New with no clue

• Thread starter Greenmom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmom

Greenmom

I was given two plants. I have never grown anything before. I am not a person that gives up and I tend to go overboard trying to “win”. So I have these two plants that were in these little 3inch pots but were a good 2 1/2 feet tall. I went to the local grow store and got soil and much larger pots. My son let me use two led lights and a timer to get me on my way. So it’s been a good 4 weeks. My plants are SO tall and my whole house stinks. I need to move this along so I can get my life back. All I do it read about what to do, how it should look, what can happen and I won’t even mention how many videos I have watched. Yes I’m obsessed and I need to stop. Because I don’t know what I am doing, I have decided to just go ahead and move them to the next stage…..what’s the worst that can happen???….they die?….I get my life back? Right now they are on 16/8 light schedule. I just spent the better part of 4hrs transforming one of my bathrooms to be completely blacked out so they won’t get any interrupted darkness and at 7pm tonight in they will go to their new home. From this point forward I shouldn’t have to much studying to do BUT as the day gets closer I am going to have to learn what to do with them as soon as they are “ready” or “done” with this phase. Ugh. Did I mention I read up on cloning so I thought I would give that a try as well. Yea….I cloned four. That was before I knew what I was getting in to. Not sure what’s gonna happen to those cute guys but they will not be getting this same treatment. Apparently I’m pretty good at this…maybe it’s because I don’t smoke. I’m just a grandma that can’t quit but wants her life back.

New with no clue
Jakecan

Jakecan

For the record those plants look healthy and happy! I think you're going to be just fine and will get a nice little harvest at the end of it :)! Since you're already cloning and doing a lot of studying, next you should look in to topping and LST!

Greenmom

Greenmom

For the record those plants look healthy and happy! I think you're going to be just fine and will get a nice little harvest at the end of it :)! Since you're already cloning and doing a lot of studying, next you should look in to topping and LST!
Thank you I will start looking into that now!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They are looking pretty good.
What kind of soil is that?
How often do you water?
How often do you feed and what?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, I just looked up Lush. That's some really good organic soil. I may switch to it. I need to get a bag and do some testing.
All you need is water.
How often do you water and how much water do you give?

Greenmom

Greenmom

Ok, I just looked up Lush. That's some really good organic soil. I may switch to it. I need to get a bag and do some testing.
All you need is water.
How often do you water and how much water do you give?
I water every 3 days and the amount was a learning process. At first I over watered so had to suck up the runoff and reuse on the next watering day. Now I’m at one full solo cup per plant every three days with no runoff

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The main thing to prepare for now is the stretch, that will go on for the next 3, sometimes 4 weeks. This is why you need to play with LST and HST (or "super cropping").

You will be surprised how much physical punishment a plant can take and not seem to care.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I water every 3 days and the amount was a learning process. At first I over watered so had to suck up the runoff and reuse on the next watering day. Now I’m at one full solo cup per plant every three days with no runoff
Here is a guide to watering in soil.

Greenmom

Greenmom

The main thing to prepare for now is the stretch, that will go on for the next 3, sometimes 4 weeks. This is why you need to play with LST and HST (or "super cropping").

You will be surprised how much physical punishment a plant can take and not seem to care.
I looked up the LST but I can’t figure it out

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Light Stress Training.
It is bending the plant gently to force it to grow a different direction.
Very much like Bonsai trees.

Greenmom

Greenmom

See?! Already you know more than you did!
I do 😊. I made the decision to wait and move them tomorrow. Going over to the hydroponic store tomorrow and pick up some “training” tools and some mesh trellis. Me weaving the trellis is just time I will never get back. Also will repot the clones tomorrow and decide what is in their future.

Top Bottom