Newbie Guide To Security And Precautionary Measures

• Thread starter WickedTomboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

I was reading the thread on growing on a rented apartment and - I gotta admit that temporarily scared the little bejeebus out of me, but I'm calming down now lol. I have some general security questions and if anyone has the answers to them, please feel free and fill me in! I'm like a sponge right now, soaking in and absorbing all the information I can.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in an apartment complex, dispersed buildings all 2 floors. I live on the 1st floor. My grow cabinet is small (Rubbermaid Storage Cabinet inside is a Mylar grow tent 3' x 2' x 5'. I'm growing for self use only, max 3-4 plants at a time. I've invested enough money in a inline fan system with charcoal carbon filter and some ONA deodorizers, furthermore - willing to purchase anything else I might need be be as "stealth" as possible.

This cabinet is located in a corner of my bedroom up against a window. I'm going to put black out curtains up behind it. I smoke marijuana in my apartment frequently and no one says anything (so far). In my building there are 2 other apartments on my floor, and 3 upstairs. They guy directly next door to me smokes cigars ALL day long and stinks up the whole place quite often. Most of the time, because the area is predominantly Indian - the hallways smell of spicy of Indian food. Plus, it's winter upstate NY and the halls are also freezing to death.

a) suggestions on how to keep odor to a minimum when the time comes?
b) since I have the cabinet in my bedroom, would it be wise to put another lock on the bedroom door? p.s. the cabinet itself has a padlock on it as well.
c) my landlord has a key to my apartment, but because we have pets (3 cats and a dog) they can't and won't enter without notice. Should I consider putting another lock on my front door?
d) should I be concerned about material I discuss online or conversations I have online like in these forums?
e) Throughout the entire growth and harvest process, what is the time that the odor is most potent? How is the odor during the time of harvesting/curing?
f) approximately how much should I expect to yield per plant if everything goes relatively smoothly? (Note: I have planted White Widow strain)
g) What are any other extraneous security precautions I should take to help protect myself and my investment?
Fugazi 01
Fugazi 02
Fugazi 01

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

another question in terms of buying supplies/seeds online: is it best to go get one of those pre-paid VISA cards and use that for online purchases? if so, what do you use to put it for your billing address when it inevitably asks for that? Or, perhaps not all sites accept those cards.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm a high rise , high density urban grower. So I feel your concerns.
Double your carbon filter size to twice what is recommended or use 2.
And the smell is strongest ,imo, the last 2 weeks of flower and the first 5 days of drying, or when your trimming.

Best of luck!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
another question in terms of buying supplies/seeds online: is it best to go get one of those pre-paid VISA cards and use that for online purchases? if so, what do you use to put it for your billing address when it inevitably asks for that? Or, perhaps not all sites accept those cards.

Not really, Those pre-paid visa cards require a SSN to be used for any international purchases , so it would still be traced back to you... You can thank a random money laundery act or some shit for that one..

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Ha def putting lock on every damn door wouldn't want anyone stealing my sheets now lol :rolleyes: tanks I'm quite fond of Miley myself, she looks like my ex gf except she didn't crush my heart like a bug but I digress.

A question I've always had is, how do people like us who go online and participate in forums like this not get traced ? Clearly everyone can and probably is being watched somehow no? Even with a proxy server.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ha def putting lock on every damn door wouldn't want anyone stealing my sheets now lol :rolleyes: tanks I'm quite fond of Miley myself, she looks like my ex gf except she didn't crush my heart like a bug but I digress.

A question I've always had is, how do people like us who go online and participate in forums like this not get traced ? Clearly everyone can and probably is being watched somehow no? Even with a proxy server.

Why would everyone be watched? and by who?

Theres forums related to far more illegal shit then marijuana, shroomery for example... Don't see the users of that forum going down for the past decade or more :D

no one really has the time or resources to investigate every user.. If your big enough to know about then im sure there going to find out about you not from a forum ;)

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

I have no idea lol I'm just super paranoid and overly aware I guess. I mean clearly thousands of people are talking online in forums like this and you're right much worse things go on and are talked about - but ya know...there are some idiots out there. I'm an unlucky person so I tend to assume the worst for myself lmfao.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well my only advice if your breaking the law Don't tell your friends about it, just tell us ;)

Seriously tho no ones going to care, besides if im not mistaken this servers not even hosted on any american friendly soil ;)

Trying to get any information on this server would require an act of military force and the invasion of a whole country ;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

I wouldn't worry 'bout the odor where you live. My apartment is pretty much as big as yours and my grow space also. Flowering 4 plants right now. I also smoke in my apartment and nobody complained so far. I'm not using any kind of filters and there's barely any odor to notice. Smoking and cooking stinks the apartment good enough to cover the smell of ganja. Just keep it for yourself and your good there.

++++Vibes

C

crocodile og

A big hello to the wonderful people at the NSA and CIA. You guys are wonderful, intelligent and so good looking. God bless you all.

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Question: CO2 is so important/good for your plant as the grow guide suggests, has anyone ever tried adding liquid CO2 to their soil? Like the kind used in Aquarium plants?

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

What's the best (easiest on the plant) way to move the plant from solo cup to 2-gallon planter?

tobh

tobh

Supporter

Use a VPN provider to tunnel your traffic through and strip your images of meta-data with something like jhead. super easy to use, and well worth the investment(in the VPN). There are many providers available, shouldn't pay more than 5 or 6 bucks a year for it. Make sure to use one that does not log, throttle traffic and uses shared IP addresses. You could also use Tor, but that's a pain in the ass and you still can be traced back. With a VPN, at least your traffic is encrypted nearly the whole time so even if it is sniffed, the man-in-the-middle still won't be able to read it.

And locks on everything. I use an outdoor house lock on the door to the room I have my cabinet in.

indicabush

indicabush

Well my only advice if your breaking the law Don't tell your friends about it, just tell us ;)

Seriously tho no ones going to care, besides if im not mistaken this servers not even hosted on any american friendly soil ;)

Trying to get any information on this server would require an act of military force and the invasion of a whole country ;)

Yeah no problem:

Hostname www.thcfarmer.com ISP GloboTech Communications (AS36666)
Continent North America Flag
CA.png

Country Canada Country Code CA (CAN)
Region New Brunswick Local time 08 Feb 2015 22:20 AST
Metropolis Unknown Postal Code E8A
City Saint-quentin Latitude 47.502
IP Address 67.215.3.178 Longitude -67.39

Canada's Cyber Security has no real interest in us potheads :D

If your going to play...no the players.

Top Bottom