Newbie Here...which Type Of Cfl Lights Should I Use For Auto Flowers?

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Hey everyone! I am growing my first auto flower in soil and so far I have been using 2 Ecosmart Daylight 5000K bulbs. This auto flower that I am growing will grow from 20" to 30" in height. What would you recommend I use as far as more CFL bulbs go for the complete grow? How many would I need? What type of CFL bulbs? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to just purchase more of the clamp lights if possible. Here are some pics of my grow so far.

9 Days:
Untitled
Untitled1
Untitled2

Treveis

Treveis

Looks like your good with just the two but keep the plant within 4inch of the light so you don't have such a stretch if your trying to keep on the down low add two more lights when the plant get alittle bigger

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Looks like your good with just the two but keep the plant within 4inch of the light so you don't have such a stretch if your trying to keep on the down low add two more lights when the plant get alittle bigger
So I wouldn't need to add different types of CFL's for an entire grow?

whitebob

whitebob

So I wouldn't need to add different types of CFL's for an entire grow?
you can get dual spectrum cfls.. I've used them to grow autos very well in the past.. i would personally go with red spectrum or dual as they only veg for a small period of time, maybe one blue and three red. i grew two autos with 3x 125w red spectrum and yielded over an oz per plant..;) hope that helps..

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

you can get dual spectrum cfls.. I've used them to grow autos very well in the past.. i would personally go with red spectrum or dual as they only veg for a small period of time, maybe one blue and three red. i grew two autos with 3x 125w red spectrum and yielded over an oz per plant..;) hope that helps..
Awesome thanks! Do you have a link for where you purchased them at?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Add some warm white, mixed spectrum is best. Keep the cfls a few inches away from the plant on all sides if possible and have a fan blowing on it when the lights are on.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hey everyone! I am growing my first auto flower in soil and so far I have been using 2 Ecosmart Daylight 5000K bulbs. This auto flower that I am growing will grow from 20" to 30" in height. What would you recommend I use as far as more CFL bulbs go for the complete grow? How many would I need? What type of CFL bulbs? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to just purchase more of the clamp lights if possible. Here are some pics of my grow so far.

9 Days:
View attachment 684370 View attachment 684371 View attachment 684372
And wow, what a special first grow, how lucky can you get...
A whorled phyllotaxy plant on your first....
And with three cotyledons none the less...
I hope it stays whorled for you.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

I moved the plant 2 days ago into my grow tent and decided to prop the plant higher towards the LED light. I was planning on starting a second grow maybe using the CFL lights and no tent just to see how that would go but I may just stick the second plant inside the tent. Here are some pics as of today:

12 days old using only pH'd water. How does she look to you guys?
Untitled
Untitled2
Untitled1

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like your temps got a bit too low and a bit too high, do you have a scrubber and vent fan?
It looks great btw, it may not stay looking that way if those are your normal highs and low temps.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Looks like your temps got a bit too low and a bit too high, do you have a scrubber and vent fan?
It looks great btw, it may not stay looking that way if those are your normal highs and low temps.
Yea those high and low temps were from the other room I had it set up in when I was using the CFL bulbs. I reset the temp box and should get the true temps inside my tent. I believe the temps will range from 70-79 degrees. All I have in the tent is the small fan and a 4" exhaust fan with carbon filter. I have the exhaust running just below 50% power with the fan speed controller. It is a small tent (only 24"x24"x56"). Any recommendations of proper watering? I am nervous that I may be over watering.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
With an auto that small I let the top of the soil dry out and just water around it in a circle, not soaking the whole pot. After it gets a bit bigger I would sart watering until I got runoff. Good rule of thumb with dirt is to stick in your thumb, or finger, and if its moist under the first few inches of soil then dont water it.

whitebob

whitebob

try to keep your RH up near 60 too if possible they just like it like that when there vegging,, but that goes for all photo/auto alike...

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Untitled
Untitled1
Untitled2
Untitled3
This is the second time so far this has happened. This snot like substance occurred within 3 days. I use this bucket with pH'd water and air stone to water my plant. The air stone is left on 24 hours a day. What is this snot like substance? Is there something I can add to the water to combat this? Is it still safe to use this water to water my plant? Anyone else ever had this problem? Plant is at 14 days :)

JMcG

JMcG

And wow, what a special first grow, how lucky can you get...
A whorled phyllotaxy plant on your first....
And with three cotyledons none the less...
I hope it stays whorled for you.
Can the good Dr please elaborate and educate me on those terms? ( not the cotyledons, got that... except maybe the three part )

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
View attachment 686453 View attachment 686454 View attachment 686455 View attachment 686456 This is the second time so far this has happened. This snot like substance occurred within 3 days. I use this bucket with pH'd water and air stone to water my plant. The air stone is left on 24 hours a day. What is this snot like substance? Is there something I can add to the water to combat this? Is it still safe to use this water to water my plant? Anyone else ever had this problem? Plant is at 14 days :)
Bacteria build up on air stone, wash it off with mild soap and water. Hydro guard and low water temps help but not necessary for bubbling a bucket.

Top Bottom