New vacuum oven

• Thread starter gamehendge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gamehendge

Just got delivered. Anyone ever used anything quite like this? Still in the trial stages of getting exactly what I want out of it. I'm purging at 63 c for now.. Too hot? Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Gamehendge! I don't have a dessicator oven, but those look amazing. Watch out for lizards in Gamehendge, Gamehendge!

outwest

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

YEP..I USE ONE..THEYRE TITS...
I USE A LIL HIGHER TEMP THEN THAT, BUT I DO LARGER RUNS SO IM GOING FOR SPEED...

Graywolf

Graywolf

Just got delivered. Anyone ever used anything quite like this? Still in the trial stages of getting exactly what I want out of it. I'm purging at 63 c for now.. Too hot? Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated

Hee, hee, hee, purdy new toy!

We use 46C/115F on the low side and 82C/180F on the high end, using a vacuum chamber with hotplate, depending on what we are trying to accomplish.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Never used one, but SICK score! Best of luck and be safe! Motiv

rusty

rusty

Nice! Green with envy :D
I rigged up a ghetto version of Graywolfs setup, I drilled a hole in the top of my plastic desiccator and ran the cord of a candle warmer thru a rubber stopper and hooked the candle warmer up to a light dimmer to control the temp:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a2dmavg87dlhw9/2012-10-17 00.06.55.jpg

I have a lizard cage thermometer I took apart and stick in there with it to give me a general idea of what the temp is. I take the lid off and check with a lazer gun thermometer for more exact readings. But yeah, works okay, I'll prolly mod it up a lil more… but hopefully one of these days maybe I'll be able to afford one of those bad boys!

Top Bottom