New Warehouse Build And Grow

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
What's up fellas? After about a year break I am back and in full force. I'm in the middle of building a couple of rooms inside of a 1500 SF warehouse.

I am building two 12'x20' rooms. Unfortunately I am limited to 100 amps at this location. But that's ok, I can make it work. I plan on running the two rooms on a flip flop to maximize production.

The rooms will be completely sealed with 11 non air cooled lights, Co2, AC's, all that jazz.

I'm having a hard time deciding on insulation. I want maximum seal in the rooms along with sufficient insulation. I am considering a one inch layer of spray foam on all the walls then possibly a layer of fiberglass over that. Or I could save money and just deal up every nook and cranny with cans of spray foam and fiberglass insulate the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Here a few photos of progress. I am extremely sick at the moment with the flu so progress is a little slow. Hopefully it will pick up in the next few days.

New warehouse build and grow
New warehouse build and grow 2
New warehouse build and grow 3
New warehouse build and grow 4
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks mastacheeser!

Turns out I didn't have the flu at all. I was actually bit by a black widow. I was fucking miserable for a solid week. I didn't even notice the bite on my ass for a few days. Then it just blew up. Wtffff lol

I'll have some progress pics up tonight.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Kitchens in restaurants use FRP on the walls. Which is something you might consider if you're looking to seal the room and easy to clean. Maybe put this over your insulation. Styrofoam sheets work great for that also.

4 ft. x 8 ft. White .090 FRP Wall Board
The durable Stabilit 32 sq. ft. Plastic Composite Siding Panel is made of polyester resin. This wall siding is rot-resistant and has a cracked ice surface for simple cleaning.

Robert72181

Robert72181

What's up fellas? After about a year break I am back and in full force. I'm in the middle of building a couple of rooms inside of a 1500 SF warehouse.

I am building two 12'x20' rooms. Unfortunately I am limited to 100 amps at this location. But that's ok, I can make it work. I plan on running the two rooms on a flip flop to maximize production.

The rooms will be completely sealed with 11 non air cooled lights, Co2, AC's, all that jazz.

I'm having a hard time deciding on insulation. I want maximum seal in the rooms along with sufficient insulation. I am considering a one inch layer of spray foam on all the walls then possibly a layer of fiberglass over that. Or I could save money and just deal up every nook and cranny with cans of spray foam and fiberglass insulate the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Here a few photos of progress. I am extremely sick at the moment with the flu so progress is a little slow. Hopefully it will pick up in the next few days.
Your thread sounds pretty good mani'm going to sub in for a while

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tagging along! Can't really speak to how best to insulate or any other aspect, so I'm just gonna watch from the shadows if'n ya don't mind.

Really sorry to hear about that black widow bite, too! How fare thee now?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks for sub' in guys! Progress is back on track now that I'm 100% again after the bite. Man did that shit suck. I'm a pretty tough guy and the doctor was amazed at how long I waited to go in, but fuck was I suffering lol.

Anyways here's a photo inside room 1. It's fully framed but I still need to spray foam every nook and cranny. We will be indtalling r15 and some r19 throughout. Then a layer of 6mil vapor barrier and drywall. I went with 12' sheets for the walls and 4x8 sheets for the ceiling. I will be picking up a drywall hanger from HD for the roof.

B

Burned Haze

One of the best tips I was given/received over the years was : installing Goodyear pool liners to floor ( makes a lab grade floor and ultra easy to clean/mop) + install the liner 1-3 feet onto the wall so the wall/drywall is never going to damaged by moisture

Only negative is weight (ship/handling )cause they make Custum sizes and so forth .

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

We insulate all of our walls with fiberglass insulation just like a house. If you compare r-values on different products it is hard to beat the standard. I have thought about getting those jumbo spray foam insulation sprayers but it's expensive, and sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with those tanks.
I use some stuff I think is like the frp board. I get it at home depot it is like a pvc paneling 4'x8'x1/6", it kicks ass. Cleans easy I build sloping wood floors and sheet them with that stuff and silicone the joints and it works great. I have a 2 year old floor sheeted with that stuff, no paint or sealer and wood still looks new
Epoxy floor is a must. Get the good stuff from a paint store though home depot stuff sucks.
I like to put a bunch of green lights in the rooms. About 1 per grow light. I just use the 2$ ceramic sockets and put them all on one switch. I use green led bulbs, not green painted incandescent bulbs.
What are you planning on for lighting and a/c. I love my new nanos, we are running some gavitas and they kick ass but I hate the vertical ballast, and plastic sockets
With just 100 amps I would run some super efficient mini splits

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I use a a roofing product called TPO
for the floor and the perimeter walls. You can buy it at most commercial roofing suppliers. It's a .45 mill. Material that's white it reflects the UV from the lamps so it gets deeper canopy penatration. Also it is fully adhered to the floors and walls so there's no need to spray foam or kaulk any seams in Sheetrock. Also when cleaning time comes you can spray everything down with a hose basically you'd be building a giant swimming pool. And indoors it will last forever rather than on a roof it will last 20 years ( as you can tell I'm a commercial roofer by trade). I use it in bolth veg and flower rooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom