Newbie custom fridge grow box

• Thread starter Fridgegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know I have read it somewhere but what is the ideal leaf temperature range? Under LED's
Without CO2 75-77f without infrared you can typically add about 5-8f for air temps to reach those leaf temps. At least in my experience

Last edited:
Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Hi guys, not been around for a couple weeks had a few family problems. But now that's all sorted I'm back.
I realised my problem with the rusty leaves... My light was too close, how embarrassing! I had it in my head a 300w led light wasn't going to do any damage but man was I wrong, but we live and learn, there's always another grow lol.

I know that its probably going to effect the final yield, but not sure how much.
Ive got a jewelers loupe and there's 1 or 2 places that have Amber trichs, the rest look clear so am I right in thinking I'm good to leave it a bit longer? It's only day 58 today so I'm hoping it's still got a week or 2 left to really bulk up a bit more. The buds look and smell amazing, still lots of white pistils on the lower buds. I do apologise for the quality of my pics no matter what angle I take the photos they never turn out great. Thanks for looking.
IMG 20200703 185856
IMG 20200703 185846
IMG 20200703 185807
IMG 20200703 185757

IMG 20200703 192118

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

so it's day 65 today, lots of Amber trichs now, I think this one is nearing the end, concidering I had the light too close for about a week, and I'm pretty sure I've been under watering it most of its life its not a bad result. I've already planted a SFV OG which is on week 2 after learning a lot on this first grow I'm hoping to do a much better job on this next one. Here a couple of pics of how she looks this morn. I'm thinking about chopping tomorrow, what do you think?

IMG 20200709 145515

IMG 20200709 145525

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey fridge man!
Flowers looking really nice!! You definitely got some good results your first time around. Do you have a jewelers loop Or hand microscope. Either would give you some zoom to see the trichombes On the bud. If they are milky to amber you are good for harvest.
I find that because of the 2-3 week stretch period right before blooming, the 8-9 week flowering generally is realistically about 11 weeks.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Yes I have a loupe, the suger leaves are I would say around 60% Amber, but the buds are still milky.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

I've just had it out the fridge, had a really good look at it, and trimmed some of the larger fan leaves that were blocking light and it's only the top sugar leaves that are starting to go Amber, is it when all the leaves start to go Amber that I want to harvest?
One more pic for you :)
IMG 20200710 133720

Thanks.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Well just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help guiding me through my first grow, it's dried and is curing nicely, got 52g dry. It smells and tastes amazing, makes it even sweeter when you know you've grew it yourself.

Pretty happy with that for a first grow and all the mistakes I made.

Onto the next.

Thanks again. Happy growing.

Top Bottom