Newbie Needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings

• Thread starter Semo_Nate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Semo_Nate

1st off I just want to introduce myself to this wonderful website that I have been paying close attention to since I 1st got the ideal I wanted to try to grow cannabis. Every thread has been completely helpful. So let's dig into it.
Room...
14×14 sealed, hybrid vent
Mini split with heat pump ( currently 75゚)
Aprilair dehumidifier ( 55%)
Ac infinity 8" intake / exhaust with carbon filter
Hurricane 12" fans ×2
Co2 set up. (Currently not running until real veg)
Trolmaster controls for humidity/ temp/ co2
California light works solar 550 x2 with their controller. ( love)
Hydrologic 300 RO filter and fresh water res.
SYSTEM...
hybrid DWCR 45gal give or take total
Current culture 8 gal. mods (love) 5.5 net pots
1/4 water chiller ( 68゚)
Recirculating pump (used for hot water recirculation system works awesome)
Side feed using one gallon per minute pressure regulators.
1 litre per minute of air on 6" air stones ( give or take)
I did install a drip controller to help start routes entering water.
I believe being a newbie that this system is running absolutely wonderful great flow( not to much)
Genetic strand= Skywalker OG
1st off let me state that we try to grow one time in all seedlings died due to inexperience using rockwool. Didn't realise they tried out inconsistently and that's pretty much what happened.
Round 2 used a heat mat and starter kit and everything went very well. Transferred about a week and a 1/2 ago. some say too early but honestly I would just wish I would've started them in the system. I know that's a matter of opinion. I started the drip feed on day 3 so they could adjust slowly to moving to a Solar System lights. Every 8 hours for 2 minutes Everyone started to yellow and droop. Waterline is right below net cups and was staying pretty wet so I backed off on watering completely. I'm using advanced Nutrients sensi grow a/b ec was point .5 . Have friends using the same thing in all have add to use Cal/ mag. So I added 60ml and 20ml of a/b And it came up .7 I stopped there because I new and a little scared. All plants have responded well greening backup and new growth except 1. This little guy leaves are yellow and blotchy Brown in continuing to get worse. New growth does look better Pullback clay pebbles to check wetness of rockwool and roots are growing out of side of stem. So I know it's trying. So my biggest question do you think this is a Cal mg issue/ over water/ or something I don't understand? All advice would be appreciated. 1st 2 pics are of the problem plant. 3rd is what the rest are looking like since I backed off water and added calmag and a/b
LIGHTS are 50" above. par metre on the way so I cannot give you reading.
Thank you everyone!!!

Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings
Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings 2
Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings 3
Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings 4
Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings 5
Newbie needing wonderful advice for sick seedlings 6
Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

I dont understand why new growers dont start with the basic growing easier methods until they learn . No need to go all out n buy all that crap. Soil a light n a rooms and a fans all u needed at 1st.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I dont understand why new growers dont start with the basic growing easier methods until they learn . No need to go all out n buy all that crap. Soil a light n a rooms and a fans all u needed at 1st.
Some people need to be able to set it and forget it due to their jobs or social lives.

