New Zealand strain Coromandel Gold!

• Thread starter Tonic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tonic

Hi there

A good friend and fellow grower returned from NZ recently with several seeds of local strains. One of these is called Coromandel Gold. Coromandel is the reigon and the Gold is just because it is a gold mining area.

He said that it is a mostly sativa but very very strong with a fruity but unique taste. The grower he aquired them from said straight up that this is some of the best weed in the country and my friend fully agreed. Said his eyes have never been so red!!

I think its a bit of a stab in the dark but if you have any info i would be very greatfull to hear it.

So here are some pics to get you drooling. I am going to be poping the beans in the next couple of weeks to begin to line breed the strain, will keep you posted on the results.

Img 3592resize

Img 3593resize

Img 3594resize

Cheers
T.

F

fuzzy

Very Nice Find

That shit looks Awesome!Very,very nice find.peace,fuzzy

W

waiomuborn

GOOD"OLD"DAZE
Grew up around these parts coast line and veiws just like the strain.......blow you away,thanks for the mems

Bambi

Bambi

hello; - being a kiwi myself & growing the same or only landrace sativa with in Nz long ago ive some info on the plant you might like to no ''
The corramandel region is near wellington the bottom of the north island and just below it in the sth island regions of Nelson and Blenheim turn out Gold looking pistols also, well just about any green type brands all turn gold due to the Suns Rays in those regions, where as further south the same plant finish's with light purple pistols unless it gets too cold outdoors they'd turn very purple showing there near death if the stalks /leaves/flowers are left to get this way or are dead when this happens, some are merely less potent we found in the long ago time;

It was quite good shit like said above, very good for Stopping Conversations into a more silent psych type of 2 - 3 hour high if they were the Sativas, - inbreeding brought through its indica phenotype with myself & friends seeds, well accidental inbreeding really, we were only 14 - 16 yrs of age back then and usually got to our own crops to late to pull out the males like our older siblings tried to teach us so we got more Sensemilla buds as they were called back then via the Spanish meaning for seedless buds for those unaware "

I got given some old nz bush sativa seeds recently but wont know if there the real deal till I'm roughly half way through the grow I guess, - if they are the real deal I do know a nice looking true breeding skunk line could be breed into this form again as ours were heading or looking more like skunk num/01 plants, - these seeds I saved were old and never grew tails when I tried a lot of ways to do this using incubators etc 8 years ago, Alsas if only I knew back then to have kept them in a colder place or fridge some would have grown tails surely.

KC - brains breeder is the only other seed maker I know whose used to real Nz bush sativa we called it, he made a hybrid of sorts but the stretch is still there, - ours would get as tall as 12 - 16 foot in height not tipped and the only indica seed plant I ever seen grew about 4/half foot high with that sewerage stench California indica's were known for and the most likely candidate for Origin of genetics, possibly via the early usa Army visiting here on the way to Vietnam war or more likely handed over to kiwi solider's whom bought it back and eventually A'climitized itself to the outdoors in Nz quite well and could be harvested as soon as mid to late April ! - fast for a sativa dominant plant eh.'' - b

Azztechstoner

Azztechstoner

Y
hello; - being a kiwi myself & growing the same or only landrace sativa with in Nz long ago ive some info on the plant you might like to no ''
The corramandel region is near wellington the bottom of the north island and just below it in the sth island regions of Nelson and Blenheim turn out Gold looking pistols also, well just about any green type brands all turn gold due to the Suns Rays in those regions, where as further south the same plant finish's with light purple pistols unless it gets too cold outdoors they'd turn very purple showing there near death if the stalks /leaves/flowers are left to get this way or are dead when this happens, some are merely less potent we found in the long ago time;

It was quite good shit like said above, very good for Stopping Conversations into a more silent psych type of 2 - 3 hour high if they were the Sativas, - inbreeding brought through its indica phenotype with myself & friends seeds, well accidental inbreeding really, we were only 14 - 16 yrs of age back then and usually got to our own crops to late to pull out the males like our older siblings tried to teach us so we got more Sensemilla buds as they were called back then via the Spanish meaning for seedless buds for those unaware "

I got given some old nz bush sativa seeds recently but wont know if there the real deal till I'm roughly half way through the grow I guess, - if they are the real deal I do know a nice looking true breeding skunk line could be breed into this form again as ours were heading or looking more like skunk num/01 plants, - these seeds I saved were old and never grew tails when I tried a lot of ways to do this using incubators etc 8 years ago, Alsas if only I knew back then to have kept them in a colder place or fridge some would have grown tails surely.

KC - brains breeder is the only other seed maker I know whose used to real Nz bush sativa we called it, he made a hybrid of sorts but the stretch is still there, - ours would get as tall as 12 - 16 foot in height not tipped and the only indica seed plant I ever seen grew about 4/half foot high with that sewerage stench California indica's were known for and the most likely candidate for Origin of genetics, possibly via the early usa Army visiting here on the way to Vietnam war or more likely handed over to kiwi solider's whom bought it back and eventually A'climitized itself to the outdoors in Nz quite well and could be harvested as soon as mid to late April ! - fast for a sativa dominant plant eh.'' - mate what are you talking about the coromandel is in there Waikato south east of auckland iv lived here my entire life

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Hi there

A good friend and fellow grower returned from NZ recently with several seeds of local strains. One of these is called Coromandel Gold. Coromandel is the reigon and the Gold is just because it is a gold mining area.

He said that it is a mostly sativa but very very strong with a fruity but unique taste. The grower he aquired them from said straight up that this is some of the best weed in the country and my friend fully agreed. Said his eyes have never been so red!!

I think its a bit of a stab in the dark but if you have any info i would be very greatfull to hear it.

So here are some pics to get you drooling. I am going to be poping the beans in the next couple of weeks to begin to line breed the strain, will keep you posted on the results.

View attachment 75758

View attachment 75759

View attachment 75760

Cheers
T.
looks to be really dense good looking let everyone how this project works out .

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Huge Kiwi fanboy. Iā€™ve been to that area several times. Kiwis are wonderful folks. The country is beautiful. The All Blacks play way it was meant to be played (vs the Northern Hemisphere). Would love to get some seeds! Any idea of the expected THC%?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Grew it in Dunedin for a few years when I lived in NZ some of the darkest weed ever grown from that area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom