Newbie looking for advice on droopy plants.

• Thread starter Okanagan1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Okanagan1

Hey guys and gals, so here's some back stories. I am growing outdoors in 5gal buckets and Plants happy and healthy growing like weeds, about 2 weeks ago they went into flower as expected a week ago a changed from veg fertilizer to flower fertilizer and things where great. About 5 days ago they looked amazing and then 4 days ago they kinda drooped out and have stayed like this since. At first I thought overwater so I left them for a day no change, they then felt kinda dry so I gave them a half water with no change. Then I let them sit for 2 days with no change. The dirt then felt dry dry so I watered a full water and today no change. Am I maybe getting root bound or due to fertilizer change or what might be causing this? Should I transplant to bigger pots? Any insight or help would be great thx. First pic is a week ago. Second and third are today.
Newbie looking for advice on droopy plants
Newbie looking for advice on droopy plants 2
Newbie looking for advice on droopy plants 3

O

Okanagan1

Anyone? I have also noticed red/purple starting at my fan leaves.
20190818 105715
20190818 105751

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Being in the okanagan, is it super fricking hot there right now? That could be partly to blame. But they otherwise look pretty good to me.

Also I would stick with Veg food for at least 3-4 weeks in bloom before switching to flower ratio food. Otherwise you could cut too much N too quickly, and depending on what nutes you're using and what media they're in, you could easily overdo the P also.

O

Okanagan1

Being in the okanagan, is it super fricking hot there right now? That could be partly to blame. But they otherwise look pretty good to me.

Also I would stick with Veg food for at least 3-4 weeks in bloom before switching to flower ratio food. Otherwise you could cut too much N too quickly, and depending on what nutes you're using and what media they're in, you could easily overdo the P also.
Thanks I am using a nutrient that is designed to slowly be changed over and I'm following the instructions. The temp here has 25-32c during the day and about 12-15c at night. Maybe I'll try a bit less water per water cycle and see how it reacts. I've just noticed it almost stopped growning now and looks a bit droopy. Maybe she will come back around I'm just a newbie and worried. Lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Probably just nerves man. But never hurts to cover the bases, Check for pests, water to saturation but only when they're dry, keep an eye on it for progression of signs. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Most the reason it’s stopped growing is because it’s starting to bud and that’s where the energy is going. That and the time of day when it’s hottest will produce some results like this. The pot size looks large enough. Could go bigger and it could help but that’s up to you. Maybe a top feed would help too. They are showing some early signs of deficiencies to my eyes. Maybe lacking some NPK. I’m not really used to bottled nutes so I can’t give you bearings on that really. Is your water filtered?

Top Bottom