Newbie Extractor!!

• Thread starter CannaExtract
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaExtract

Like mentioned , I'm a newbie extractor. Just purchased a turn key system. Most is from best value vacs and Across International

-2lb bidirectional closed loop with dewax column.
-TRS 21 pump
- Ai 9cfm 2 stage pump
- Ai 1.9cf vacuum oven with 5 sided heat
- 5L rotary Evaporator
- PolyScience 7 Liter MX Refrigerated Circulator
- Polyscience LX Immersion Circulator
So wondering is there someone or threads that would help me get started with times, preasures, and temperatures, at an elevation of about 1400ft.

We are starting with a low grade product for the first couple runs to get a little hang of it first. (Don't expect high returns on low material) Then going with God kush and white widow.

So we purchased all this to get medical grade product. We are going to start making edible oil, then doing shatter. The reason we started this is we have 2 family members with cancer. We started with RSO oil and already helped a few people in our area with there cancer. Looking to get atleast one run in before christmas. Going back to our facility on Sunday or Monday. So i'm trying to get as much info as possible before we leave, as there is no internet there.
Can someone please help us extract in the right direction
Thanks

C

CannaExtract

Thanks Graywolf! Great info! Yeah i found out we are at 2200ft not 1400 so i don't know if we will get a full vac!? Is it necessarily to get to a full vac at higher altitudes?
Is there any good sources or case studies on rotary evaporators? temps, times?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks Graywolf! Great info! Yeah i found out we are at 2200ft not 1400 so i don't know if we will get a full vac!? Is it necessarily to get to a full vac at higher altitudes?
Is there any good sources or case studies on rotary evaporators? temps, times?
When you are above sea level, you are already under a partial vacuum, because the weight of the atmosphere pressing down on you is less.

At sea level, it weighs as much as a column of mercury 29.92" tall, and at 2200 feet elevation, only about 27.6" Hg. When your gauge reads 27.6" Hg, you are really at 29.92" Hg. That means that you must adjust your gauge readings, by 2.32" Hg (29.92 - 27.6= 2.32) .

Here is a link to a test that we did on a Hiedolph rotary evaporators, which is chock full of information:
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/evaluation-of-heidolph-instruments-hei-vap-precision-ml-g3/

C

CannaExtract

So my understanding is to fill the evaporating flask half full with the butane hash oil and alcohol/ethanol mixture!?!

So the grey area i'm a little confused! Do i fill the roto chiller with a mixture of ethanol and water or just ethanol?

Thanks again

Graywolf

Graywolf

The rotovape has ethanol and concentrate inside the boiling flask, which is suspended in a hot water bath.

The chilling solution for the condenser can be anything from cold water to a process chiller. We run propylene glycol solutions in our process chillers.

Top Bottom