Newbie Canna Questions

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have just recently started with Canna Aqua in ebb and flow system. Couple of questions for anyone who can help.

First, I am really confused about suggested ec in canna calculater from the canna site. If i put in qty of vega plus rhizo, plus cannazyme the ec is way higher than what they suggest. Does their suggested EC just apply to water + vega nutes or does it include rhizo and canazyme?

If just the vega nutes used per calculater come out higher ec than what it should be should i use less or should i just use the amount they suggest and not worry about it?

Also lots of folks talk about using CalMag with canna, when should I use this? Do I add same time as i add the canna vega?

Its been one week since I put the seedlings into the system and I felt like i may not have done great job with the nutes so I emptied most of the res today and put in fresh water adjusted for ph and added rhizotonic only, no nutes till tomorrow because rhizo says to use with low ec for best results so I figure will go a day with just water and rhizo then add in vega and cannazyme tomorrow.

Stoned....

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What up JB. I can't answer all your questions because I don't have experience with Canna Aqua. I will tell you, you usually need to supplement Cal/Mag if you're using Reverse Osmosis water, distilled water, or rain water.

Sounds like you're taking the right approach. Also, keep in mind these guys are trying to sell nutrients and often double the true optimum amounts.

J

John Ditchweed

I always use half of what any product tells you to......... at least till you have used it enough to get a feel for the product............ if plants are in there frist few weeks I often use less then that, just to be safe................ I always use cal mag but my tap water sucks ass.......... just take it easy with the nutes at frist and you should still be able to grow some nice pot........

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I also start with half or less and work your way up from that . With my seedlings I start with 1 to 2 ML per gallon but I hand water in coco . If ya want I can post some fresh seedlings pix later that are about to get the first feeding

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Ok, thanks for the info guys, i think i know what i need to do now. One follow up though- if target EC is, for example, 1.6, does that mean 1.6 with veg nute + cal mag + rhizotonic + cannazyme? Or is it just 1.6 for veg nutes and then add everything else on top of that?

(just picking 1.6ec as example)

Thanks again! Any of you going to be in amsterdam for 420? Would be great to smoke a spliff with all of you.

JB

H

HazeVentura

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, thanks for the info guys, i think i know what i need to do now. One follow up though- if target EC is, for example, 1.6, does that mean 1.6 with veg nute + cal mag + rhizotonic + cannazyme? Or is it just 1.6 for veg nutes and then add everything else on top of that?

(just picking 1.6ec as example)

Thanks again! Any of you going to be in amsterdam for 420? Would be great to smoke a spliff with all of you.

JB

1.6 should be your final EC , all together.

I have had good resultes with 30 ml Canna / 10 L water

and the rhizo...... save that money for a good Booster....

peace HV

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Listen to HV there, he's pointing you in the right direction. EC is a cumulative measurement.

J

John Ditchweed

say you are shooting for 1.6 ec as your final reading you are going to want say 1.0 to be your base nutes and then .6 to be your additives............. not saying that is what you are shooting for exactly but I would make 2/3 of my reading be base nutes if it where me and the other 1/3 additives............ you can go either direction from there with what works best for you

I would love to come to the dam for the frist time but chances are I will miss out this year as well

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Just a quick update- So far all seems to be going pretty well.

I have been really happy with how stable PH has been. I think it is 1- because of canna nutes and 2- because i ran the system with the clay rocks and ph adjusted water for couple weeks before putting anything in system. Just very little bit of ph down and tap water have been stable between 5.8-6.2... (stoned again)...

Top Bottom