New wardrobe grow

• Thread starter steveedg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steveedg

steveedg

hi all just thought i'd show you what i'm upto at the mo i recently made a split level growbox out of an old wardrobe there is still loads to finish off in it but the basic structure is there and being tested for the first time .

In the bottom section there are currently 2 feminised BB cheese which will be put on flower as soon as there is adequate ventilation to allow the doors to be closed permanently in the top section i currently have 5 Dirty Harry seedlings kindly donated by Ukcheesehead .

the plan is to finish flower the BB cheese as soon as possible to make way for the DH as i am going to be keeping a mother from that which will have the majority of the top section to herself.

the bottom section has a 250w hps which will be changed to a 400w when i put them on flower , the top section has 3 x 125w envirolites which are currently hanging straight down but will be placed horizontally once the seedlings require it .ventilation is currently coming from an oscillating fan screwed to the wall outside the wardrobe .

The BB cheese is being grown in a soil mix using ionic grow E.C =1.3 and PH=5.7.I am planning on using the remainder of the ionic bloom i have when flowering is started with canna boost and pk13-14.

The seedlings are being grown in coco which is the first time i've used it so if nothing else it will be a change lol . they have only been given water at the mo .

as i say it is still a work in progress and will be added to throughout the grow as i am used to having a lot more room to play with..

any advice or critism's are more than welcome ..:giggle

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
very neat setup bro!, but get some extraction in there asap.. :sun

steveedg

steveedg

very neat setup bro!, but get some extraction in there asap.. :sun

yeah it's something i'm looking into but for now the doors can be left open as both sets of lights are on 24/7

i'm hoping to have it all sorted by the time the BB cheese have finished flowering (i've got a board to go over the bottom section when they go on 12/12)

steveedg

steveedg

just an update which i forgot to mention all 5 DH seeds have popped there heads above the coco now 30 hrs after putting them in paper towels:)

P

pom

Dude

That is a nice piece of furninchure, hope you dont have to cut to many holes. But just what you have done so far it is very nice. Looks like I'll have to pull a chair and watch this one play itself out.GOOD LUCK

wonka

wonka

thats a really nice cab you got going there.. really looking forward to seeing more of your posts..

M

mr west

looking nice man. Im a drobe grower too but i want to extend out the front of mine about two feet cuz stelth is not an issue.

steveedg

steveedg

looking nice man. Im a drobe grower too but i want to extend out the front of mine about two feet cuz stelth is not an issue.

yeah the stealth side isn't much of an issue here either just down to circumstances at the muinute as my lad is getting to the age where his m8's are coming round and getting nosy ,it's just handy being able to shut the doors for an hour or 2 while they are here i have made a homemade nft box before which worked quite well and also grown in oxypots and a quantum hydro set up as well as the soil grows ... as it stands i just prefer to grow my own than buy it especially with the crap being sold round here at the moment. here's a couple of pics of my last 1 i made the only trouble was it was a bit crowded in there and again it was started with seeds (mr nice critical mass ) and i ended up with around 6 females from 16 seeds

i may do another one similar if i don't like the coco but with only 4 spaces and clones

steveedg

steveedg

flowering ..day 1

22/9/08 .day 1 of 12/12

hi all today i put the 2 cheese on 12/12 i've topped them a couple of times since the last lot of pics as you can see the one on the left has stretched a hell of a lot while the other is looking ok , all 5 DH seedlings are looking well and i can't wait to see if there will be a keeper in them . the wardrobe hasn't changed much yet but i'll keep you updated if i do anything else to it :D

thanks for all your comments

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good Steve, u should get some dank from that cheese!:muscle

H

HATCH

Say Bro Nice Set-Up!!!,,Hey Just A Thought, But In The Top, You Might Get Better Result's, If You Hang Those CFL's Horizontal,,The Lum's & Light All Come From The Side's Of A CFL, Not The End, If You Look Back In Your Pic's, All The Light Is Reflecting Off The Wall's At The Same Height As The Bulb's. & If You Had Them Horizontal???,,The Light Would Be Shinning Down??

