Newbie and 1st time grower

• Thread starter Freemans29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freemans29

Freemans29

Hello,

My husband and I are trying a first time grow, with a grow tent in our garage. We got two clones 7 weeks ago and this is how they look now.
Short one is GG4 and the other is Platinum OG. Looks like we are entering the flowering stage!

Newbie and 1st time grower
Newbie and 1st time grower 2
Newbie and 1st time grower 3
Newbie and 1st time grower 4
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hello,

My husband and I are trying a first time grow, with a grow tent in our garage. We got two clones 7 weeks ago and this is how they look now.
Short one is GG4 and the other is Platinum OG. Looks like we are entering the flowering stage!
Welcome to the farm.

Plants look really good for a first timer, congratulations.

Freemans29

Freemans29

I have them under 24 hr light. When should I change that?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Oops ok. Did I harm them? I’ll start now
well doesn’t look like it, if you want the plant to start to flower, make buds, than the hours have to be 12 on 12 off..
you feeding them? what?
you prepared for flowering? nutes, light.. etc?

Freemans29

Freemans29

I have tiger bloom to feed them. Wasn’t sure when to start it.

I have the lights and everything yes. Just put a bigger fan in because it’s getting warmer.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok well you have to decide when you want to start flowering, the plants look a good size to switch but you can grow longer than switch.. tbh i’ve never seen least don’t think so a plant go from 24 hr light for all veg, than a switch to 12/12.. mmm?
probably ok, but maybe someone else knows best..
just wait there will be more replies..

Freemans29

Freemans29

ok well you have to decide when you want to start flowering, the plants look a good size to switch but you can grow longer than switch.. tbh i’ve never seen least don’t think so a plant go from 24 hr light for all veg, than a switch to 12/12.. mmm?
probably ok, but maybe someone else knows best..
just wait there will be more replies..
Ok thank you. They are still growing soo much. Bigger every day

Billymgb

Billymgb

flip the light to 12/12 anytime once you start to see the pistils then start counting your weeks in flower, good luck bud.

Freemans29

Freemans29

flip the light to 12/12 anytime once you start to see the pistils then start counting your weeks in flower, good luck bud.
So I see the pistils now. So I should switch to 12/12 and start feeding? How many weeks in flower?

Billymgb

Billymgb

So I see the pistils now. So I should switch to 12/12 and start feeding? How many weeks in flower?
Are they auto's ? If they are not auto's you should not be able to see the pistils yet. You will see pistils about a week after you flip the lights. you keep feeding them as you were and add a bloom booster to your nutes.

Eggxit

Eggxit

I highly suggest marking down the start of Week 1 flower. This is especially important so you know where exactly you are during the entire flowering cycle & determine when harvest is. As you might know harvest can vary from strain to strain because it’s genetics are very different. White Runtz for example is a 9 week strain vs GG4 is 8 weeks.

Freemans29

Freemans29

Are they auto's ? If they are not auto's you should not be able to see the pistils yet. You will see pistils about a week after you flip the lights. you keep feeding them as you were and add a bloom booster to your nutes.
I don’t know if they are auto’s or not. I have not been feeding them anything but water. I bought the clones from a dispensary. Are these pistils in this pic? I don’t even know what nutes are 🤷🏼‍♀️ sorry newbie!

Billymgb

Billymgb

No they are not pistols when they appear you will know. But it's ok that you don't know because it is all about learning. Nutes are nutrients that you mix with water. What are you growing in, as in dirt coco or whatever.

Freemans29

Freemans29

No they are not pistols when they appear you will know. But it's ok that you don't know because it is all about learning. Nutes are nutrients that you mix with water. What are you growing in, as in dirt coco or whatever.
Thank you! This is the soil they are planted in.
AE2915BC 89A0 45B2 B98E 3EA4E97D5C35

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

There photoperid plants, You can keep them in veg as long as u want, when you decide there big enough cut your light cycle to 12/12 and flower them, my cousin has had a plant in veg for over 5 years and once in a while will clone it and then flower it, as long as there healthy it's up to you, allso nice job for first time plants look nice and healthy, so welcome.

Billymgb

Billymgb

I am pretty sure that the first little while you only have to water them but now you need nutes. They have dry granulated nutes that you put on top of the dirt and when you water it feeds the plants. You should ask around as to what nutes to use
I use house and Garden good luck peoples.

Freemans29

Freemans29

There photoperid plants, You can keep them in veg as long as u want, when you decide there big enough cut your light cycle to 12/12 and flower them, my cousin has had a plant in veg for over 5 years and once in a while will clone it and then flower it, as long as there healthy it's up to you, allso nice job for first time plants look nice and healthy, so welcome.
Thank you for the info. What type of nutrients do you suggest I use?

I also have tiger bloom. When should I start using that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom