by a ro setup been doing alot of reading on here hoping for a good first run im going to veg in there under metal halides then switch bulbs to hps i was wondering if i could just use the 600s for veg or if i should just use all of them or just the 1000s

T

tipper619sd

Looks dope man killer setup. U are sure to be killing it in there. I think the 600s would do good in veg and then u can up the watts for flower. Keep up the good work man peace.

ri420patient

ri420patient

i seen people on here wrapping the buckets is it best to leave the bottom not wrapped

ri420patient

ri420patient

Word of advise, flip that door around you will thank me lateri screwed up grabbing it if i turned it around it would b even easier to get into just incase even though you could just kick it in if u really wanted to but the other way u could just take out the hinges i have another steel door before that though so i might take that advice seeing how they will probably be pretty bushy

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Leave the bottoms unwrapped just in case of leak or overflow, then you don't have a moisture chill spot..

ri420patient

ri420patient

was wondering about when i setup about filling the system i will be going from ez clone to uc and not sure about where to keep meter in the 55 gallon or epicenter and how to go about adding nutrients should i add them to 55 gallon and let it fill itself as needed the 55 is going to get filled from the ro setup and it will have its own airpump do i always keep that setup ready to go and what about draining and adding water back in any suggestions are great thanks for all responses so far

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I don't like to keep my meters in the same room as my ballast so I keep them out of the rooms and bring a cup to measure. I use my 55 to premix my nutes prior to going into the UC. I have a 160 for my ro, which is what my UC and humidifiers feed off. My Uc has a drain pump outside the epi that with the use of a 3/4in shutoff valve it can drain the UC or pull/push from/to my 55 or Ro tank or hose valve. So if I need to dose I can pump water from my epi to my 55 or through my hose valve to a 5 gallon dose as needed and put back into epi. Hope this helps some on your plan..

ri420patient

ri420patient

at first i was under the impression that i could get my system up and running then use just the 55 gallon and have it fill with the nutes as needed with a float valve but im going to def need a bigger tank so i can do a full change out when needed. do u keep a air pump in the 160 gallon ro

ri420patient

ri420patient

I don't like to keep my meters in the same room as my ballast so I keep them out of the rooms and bring a cup to measure. I use my 55 to premix my nutes prior to going into the UC. I have a 160 for my ro, which is what my UC and humidifiers feed off. My Uc has a drain pump outside the epi that with the use of a 3/4in shutoff valve it can drain the UC or pull/push from/to my 55 or Ro tank or hose valve. So if I need to dose I can pump water from my epi to my 55 or through my hose valve to a 5 gallon dose as needed and put back into epi. Hope this helps some on your plan..

so let me get this straight you pump out of 160 to your 55 mix 55 gallons of nutrients then pump to whatever is needed in the uc system do you take out 5 gallons and replace with 5 gallons of mixed nutrients or just to what is needed to get the right ec. my ballasts are going to be outside the room but i was going to have a tri meter in the uc system ph ec and temp

ri420patient

ri420patient

im confused and just want to get it right the first time maybe after im setting it up ill realize it isnt as hard as im reading it i am a plumber by trade so want to hard pipe everything up nice nice

Top Bottom