New Year - New Diy - Uc Style Rdwc

• Thread starter mandalaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mandalaman

mandalaman

This is what I was hoping to get away with, but you are saying I have to insert the green line in through the bottom of the tank?
Bucket

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yep green line thru the bottom of tank. But it looks like you have a pvc pipe and valve coming off the bottom of the blue tank right now?????? Or am i imagining???? lol
And the green line has to be higher on the res side than the control bucket side.. and thats all there is too it

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Everything looks good but where you enter the blue bucket. I know you dont want to but your gonna have to drill a hole 1/2 inch from the bottom. I think its a 3/4 bit for the 1/2 inch grommets. Im sorry brother, got to do it!

One other thing, very importain!!!!!!!! Where you put that float valve is extreamly importain!!!!! You want it placed exactly where you can control your water level in the perfect zone! The perfect zone is...... As you will see you can ajust the float angle just like in a toilet. You want it so you can make the water level come up flush with BOTTOM OF NET POT IN GROW BUCKETS!!!!!!!! BUT ALSO so that you can ajust it to drop the water level from that top set point. I know that might be a little confusing but you smoke and think on it and i promise we get-r-done :)

mandalaman

mandalaman

Yes the blue tank has a spigot I made in it just so I can fill up buckets to make nutes etc. Maybe I'll do a Y on that spigot so I don't have to empty it and drill another hole.

And sounds like I wanna drill the hole for the float valve below the net pot bottom and then angle the float up a bit so it default fills to flush with the pots but can be angled down to lower the water level if need be?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes the blue tank has a spigot I made in it just so I can fill up buckets to make nutes etc. Maybe I'll do a Y on that spigot so I don't have to empty it and drill another hole.

And sounds like I wanna drill the hole for the float valve below the net pot bottom and then angle the float up a bit so it default fills to flush with the pots but can be angled down to lower the water level if need be?
thats exactly what you do brother!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well no... Actually you want it just right above so you can angle it down, otherwise water wants to leak at the opening for the float valve. You want the bottom of your float valve hole 1/4 inch up from bottom of net pot...

mandalaman

mandalaman

It's all setup. Decided to go 2 sites only. Would be tough setting up 4 with PVC tubing parts. All parts are connected but I can't get the water pump to work. I tested it will work as a submersible but when I hook the intake up to a hose and the T connector it doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's all setup. Decided to go 2 sites only. Would be tough setting up 4 with PVC tubing parts. All parts are connected but I can't get the water pump to work. I tested it will work as a submersible but when I hook the intake up to a hose and the T connector it doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong?
You got to prime the pump... suck water thru as you have the pump on...

mandalaman

mandalaman

Well that seemed to do the trick! I also swallowed some bleach :cool: that's not good for you. I don't recommend it.

Here's some pictures, I took it apart to seal it together. Am I ok to use the cement I pictured here to seal the pipes and fittings? Also running bleach through three water pumps/tubing and some misc items in the sink if you're wondering wtf that is. See if you can spot all three water pumps :)

Doing some dabs, enjoying some Lucy and being very productive. But yeah, wanna make sure that cement is fine before I get into it. Thoughts?

Thanks my man! You e been super helpful.

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well that seemed to do the trick! I also swallowed some bleach :cool: that's not good for you. I don't recommend it.

Here's some pictures, I took it apart to seal it together. Am I ok to use the cement I pictured here to seal the pipes and fittings? Also running bleach through three water pumps/tubing and some misc items in the sink if you're wondering wtf that is. See if you can spot all three water pumps :)

Doing some dabs, enjoying some Lucy and being very productive. But yeah, wanna make sure that cement is fine before I get into it. Thoughts?

Thanks my man! You e been super helpful.
No problem brother.. I want to see you rock this! As for the cement, im sure you are but i would see if i could get a second opinion.

mandalaman

mandalaman

How much did the bulkheads cost you?

$12.30+ Tax. And worth every penny. I got a home brand bulkhead to put on that 18g blue bucket. Holy shit the leaks never ended. I had to use an entire tube of JB Waterweld to seal it. I did get lucky and had a Y connector floating around!!! So I don't have to drill into the bitch and each part of the Y has its own valve. Score :)

IMG 2696

Latest posts

Top Bottom