Newbie and having trouble

• Thread starter Tony9931
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tony9931

Tony9931

New here have been trying to grow for about 2 months I’ve tried 5 plants and all died except 1 that is about 60 days old and was extremely stunted as I was growing in a small soil pot. I transplant into a dwc and it was doing really good but now I have droopy leaves I’ve checked for root rot and don’t see any issues but I don’t know please help. The bigger plant is some random seed and the seedling is a northern lights at 6 days old

Newbie and having trouble
Newbie and having trouble 2
Newbie and having trouble 3
Cookie_Monzter215

Cookie_Monzter215

Would you share a photo of the roots, ec levels, pH, and water temp in addition to your water change practice?

It's usually best ime if you intend transplanting to a hydro setup to use rockwool or coco for germination or propagation. Starting from soil and transplanting into a dwc can be a more difficult transition for the plant, especially if the parameters are not met (soil is much simpler in regards to maintenance).

Are you running a sterile system or microbial?

Water temps directly affect the dissolved oxygen levels in the water column which is crucial for deep water culture applications. Keep your water temps between 68-72f, a water chiller may be required in warmer months.

Per the photos you provided, the issue may be related to a variety of culprits including pH, water temp, inputs, roots, lockout, etc.

Perhaps a pH lockout but no idea without more info.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

@Aqua Man
not sure how to help as not a hydro grower myself.
good luck man!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So root pics. And reduce the light intensity a lot for now.

Nutrients used and ppm?
Ph of res?
Temp of res?
Rh and air temps?
Any additives used?
Water change schedule?

Top Bottom