422src

422src

1st off I just want to introduce myself to this wonderful website that I have been paying close attention to since I 1st got the ideal I wanted to try to grow cannabis. Every thread has been completely helpful. So let's dig into it.
Room...
14×14 sealed, hybrid vent
Mini split with heat pump ( currently 75゚)
Aprilair dehumidifier ( 55%)
Ac infinity 8" intake / exhaust with carbon filter
Hurricane 12" fans ×2
Co2 set up. (Currently not running until real veg)
Trolmaster controls for humidity/ temp/ co2
California light works solar 550 x2 with their controller. ( love)
Hydrologic 300 RO filter and fresh water res.
SYSTEM...
hybrid DWCR 45gal give or take total
Current culture 8 gal. mods (love) 5.5 net pots
1/4 water chiller ( 68゚)
Recirculating pump (used for hot water recirculation system works awesome)
Side feed using one gallon per minute pressure regulators.
1 litre per minute of air on 6" air stones ( give or take)
I did install a drip controller to help start routes entering water.
I believe being a newbie that this system is running absolutely wonderful great flow( not to much)
Genetic strand= Skywalker OG
1st off let me state that we try to grow one time in all seedlings died due to inexperience using rockwool. Didn't realise they tried out inconsistently and that's pretty much what happened.
Round 2 used a heat mat and starter kit and everything went very well. Transferred about a week and a 1/2 ago. some say too early but honestly I would just wish I would've started them in the system. I know that's a matter of opinion. I started the drip feed on day 3 so they could adjust slowly to moving to a Solar System lights. Every 8 hours for 2 minutes Everyone started to yellow and droop. Waterline is right below net cups and was staying pretty wet so I backed off on watering completely. I'm using advanced Nutrients sensi grow a/b ec was point .5 . Have friends using the same thing in all have add to use Cal/ mag. So I added 60ml and 20ml of a/b And it came up .7 I stopped there because I new and a little scared. All plants have responded well greening backup and new growth except 1. This little guy leaves are yellow and blotchy Brown in continuing to get worse. New growth does look better Pullback clay pebbles to check wetness of rockwool and roots are growing out of side of stem. So I know it's trying. So my biggest question do you think this is a Cal mg issue/ over water/ or something I don't understand? All advice would be appreciated. 1st 2 pics are of the problem plant. 3rd is what the rest are looking like since I backed off water and added calmag and a/b
LIGHTS are 50" above. par metre on the way so I cannot give you reading.
Thank you everyone!!!
Serious setup, should be great once they get going.

S

Semo_Nate

Thank you everyone for replying. We had a slight levelling problem with our bucket heights from one row to the next which were allowing more water than needed underneath the net pots. They are about 3 weeks old. Agree we did not need nutrients and should adjust ran water. The reason for transplanting quicker than normal was because of the light issue. Doing my best to stay extremely cautious and not jump the gun. After lowering the water level, they are springing backup and seem to be doing better. I left them alone since I have made this post because I didn't want to make any changes before advice was gave. So thank you all very much.
The reason for the extreme set up was because we knew we would like to do this and did not want to waste money and turn around and spend on bigger or better equipment down the road. I have seen friends do this with lights and equipment. Also two of us funding it, so made it easier. I also wanted to have the best environment as possible so I could strictly focus on what to do and not to do with the plants themselves. Meaning I want to learn to grow without pesky humidity and temperature and fungi/mold issues. Yes, the system is overkill for the stage at hand. But it has been absolutely fun setting up this room and system. I went with the trollmaster unit because of the fuzzy logic control. Other controllers just had for plugins which was not ideal for our type of Room. It's modulated so we can build on it. It runs co2, fans, and humidity. Not the temperature due to mini split with heat pump compatability. Did we need all of this ? no not at all. But it's been fun and why not. I also have 22 years of irrigation contracting experience so the basics of the hydraulics of the set up was due to my background( although I have never irrigated cannibis or hydro). We also want to jump right in and start with dwcr hydroponics. We have friends running coco, drip pots with clay pebbles, and coco/dirt mix. Tent vs. rooms. We all wanted to do something a little different so we could see what works best and learn from each other.
I really appreciate everyone's input and keep it coming anytime. I'm really glad I joined. And with everyone's help, maybe years down the road I might be able to help someone as you have done for me. So much to learn. Thank you!

S

Semo_Nate

I want to learn deep water culture hydroponics. I live in Southeast Missouri and we have high humidity. It can get extremely cold and extremely hot. Last week it was -1 with a humidity of 30%. Yesterday it was 60゚ with humidity 55 . We have erratic weather. I need the control. I also wanted to run a sealed room due to conserving energy with a/c and heat. I have friends running non sealed rooms with AC or heat running constantly with fans moving fresh air in-and-out and my electricity bill is half of what they are. Having the space room and convenience was also a big factor. I agree that we did not need any of this but this has been fun and why not.

Top Bottom