Newbie Coco grow fail - please help!

• Thread starter MrFatGangster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrFatGangster

are you sure you are using coco alone and not with some sort of top soil?
The brick packaging it came in says it’s 100% coco fibers. It’s Burpee brand from the gardening center at Home Depot. I can see some of the bits that may have stuck together, but this is 50/50 coco/perlite.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I had them at about 200 ppfd but lowered now to 150 ppfd unless you think that’s still too much I have no problem adjusting to what’s necessary! Thank you Aqua man for letting me know.
how are you checking pofd? That’s probably where its going wrong. Blurple light and pofd is very tricky.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

wow, thats like 8x the power
Yep

keep this bookmarked brother.

select 3500K LED

punch in 10,000 lux and it will be like 160ppfd.

Then change the selection to red+blue LED and hit calculate. Alamost 900 ppfd.

it has to do with the green spectrum missing as some meters take lix readings and convert to ppfd. Lux meters do this conversion based on the green spectrum.

all apps use lux and mist cheaper meters. Photone app does as well but uses the proper conversions if you have the paid version and select the appropriate settings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

M

MrFatGangster

Yep

keep this bookmarked brother.

select 3500K LED

punch in 10,000 lux and it will be like 160ppfd.

Then change the selection to red+blue LED and hit calculate. Alamost 900 ppfd.

it has to do with the green spectrum missing as some meters take lix readings and convert to ppfd. Lux meters do this conversion based on the green spectrum.

all apps use lux and mist cheaper meters. Photone app does as well but uses the proper conversions if you have the paid version and select the appropriate settings
Wow that’s fantastic to know thanks a million Aqua man! I actually have the paid version of that app as well I just was unsure how reliable it was because I only paid $4.99 for the led full spectrum modes. But it’s saying pretty much what the lux meter from Amazon is but about 800 lux or 25 ppfd off so pretty close.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maannn I feel so bad for these plants. They’ve been through the ringer.
I sont those plants just suffered so you could gain some very valuable knowledge and not harm anymore of their kin in this manner lol.

give em like 100ppfd (proper ppfd) and in about a weeks time they will be good as new providing the reat of your parameters are good

M

MrFatGangster

I sont those plants just suffered so you could gain some very valuable knowledge and not harm anymore of their kin in this manner lol.

give em like 100ppfd (proper ppfd) and in about a weeks time they will be good as new providing the reat of your parameters are good
Sounds good, I’ll do that and hope for the best. I’ll keep up with all this sage advice. Thanks again guys for your inputs!

M

MrFatGangster

Also make sure if using the photone app that you make and use the diffuser they suggest… ir youll be cooking cannabis again
Got it! I saved it in the tent side pocket from when I first downloaded the app and upgraded. Crazy how a phone wrapped with a piece of paper could be used as a ppfd meter.. I’m for it though!

M

MrFatGangster

make sure the app is calibrated to the light
I see when calibrating it says that it’s all set and that for most accurate results to use the diffuser method, which I’ve done, but now that I’ve fully explored the menu I see I purchased the wrong expansion pack! I need to solely use the LED Red/Blue for an additional $5.99 boy I tell you these app developers must be living high and mighty lmao!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom