Newbie - Outdoor Michigan grower - to harvest or not to harvest - that is the question....

• Thread starter flowerlover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowerlover

flowerlover

Newbie here - I have no idea what I am doing. I have looked at hundreds of photos and read many posts. I'm in Southeast Michigan - I don't know what strain I am growing. I have one very large plant, outdoors (about 9 feet tall and 6 feet wide). When I look at the trychos with the loupe - they all look cloudy. Very few amber - almost none. There are still a lot of white pistils - on lower parts of some of the big flowers. Calyx are very swollen.

I think maybe I should wait a little longer - however, it has been raining last few days, rain in the forecast today and next couple of days. Temps cool - but will be hot this week - (unusually). (Also - may have a little wpm - but could also be white paint from the wall....seems only to be on a few leaves that were leaning against the house...I did spray baking soda on just in case).

I would love some input - to harvest or not - please take a look at my photos.

Thanks so much!

Q8IVcEGaQWSIjn1LVUgEzQ
AkXZSpNTQsyOPmFxeLbJIA
8PGtOg9FQfkC4NGCaFp1g
MZLnpYPWTFmap23OM7NcqQ
ULhWV3deRCqS9pZombLXvw
LGTp5osSYaDV2uEJjnvVQ
7J2tUyjSu20zecgubsEtg
PEgbN61TLqm1AN9aOzo8w
GwQ4dItmSmyxTNPuTx0ubw
9VsYiB7LTUBwAP4nxF1g
W0M1UcWTa6FkyDatKvXcQ
DAuoasHSJUo04aONPYfA
Z4ax3yNRRJqeNromKXymag
XmNhNIvSB2bXx0tbHVpNg
IMG 5424
GVEA5kkQ3359qwisHn4Q
JQjFBNkQ7yWJTxLuZfcUA
VzYE7p89TXOWw5CAtw48Sg
Screen Shot 2019 09 29 at 112451 AM
1Dobo

1Dobo

Yeah, gotta agree with the above... My plants looked like that three weeks ago and I'm still holding off for at least another week. Mine are outside but protected with plastic so they don't get beaten by rain, plus I'm in Hawaii so the temps aren't an issue. I'd think that since this is the end of September, you've got some time to go, maybe another month. You've got such a nice plant, you can always harvest some every week, then at least next time around you'll have a better idea. I'd probably pull a good amount of the larger fan leaves off at this point too, that way the interior will get some light and you will increase air circulation which will help if you have mold issues in your neck of the woods. Good luck!

flowerlover

flowerlover

Thanks all for your advice and comments. I removed quite a few fan leaves -it definitely opened up the plant - just in the nick of time as there was just another down pour. I think this will help. Praying that I don't get the dreaded bud rot....I think I may have removed some trichomes - as my hands are very sticky - it sure does smell good. Like cotton candy! This has been such a fun experience - I never knew how pretty a weed could be:)

Migrower

Migrower

yeah let it go at least thru this week and as long as you can. im in northern mi. and Im letting mine go at least till next sunday *hopefully* and mine are a bit further along than yours. you really could could go 2 maybe 3 weeks more if weather allows.

1Dobo

1Dobo

Keep an eye out for budworms too. I pulled about 50 or more of them from my flowers (on 30 plants though... so not all on one plant, lol) over the past month. It isn't so much the damage from them eating, it is the damage they leave behind after the bud die (or portions of them), then the mold coming in and growing on the left over dead tissue, caterpillar crap. No sense in losing product over those things, especially if you are vigilant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom