Newbie Grower

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickcin

Rickcin

I’m new to growing and I’m growing in our large unfinished basement. My plants are two weeks old, growing in peat pods and I don’t think they look as good as they should.

Im growing in a 2x4 x 6 foot tall tent with a KingLED 1500 watt light 2 feet above the peat pods. I run a small fan intermittently and the peat tray is on a heat mat. Temperate is 75 and humidity is around 60. I keep the pods moist with half ratio GH fertilizer, ph control, etc
What is the problem?

Also, if I run the carbon filter, which is outside the tent, even with a speed controller the tent sucks in which means it’s under “negative pressure” Shouldn’t the tent have make-up air?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Makeup air? Are there flaps down close to the floor?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

More details for more help. Especially lighting. Type, wattage and distance from the seedlings.

Rickcin

Rickcin

More details for more help. Especially lighting. Type, wattage and distance from the seedlings.
KINGLED 1500 watts 2 feet above plant trays that are on a heating mat 75 degrees in the tent with 60% humidity ( humidity will now drop since I opened both flaps) and running a charcoal filter pulling air from the tent.
I just opened both bottom side flaps.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
they look good.,
not advice to you but i don’t think i’ve ever had my tent doors fully closed..

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

He says he’s giving them nutes already. Shouldn’t it be just water still?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
He says he’s giving them nutes already. Shouldn’t it be just water still?
ya i seen that, doesn’t seem to be an issue with them and i see the cotyledon leaves are starting to fade/yellow..
just needs to be patient as the roots are growing, building a foundation for growth above..

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

ya i seen that, doesn’t seem to be an issue with them and i see the cotyledon leaves are starting to fade/yellow..
just needs to be patient as the roots are growing, building a foundation for growth above..
So is that pretty standard then to have them yellow around 1-2 leaf sets? Mine always seem to stay on 3 weeks at least, falling off when the trunk gets too thick to hold them. Just trying to understand what I should expect.....

Rickcin

Rickcin

I read that after one week you start on 1/2 nutrition recommendation. I’m now leaving both vents open, however that will lower the humidity level dramaticall, so I’m thinking I should close them overnight?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So is that pretty standard then to have them yellow around 1-2 leaf sets? Mine always seem to stay on 3 weeks at least, falling off when the trunk gets too thick to hold them. Just trying to understand what I should expect.....
yes same as you l, i find it’s usually after another set or two of leaves, but all strains are different, my wild thailand went forever before needing nutes..
the yellowing could be from too much watering but it doesn’t look like that either.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I read that after one week you start on 1/2 nutrition recommendation. I’m now leaving both vents open, however that will lower the humidity level dramaticall, so I’m thinking I should close them overnight?
no maybe not, as humidity usually rises when lights out,
check after an hour or so of lights out..
get to know your environment at all times!

Latest posts

Top Bottom