Newbie Getting Back In To Cultivation

• Thread starter OngSkap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OngSkap

OngSkap

Newbie getting back in to cultivation
Hey all!
It’s been about 7 years since I’ve grown and a lot has changed in the industry. Learning a lot and hoping to give and receive as much info as I can along the way. Spread the love!

Current setup:
7x9 flower (“flower 1”)
2 gavitas de 1000w
Dehum
Air exchange every 2 minutes with inline fans(no ac atm)
Irrigation system
Currently running 10 plants (Seedjunky’s Ice Cream Cake) finishing up 5th week
VegBloom Dirty
Primordial Solutions Sea Green
Big Foot Mycorrhiza w/biochar etc...
Nitrozyme
Sunshine 4 mix

5x7 flower (“flower 2” tester room)
1 de gavita 1000w
Shares dehum and air flow with flower 1
Currently hand watering :/
Same nutrients and grow medium
Got Lodi Dodi and Blackbery Kush going in here at beginning of week 2.

I know a lot of people on here are using these nutrients but not necessarily all in the same mix.
I’m curious what your opinions are on my setup, I’d appreciate any suggestions and/or feedback.

Thanks for the love and support! Stoked to be back in the garden.

-OngSkap

Newbie getting back in to cultivation 2
Newbie getting back in to cultivation 3
OngSkap

OngSkap

It’s stated in the post but I’m running Seedjunky’s Ice Cream Cake, Lodi Dodi and a random BlackBerry Kush from a homie. Really diggin the bushy Lodi, the Ice Cream Cake stretches for the stars. Thanks for the love

OngSkap

OngSkap

Very nice. Welcome to the farm! What strains are you running?
It’s stated in the post but I’m running Seedjunky’s Ice Cream Cake, Lodi Dodi and a random BlackBerry Kush from a homie. Really diggin the bushy Lodi, the Ice Cream Cakestretches for the stars. Thanks for the love

OngSkap

OngSkap

86C172C0 CD0D 40A4 82E9 97618B8463DA
4F93C68A 5199 4A3B 9C88 0EFF00A19E81
A07D5DDE 5505 4197 8D9C 2C158C9C9712
Wanted to give an update on the plants! Got just over 2 weeks remaining and these girls are gettin chunky and startin to fade nicely.
Strain: Seedjunky’s Gelato 33 x Wedding Cake
Feeding with Veg+Bloom Dirty and Shine, Primordial Solutions Sea Green. Just got Big Foot’s Mycorrhizae and Agsil 16h, next round will get all the fixins and run properly. (Didn’t have a ph meter through veg and first 4 weeks of flower...well water comin in at 8.0+) -_-
Thanks for looking.

Ong

OngSkap

OngSkap

17573B77 529A 4CE3 9922 66E3CBD81DD6
805148AE 0CBA 4E68 BA5E 2C870F44D8BF
0356E345 36D5 4062 9D19 02827462083D
And here’s the second tester room cram packed at day 20. Ready to make the move in to the bigger room when the ICC’s come down.
Strains: Lodi Dodi :) BBK and my two ICC mothers got thrown in to flower, got others to replace em.
Same feeding but they’ve been getting the Agsil 16h and Mycos throughout their late veg and into flower. Not a fan of the BBK but I’m so stoked for this Lodi to get stacked.
Thanks for looking!

Ong

3 balls

3 balls

View attachment 859168 Hey all!
It’s been about 7 years since I’ve grown and a lot has changed in the industry. Learning a lot and hoping to give and receive as much info as I can along the way. Spread the love!

Current setup:
7x9 flower (“flower 1”)
2 gavitas de 1000w
Dehum
Air exchange every 2 minutes with inline fans(no ac atm)
Irrigation system
Currently running 10 plants (Seedjunky’s Ice Cream Cake) finishing up 5th week
VegBloom Dirty
Primordial Solutions Sea Green
Big Foot Mycorrhiza w/biochar etc...
Nitrozyme
Sunshine 4 mix

5x7 flower (“flower 2” tester room)
1 de gavita 1000w
Shares dehum and air flow with flower 1
Currently hand watering :/
Same nutrients and grow medium
Got Lodi Dodi and Blackbery Kush going in here at beginning of week 2.

I know a lot of people on here are using these nutrients but not necessarily all in the same mix.
I’m curious what your opinions are on my setup, I’d appreciate any suggestions and/or feedback.

Thanks for the love and support! Stoked to be back in the garden.

-OngSkap
Looking good. I'm curious why you use Bigfoot and not V&B's Life? I always used Great White before switching to V&B and really liked that V&B had a mycorrhizae built into their system.

OngSkap

OngSkap

Looking good. I'm curious why you use Bigfoot and not V&B's Life? I always used Great White before switching to V&B and really liked that V&B had a mycorrhizae built into their system.
No particular reason, I’ll most likely try it out at some point. It was just more of a last minute decision to pick up some mycorrhizae and it’s what my local shop had turned me on to. I gotta order anything from Hydroponic Research online. How have you noticed the +Life in comparison to great white?

A friend of mine who’s working in the industry in Oregon turned me on to VB and he had mentioned after hours of research that +life wasn’t worth the money. But he is inoculating his own beauveria bassiana.

OngSkap

OngSkap

Plus, there’s way more bacteria in Primordial Solutions Sea Green than the +life. I’ve been really looking at nutrients differently than I have in the past. These companies are charging so much for stuff that we can get much cheaper from big Ag companies individually and have it last 3-4 longer.

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

No particular reason, I’ll most likely try it out at some point. It was just more of a last minute decision to pick up some mycorrhizae and it’s what my local shop had turned me on to. I gotta order anything from Hydroponic Research online. How have you noticed the +Life in comparison to great white?

A friend of mine who’s working in the industry in Oregon turned me on to VB and he had mentioned after hours of research that +life wasn’t worth the money. But he is inoculating his own beauveria bassiana.
It may be a redundancy with the other stuff you're using.
The only difference I noticed between Great White and Life was the price, a $70 lb of Life is good for 2270 gallons.
I agree with you on the nutrients racket, I went from using 14 different House and Garden products (mostly paying for water) to 3 V&B powdered components. It's cheap and convenient for me but yes, anybody could buy macros and micros in bulk and save even more $$$.

OngSkap

OngSkap

It may be a redundancy with the other stuff you're using.
The only difference I noticed between Great White and Life was the price, a $70 lb of Life is good for 2270 gallons.
I agree with you on the nutrients racket, I went from using 14 different House and Garden products (mostly paying for water) to 3 V&B powdered components. It's cheap and convenient for me but yes, anybody could buy macros and micros in bulk and save even more $$$.
Ya I feel ya on that. Living in a society of convenience, I’d rather buy something like VB from a store than try and build my own line of nutrients from scratch and inoculate my own substrate.
But I’m thinking for the Bigfoot that there is probably more charcoal in it than anything else. But it seems to be helping a lot more than without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom