newbie, first grow!

• Thread starter Murdante
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Murdante

Murdante

Recieved a clone from a friend, vegged for 6 weeks until I was able to get a better light (was only running a 60w blurple, so I'm surprised she turned out so far!).

Into week 5 of flowering now - wedding cake x triple og. Done mostly organic in live soil with some mild nutrient upkeep. Have a 1000w COB full spectrum led on top, and a 400w HPS on the side (maybe overkill?). No tent. Let me know what you think. Editing in some pics

Newbie first grow
Newbie first grow 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello and welcome I don't know about Overkill but it does sound like a lot of light!? Plants looks good!

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The plant will tell you if it thinks it's to much light, better to much than to little

Murdante

Murdante

Looks like she could go a good bit longer
Thanks. Appreciate the heads up. Just hit the 8 week marker, maybe this one will be 9 then?

Looks like other wedding cake x triple og but you likely have a way bigger clue than I haha.

Entropy

Entropy

You did a great job to get your plant this far your first time avoiding nutrient and watering issues that trip up new and experienced growers alike.

From the pictures you posted I noticed you still had a decent amount of white hairs, your plant still looks quite green and healthy and your buds look as though they have some swelling to do yet. Are you mostly going by the breeders suggested flowering time to determine when to harvest?

Murdante

Murdante

You did a great job to get your plant this far your first time avoiding nutrient and watering issues that trip up new and experienced growers alike.

From the pictures you posted I noticed you still had a decent amount of white hairs, your plant still looks quite green and healthy and your buds look as though they have some swelling to do yet. Are you mostly going by the breeders suggested flowering time to determine when to harvest?

Thank you!! It has been a great hobby to have while laid off hah. I'm going per suggestion (and look) of a buddy who gifted Me the clone.

My inclination anyway since this is my first try, was to harvest the plant in 3 ish stages so I can get an effect profile for general time periods of this strain (I am looking forward to amber trichromes and sleepy weed as an insomniac haha).

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you!! It has been a great hobby to have while laid off hah. I'm going per suggestion (and look) of a buddy who gifted Me the clone.

My inclination anyway since this is my first try, was to harvest the plant in 3 ish stages so I can get an effect profile for general time periods of this strain (I am looking forward to amber trichromes and sleepy weed as an insomniac haha).
If you're looking for Amber you've got a way to go! recommend a 60 x scope can be had for under $10 will give you an accurate reading on the trichomes, great job good luck

Murdante

Murdante

If you're looking for Amber you've got a way to go! recommend a 60 x scope can be had for under $10 will give you an accurate reading on the trichomes, great job good luck
Thanks for suggestions and advice!

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Recieved a clone from a friend, vegged for 6 weeks until I was able to get a better light (was only running a 60w blurple, so I'm surprised she turned out so far!).

Into week 5 of flowering now - wedding cake x triple og. Done mostly organic in live soil with some mild nutrient upkeep. Have a 1000w COB full spectrum led on top, and a 400w HPS on the side (maybe overkill?). No tent. Let me know what you think. Editing in some pics
Welcome n your good I have ran 2x600 n a 400 in a 4x4 tent once lmao.

Top Bottom