Well, Best Wish On A Successful Grow!!~~~~Later, Hatch

steveedg

steveedg

Say Bro Nice Set-Up!!!,,Hey Just A Thought, But In The Top, You Might Get Better Result's, If You Hang Those CFL's Horizontal,,The Lum's & Light All Come From The Side's Of A CFL, Not The End, If You Look Back In Your Pic's, All The Light Is Reflecting Off The Wall's At The Same Height As The Bulb's. & If You Had Them Horizontal???,,The Light Would Be Shinning Down??

Well, Best Wish On A Successful Grow!!~~~~Later, Hatch

yeah cheers hatch the lights will be hung horizontally ..i only put them like that while the seeds sere still small its a job i'm planning on doing this weekend i'll also be transfering them into bigger pots :D

i'll add some more pics once i've done it ..

Quick question if anyone can help?? the pots they are in at the moment say the roots will grow through them so can i just replant the whole pot or shall i take them out of the coco pots and replant as normal:thinking

U

ukcheesehead

yeah cheers hatch the lights will be hung horizontally ..i only put them like that while the seeds sere still small its a job i'm planning on doing this weekend i'll also be transfering them into bigger pots :D

i'll add some more pics once i've done it ..

Quick question if anyone can help?? the pots they are in at the moment say the roots will grow through them so can i just replant the whole pot or shall i take them out of the coco pots and replant as normal:thinking

they are in coco pots ? not plasic ? ive used them b4 and found they hold the roots back. is there roots cumming out of the sides ?

steveedg

steveedg

a couple have just popped out of the bottom i'm replanting this weekend i was thinking about taking them out of the coco pots anyway just wasn't sure if i needed to as the pots label said the roots grow through ?????

btw thanks for stopping by cheesehead yours are looking very tasty

U

ukcheesehead

a couple have just popped out of the bottom i'm replanting this weekend i was thinking about taking them out of the coco pots anyway just wasn't sure if i needed to as the pots label said the roots grow through ?????

btw thanks for stopping by cheesehead yours are looking very tasty

no worrys steve.

steveedg

steveedg

so much for the feminised seeds :no

hi guys just a quick update on the grow ...

only 1 of the 2 cheese plants were female so that has gone to a new home to make way for the dirty harry to go under the hps and i've also got hold of some KC33 X SKUNK from biobizz seeds which are now gereminating to go under the enviro's i'll add more pics soon :yes

steveedg

steveedg

bit of a change!!!!!

as you can see by the pics there has been a bit of a change in the plants i have as we're back to the original ones lol

In the bottom section we have 2 bb cheese , 1 which i gave away and the lone female i had which are back because the "friend" i gave them to got paranoid about having lights on and decided he would put them outside in these weather conditions we'vew been having there are also 4 dirty harry in the bottom 2 have shown to be females as well as 1 other which is now back in veg to be used as a mum as well as a cut from the cheese . this grow will be used as a tester so i can get it right for 6 cuts (3 of each ) for next time round ...both of the cheese came back to me almost dead as they suffered the full force of the rain and wind we had for the last couple of weeks but now seem to be getting back to full health they are being fed on ionic bloom(3rd pic down) as of now while the DH is on canna coco.....havin a bit of trouble uploading all pics at the mo so the rest will be uploaded tomorrow

ps ..don't take any notice of the bathroom as its still undergoing work lol:clapping

as always comments and advice would be welcome :talking

steveedg

steveedg

The mother plants had to be moved!!!

hi all quick update on the grow the DH ended up with 3 females and 2 males which were both binned 1 of the DH has been kept as a mother and also a cutting from the cheese .

height became an issue as there was alot of stretch when i put them on 12/12 so i made a smaller box for the 2 mums to go in using 2 enviro's (the third was broke ), i seem to be getting the hang of the coco now feeding them every 3rd day at the minute ec - 1.6 and ph - 5.8 .

i will post some better pics when i get hold of a decent camera but here's a couple for now

enjoy!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
looking good steve. Can't wait to see them filling out in flower. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom